Preview 2024 AFL Season, Round 17: St Kilda saints v Sydney Swans, Sunday 7th of July 3:20pm AEST, Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Why choose Keeler over Heath for a position that Heath has been developing for 2 years in? If you're going to debut Keeler, it wouldn't be as a 2nd ruck where he'd get bodied by any mature AFL body. Heath at least has come up against these types in the VFL (Stanley, Naismith etc)

I guess I see a future where Keels is a natural forward for us who gives a chop out in the ruck. Considering he's now being trained & played in defence, I'm already completely wrong.

As for Heath, I see him as a ruck who will rest down forward so it's more role based.

I guess I'm also somewhat seduced by the natural excitement and flair that Keels brings, I desperately want him to succeed. Heath in my mind is a bit of project who is developing well. It's not rational, just prefer Keels.

Wilson looked knackerd last week. He probably needs a rest, so bring back Hugo as a defensive forward. Keeler needs more time in the gym, partcularly if he is to do part time ruck. I see Moose in as primary ruck with Ro in FF rotating into ruck to give Moose a break. Battle goes forward when Ro is in Ruck. Howard comes in for Camaniti. Pou in for Dow. He can learn from the best mids going around. If Steele is carrying an injury then Zones comes in. Time for Wilkie to step up as captain anyway.

Maybe if we went in with 3 rucks, they would be so flabbergasted they'd forget to smash us.

Will get well beat, anyway & while doing this, just saw that King is out for the season, anyway.

B. Wilkie  Howard Webster

H.B. Sch'maker Keeler  Sinclair

C. Henry Steele NWM

H.F. Butler Marshall Wood

F. Battle Sharman Higgins

Foll. Heath Phillipou Garcia

I/C. Clark, Hill, Wilson, Windhager, Bonner-sub.

Outs. Caminiti, Campbell, Dow, King, Owens

Last edited:
Training report:
Guys kicked the ball around a bit wearing different coloured vests, some handballed a little.
Defenders were speaking to Boris, quick transition game being implemented with said kicks and handballs.
Some players are faster than others, and some are more skilful, but gee whiz, the boys try hard to be footballers.
Through the middle the middle guys did middle things, all of them attempting to get the ball accurately into the forward line.
Sometimes it worked.
Most of the time it didn't.
Goddard was caught scratching his balls.
The forward line all stood like statues hoping the mids would hit them up. No leading patterns, no movement at all...eventually Sharman kicked a goal by accident but there wasn't much celebration.
Harvey, was perhaps vocal... it's hard to tell with him.
Lyon was cuddling folk...because that's who he is now.
it didn't look good to be honest.
Eventually the vests were returned to their appropriate areas.
That was the main win of the day.

Sent from Ireland, not on an i-phone.

Somebody put up a comparison between Max and Hawkins at the same age.

Can’t remember who, or which thread, but please, if you see this post, you were the poster or anyone else knows, please will you post it again for me.
Having a discussion with my Pies b-in-law who loves taking digs at us and I need some evidence. ( He’s a lawyer 🙄)

The question wasn't should we have drafted Ben but would you do the hypothetical swap now? Especially given I think we all reckon Max is the more talented. I suppose it leads to does Ben have the same attitude issues as his brother from what we've seen.
Ben has a midfield giving him decent delivery.
That’s the major difference, and probably the reason for the attitude issue.
You think if Max was playing in a mostly winning team with a decent midfield he’d have the same issues as he has now? I don’t..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No point in us playing anyone carrying an injury (or old guys who are cooked and not vital to structure) so I'd like to see this in terms of selection

Out: King (inj), Dow (inj), Caminiti (inj)
In: Pou, Garcia, Howard

B: Wilkie, Howard, Webster
HB: Sinclair, Battle, NWM
C: Hill, Steele, Schoenmaker
HF: Higgins, Marshall, Wood
F: Butler, Sharman, Owens

Foll: Campbell, Clark, Windhager
Int: Bonner, Pou, Clark, Garcia
Sub: Wilson

Please no Ross, Membrey, Jones, Cordy or Byrnes. I've given up on Bonner getting dropped.

Training report:
Guys kicked the ball around a bit wearing different coloured vests, some handballed a little.
Defenders were speaking to Boris, quick transition game being implemented with said kicks and handballs.
Some players are faster than others, and some are more skilful, but gee whiz, the boys try hard to be footballers.
Through the middle the middle guys did middle things, all of them attempting to get the ball accurately into the forward line.
Sometimes it worked.
The forward line all stood like statues hoping the mids would hit them up. No leading patterns, no movement at all...eventually Sharman kicked a goal by accident but there wasn't much celebration.

That sounds awfully like a report of last weeks game, except for the vests.

Can’t remember who, or which thread, but please, if you see this post, you were the poster or anyone else knows, please will you post it again for me.
Having a discussion with my Pies b-in-law who loves taking digs at us and I need some evidence. ( He’s a lawyer )
BigFooty.com-2006397030.jpg

On SM-A156E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Having a discussion with my Pies b-in-law who loves taking digs at us and I need some evidence. ( He’s a lawyer )

Open training today. No reports??
It's always fascinated why it's called open training.

Training never has had any closed sessions.

I can report that at Rsea today....it was packed.

The chicken deluxe toastie was incredible.

The coffee was awesome too.

Training report:
Sometimes it worked.

Come om TJ.........you were obviously watching training via a zoom session.

It's absolutely uncanny how some of the things you described actually happened.

:p :p

If you want an audio version, it was that Guy McKenna on Wheatley sen clip thst was shared on the media thread yesterday, but there was a text version that included other forwards - I don't know where.

dejavu all over again,

1991 saints lose to geelong,essendon lose to melbourne in elim finals,saints by far the better team

1992 saints win a final,lose with toss of coin in next final,bombers dont make finals

1993 bombers flag

1997 saints beat bombers at mcg,james hird on camera vs saints sobbing with foot fractures,saints lose gf,bombers nowhere

1998 saints lose a final by a point,then get knocked out in straight sets,like 1997 bombers dont make finals

2000 bombers win flag

2023 saints meet swans at scg with both teams playing for their season,saints win a hard fought game,both teams make finals,lose elim finals

2024 saints fuxxed,swans premiership favourites

how the hell is it that other teams can progress,but we never can?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back