F1 2024 British Grand Prix - Race Weekend Thread

Who Wins the Fifth Anglo-Dutch War?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Thank god I will not be watching live and will be torrenting the F1TV feed so I don't have to listen to Crofty creaming himself.

Listening to Stella it seems like Oscar was compromised by the position he was in and fighting with others to cross the line in time. Considering McLaren usually have them out early I am surprised they left it so late.

I noticed that he was close behind Sainz and a car represented by a green dot on the track map, and thought they would be pushing it to get a fast lap started before the chequered flag came out.

How many times does this make now, where Piastri's race has been screwed up by a team mistake? The last 2 races were ruined by driver errors, but there have been a lot of team errors affecting Oscar this year.

On SM-A5360 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Crofty was terrible on commentary today, vomit inducing.
The former British Darts championship commentator was simply being true to form - shouty cheerleading giving the British audience everything they wanted.

And apart from Brundle, the flag waving from every single one of the Sky team was vomit inducing.

Should petition Foxtel/Kayo to swap to the SkyItalia commentary with subtitles or something every British GP weekend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

things a getting a bit willing between r.b and mclaren

Watching Daniel's onboard he copped the traffic as well compromising the start of his lap.
yep! but he's not driving well. had he been driving well i reckon he'd be in peco's seat by now. i think that was horner's intention when he levered him into this seat.

yep! but he's not driving well. had he been driving well i reckon he'd be in peco's seat by now. i think that was horner's intention when he levered him into this seat.

He's been fairly good lately but yeah if he'd been a bit better he probably has the seat. Would be good to see him in the RB for a raxe to see what he does.

Are we looking at a multiple stop race again ?
Last few have been good with most doing a 2 stopper. A few teams will be wary of going too long and having tyres blow up like they did a few years ago.

Pirelli are saying it should be a 1 stopper but it will probably end up being 2.

I'd love for Pirelli to build tyres where all races have a minimum of two stops

It doesn't even have to be that. The FIA could easily make a rule saying all 3 compounds must be used in a race to force 2 stop races.

I'd love for Pirelli to build tyres where all races have a minimum of two stops
Not sure it's that the tyres are all too hard, just for some reason they seem to aim for 1-2 stops as the ideal rather than 2-3. They brought the three hardest compounds to Silverstone this week. The C5 compound is seldom seen.

Back