Prediction 2024 - Best 23 + Emergencies - Rolling

Remove this Banner Ad

Hardest its been to pick a 23 in decades.

Kemp Weitering Boyd
Newman Gov Saad
Acres Cripps Cottrell
Fogarty Mckay E.Hollands
Martin Cripps Williams
TDK Cerra Walsh

Hewett Cincotta Cowan Motlop

Kennedy (Sub)

What’s it going to take to beat Sydney?
Speed, running power … class …

Boyd. Weitering. Newman.
Saad. Kemp. McGovern.
Cottrell. Cripps. Acres.
Kennedy. McKay. E Hollands.
Fogarty. Curnow. Martin.
R. TDK. Cerra. Walsh.
I. Hewett. Cincotta. O Hollands. Williams.
S. Motlop.
E. Cuningham. Marchbank. Cowan. J Carroll.

Tough calls when Martin, Cottrell, Cuningham, Marchbank and Motlop are fit / play well in the twos.

Hardest its been to pick a 23 in decades.

Kemp Weitering Boyd
Newman Gov Saad
Acres Cripps Cottrell
Fogarty Mckay E.Hollands
Martin Cripps Williams
TDK Cerra Walsh

Hewett Cincotta Cowan Motlop

Kennedy (Sub)

Agree with that team except that Owies is probably doing too much right to be dropped for Motlop at the moment. It will be interesting to see how that evolves.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The question over Motlop is his endurance. Even last season when he was in form and kicking goals. Running the other way and quality in his chasing and pressure wasn't great. A lot of excitement around this preseason that he improved that, then he had a long layoff with injury. I would not be surprised if Motlop and Marchbank finish the season in the VFL and don't get a look in. Hit the preseason hard and aim for 2025. Our pressure and two way running is such a big part of our success.

It's funny how things change. Start of the season I would have had Cuningham and Cottrell at half forward. Marchbank at CHB. I have none of them in the side now. Cottrell close but Cuningham nowhere near the 23. Marchbank at CHB and a fit version may well be but at this stage, Kemp and McGovern are filling this role so well.

Kemp Weitering Boyd
Saad McGovern Newman
Acres Cripps O Hollands
Cincotta McKay E Hollands
Fogarty Curnow Owies
DeKoning Walsh Kennedy
Cowan Williams Cerra Hewett
Martin

Love the midfield rotations of this side. Also love the injury cover. Lose a back, Williams and Cincotta can go there. Lose a forward, we have mids who can go forward and the sub. Lose a mid, we already have plenty of mids and forwards who can go mid.

DeKoning gives us an extra rover, he's killing it in the ruck.

Our defence has good pace and athleticism and it defends really well.

Cincotta has been a revelation, a defensive mid who kicks goals.

The half forward line has some seriously talented rotations. E Hollands, Williams and I think Cerra goes there as well coming back. We have a seriously deep midfield and those half forward options. Want good forward entries, these are the guys. Massive upgrade on Cuningham and Cottrell.

Fogarty and Owies. Underrated. Owies kicking and setting up a lot of goals. Fogarty's pressure has been good. Our forward line is just functioning.

Martin. Is there a better option for a sub on our list? Big time impact player. Comes on and changes the forward dynamics. Releases one of the forwards to another role like back or mid. Gives us options.

Some talent missing out. Pittonet is a good ruck but he only plays when DeKoning misses. McKay has actually been really good in the ruck. Motlop is further away from the best 22 than many think. He's good offensively, but his defensive game has never been great. He's still developing and needs to build his tank. Marchbank is a talented player who is missing but others have grown. Still think he pushes the 22 but not at the moment. Cuningham is nowhere near this side, even when fit. Cottrell is close but does not push any of these guys out. If he does it's Fogarty and IMO he doesn't. Hollands on the wing? I think he has got the wing now, but maybe not. Silvagni and Docherty missing the side. Not sure if Silvagni pushes anyone out. Docherty would push Hollands out.

I think we are splitting up Kennedy and Hewett properly and making both work. But we need to see this against the top sides like Sydney and Collingwood who have exploited our pace in the past. I'm not convinced yet, but so far it looks like we have things right.

Kemp Weitering Boyd
Newman Mcgovern Saad
O.Hollands Cripps Acres
Fogarty Mckay E.Hollands
Martin Curnow Williams
TDK Cerra Walsh

Kennedy Cowan Cottrell Cincotta

Hewett/Owies/Motlop/Cunners as sub

Is this how we're all seeing the best 23 at this stage?

Kemp Weitering Boyd
Newman Mcgovern Saad
O.Hollands Cripps Acres
Fogarty Mckay E.Hollands
Martin Curnow Williams
TDK Cerra Walsh

Kennedy Cowan Cottrell Cincotta

Hewett/Owies/Motlop/Cunners as sub

Is this how we're all seeing the best 23 at this stage?
O. Hollands the most vulnerable on current form....

I know stats/numbers ain't everything, but it's pretty underwhelming imo.

1720133049150.png

O. Hollands the most vulnerable on current form....

I know stats/numbers ain't everything, but it's pretty underwhelming imo.

View attachment 2038862
Don't disagree but he's nearly always in our top runners and up there in pressure acts, plays an important role in the team even though it's not always reflected on the stats sheet. Ideally Doch would be there to cover his spot come finals if his knee wasn't stuffed.

Perhaps Cotts moves back to the wing when Martin's back in the forward line.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back