AFL 2024 Brownlow Medal

Remove this Banner Ad

Pat Cripps a lock for 3 votes in Rd 23 v Eagles.

Lock that in. You will be lucky to get anything above 1.02+ or better there for the 3 Vote Game Markets. Thats better than bank interest.

The fascinating thing will be the 2 and 1 vote (in that Eagles v Blues Rd 23 game) could go to: B Kemp, Hewett, Kennedy and Weitering in any order. Might be important handicap Blues votes when those are released, in particular for the last 3. The commentators didnt talk up Weiterings game as much as the other three.

Pat Cripps a lock for 3 votes in Rd 23 v Eagles.

Lock that in. You will be lucky to get anything above 1.02+ or better there for the 3 Vote Game Markets. Thats better than bank interest.

The fascinating thing will be the 2 and 1 vote (in that Eagles v Blues Rd 23 game) could go to: B Kemp, Hewett, Kennedy and Weitering in any order. Might be important handicap Blues votes when those are released, i particular for the last 3. The commentators didnt talk up Weiterings game as much as the other three.
Thought Hewett would have been the clear 2 on the Brownlow votes, the others may be rated higher from the coaches or media etc but umps love in and under contested players, always have.

Thought Hewett would have been the clear 2 on the Brownlow votes, the others may be rated higher from the coaches or media etc but umps love in and under contested players, always have.
He doesnt have a great polling history. The numbers on the AFL stats website suggests : scoring involvements, metres gained, contested possessions, tackles- he would be right under the umpires eye.

I can see the point of view that he was the 2nd best player on tonight.

I would love to see a trifecta for 3-2-1 for that game. Sportsbet or betting agencies if you reading this what do you think?

Interesting to note for Round-by-Round betting in 2024, the payout limit has been increased to $250. Pretty sure last year, the limits were $100.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting….

Before Trac got injured I had him up there with the overall leaders. Pretty sure someone here called this out over a month ago when he was $26.

Attachments

• IMG_5285.jpeg
    IMG_5285.jpeg
    85.8 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_5286.jpeg
    IMG_5286.jpeg
    125.6 KB · Views: 60
Have to factor in the 3 pending votes this week when he kicks 12 though
Im willing to give him the 3 there.

I went back and had a look at his goal hauls this season.

Bag of 6 goals v Roos in Rd 5, Bag of 5 goals v Blues in Rd 7, Bag of 4 goals v Hawks in Rd 17, Bag of 6 goals v Adelaide in Rd 21.

The Blues game im not sure he was best on ground.

The game against the Hawks I too am not sure he was best on ground there. Close also scored 4 goals.

Im assuming thats where the vast majority of his votes will come from. And if he doesn't get at least 10+ votes there for those 4 games, he is buggered to win Geelongs votes I reckon.

Not sure if games involving 3+ goals and 15+ disposals cut the mustard for votes.

Im willing to give him the 3 there.

I went back and had a look at his goal hauls this season.

Bag of 6 goals v Roos in Rd 5, Bag of 5 goals v Blues in Rd 7, Bag of 4 goals v Hawks in Rd 17, Bag of 6 goals v Adelaide in Rd 21.

The Blues game im not sure he was best on ground.

The game against the Hawks I too am not sure he was best on ground there. Close also scored 4 goals.

Im assuming thats where the vast majority of his votes will come from. And if he doesn't get at least 10+ votes there for those 4 games, he is buggered to win Geelongs votes I reckon.

Not sure if games involving 3+ goals and 15+ disposals cut the mustard for votes.
I think 15 + and 3 goals is more likely to get votes over say Holmes having 30 odd. Holmes only polled 1 vote last year I think.

Does anyone have sheezel close to LDU? I have LDU 5 infront, and with sheezel out this week, feel $1.90 is juicey

I think 15 + and 3 goals is more likely to get votes over say Holmes having 30 odd. Holmes only polled 1 vote last year I think.

Does anyone have sheezel close to LDU? I have LDU 5 infront, and with sheezel out this week, feel $1.90 is juicey
I did some quirky stats

Jeremy Cameron when he has 4+ Goals , from 2017-2023. Polls at least a vote in 23 of those 30 games.

When he kicks exactly 3 goals, in the same time frame. He polls at least a vote in 3 of those 32 games.

Ill have to go back and possibly review the games against Carlton in Rd 7 and Hawks in Rd 17.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL 2024 Brownlow Medal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back