AFL 2024 Brownlow Medal

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the best way to describe how this went is that gif.. sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe shit.

Tom Green, Nuke Overs and Bont unders were nice.

Neale getting ass ****ed was a major downer. I took far too many stupid prop bets just to make it interesting otherwise it was fun. Massive thanks to all you degens and your hard work on this thread, It is appreciated, and to those asshats that feel the need to DM people when their bets don't get up can just go and get ****ed.

Calling it now Neale for NS just to make myself feel better.

Possibly the worst count in memory, the way the umpires are voting has significantly changed over the years.

Might be time to actually hand them stats after the game to at least somewhat quantify their initial thoughts.

If you look back at the 2003 count for instance, we had three players tying on 22 votes. In 2024, 13 players achieved this mark, with Cripps obviously polling more than double.

Odds, handicap in one table:

1727126365699.png

1727126384816.png

1727126409568.png

Few interesting stats of the 8 scratch winners, eg players starting at +0 . The average odds was: $3.01.

Favourites or equal favourites, won 11 of those 18 groups. The surprise for me in those handicaps was Papley getting up, personally dont think he has that great a season. I had him polling 0 votes.

Neales line pre-count was 26.5 votes, so can understand the logic of people backing him in the handicaps to cover, if they thought he would go over. Understand his price shortened to $1.80 .

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL 2024 Brownlow Medal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back