AFL 2024 - AFL ROUND 17

Remove this Banner Ad

Call me crazy but 2.60 and 12.5 line for Essendon is a little off I feel.. Pies lose another two valuable contibutors to the way they play in Noble and Mcreery (who knows about Maynard he hurt knee late too) and no real ins coming back in this week.. I'd Say Jiaths brother would replace Noble despite the height disparity?

Essendon once again looked great around the ball 1st half but couldn't convert and then totally lost the plot in 3rd when they had those 4 shocking decisions go against them and really turn the match.. (the Draper Mark, the Menzie deliberate and the non paid holding the balls on Stewart and I think it was Bowes) yes it isn't an excuse for how Geelong ran over them but it really rattled them and showed that maybe they aren't as mature as they've been claiming...

But they match up well to go head to head with Daicos, Crisp, De Goey with Caldwell/Durham good at defensive aspects and Merrett improving...Don't think Pies have the big forward to keep Ridley from his intercepting role either. Also a bit of upside as Merrett had a shocker with his disposal (47%) and Martin had a lot of shockers which is normal lol.. but yeh upside in Wright/Langford/Stringer you'd think two of the three will play much better on Friday.. add to that a few tweaks to the lineup they really need to go One ruck probably Draper and bring in the two form midfielders Shiel and Tsatas.. to replace Goldy and probably Menzie but could be Harrison Jones if his injury keeps him out.

Call me crazy but 2.60 and 12.5 line for Essendon is a little off I feel.. Pies lose another two valuable contibutors to the way they play in Noble and Mcreery (who knows about Maynard he hurt knee late too) and no real ins coming back in this week.. I'd Say Jiaths brother would replace Noble despite the height disparity?

Essendon once again looked great around the ball 1st half but couldn't convert and then totally lost the plot in 3rd when they had those 4 shocking decisions go against them and really turn the match.. (the Draper Mark, the Menzie deliberate and the non paid holding the balls on Stewart and I think it was Bowes) yes it isn't an excuse for how Geelong ran over them but it really rattled them and showed that maybe they aren't as mature as they've been claiming...

But they match up well to go head to head with Daicos, Crisp, De Goey with Caldwell/Durham good at defensive aspects and Merrett improving...Don't think Pies have the big forward to keep Ridley from his intercepting role either. Also a bit of upside as Merrett had a shocker with his disposal (47%) and Martin had a lot of shockers which is normal lol.. but yeh upside in Wright/Langford/Stringer you'd think two of the three will play much better on Friday.. add to that a few tweaks to the lineup they really need to go One ruck probably Draper and bring in the two form midfielders Shiel and Tsatas.. to replace Goldy and probably Menzie but could be Harrison Jones if his injury keeps him out.
Noble and Beau wont play, will know more about Maynard Wednesday , Schultz comes in

Few very early plays I like, all at B365:

Tom Stewart 2+ @41 - priced as a defender, will likely play midfield again, will take any midfielder at those odds.

Sam De Koning 2+ @34 - will play as number one ruck again, kicked a goal v Carlton.

Quinton Narkle 3+ @34 - with Mcentee and Evans out of the side, Narkle played half forward v St Kilda. Had 4 possessions inside 50m for 1.2.

Jeremy Howe 4+ @125 - why not?

Will also keep an eye on Esava Ratugolea odds (not currently listed on B365), Marshall and Dixon out and Port backline functioned better without Esava. They swung him forward v GWS a couple of weeks ago and reckon he’s a good chance to play forward this week.

Tom Stewart 2+ @41 - priced as a defender, will likely play midfield again, will take any midfielder at those odds.

Sam De Koning 2+ @34 - will play as number one ruck again, kicked a goal v Carlton.

Quinton Narkle 3+ @34 - with Mcentee and Evans out of the side, Narkle played half forward v St Kilda. Had 4 possessions inside 50m for 1.2.

Will also keep an eye on Esava Ratugolea odds (not currently listed on B365), Marshall and Dixon out and Port backline functioned better without Esava. They swung him forward v GWS a couple of weeks ago and reckon he’s a good chance to play forward this week.

Tailed Stewart AGS $7 and Narkle 2/3 @ $11/$51 both on PB

tailed narkle and howe

also howe 2/3

also howe and narkle 2/2 @ 48, 3/3 @ 782 and howe 4/narkle 3 @ 4250 (lol)

you'd think the Pies play Howe down there as it gives them a tall target to occupy Ridley.. Essendon a different side if Ridley can play as the interceptor and leave Mckay/Laverde to take the two talls.

you'd think the Pies play Howe down there as it gives them a tall target to occupy Ridley.. Essendon a different side if Ridley can play as the interceptor and leave Mckay/Laverde to take the two talls.

i'll die on the hill that howe is a really good forward especially given their current situation

Agree, but the flip side is also true.

Playing Howe down back allows Moore to play as interceptor...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree, but the flip side is also true.

Playing Howe down back allows Moore to play as interceptor...

Dont You Dare The Office GIF by hero0fwar

Port at evens the early play for me. Rate them about 1.60 at home.
Is that because you rate PA or don't rate WB?

If it's the latter, you will most definitely be interested in Carlton's opening line of -3.5 v WB. Available w SB.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back