Coach 2024 Coaching

Remove this Banner Ad

Rivers has been officially announced (buried on https://www.afl.com.au/news/1223072...ghs-up-new-home-saints-bolster-coaching-ranks). Wonder if one of Goddard or Harves will get parachuted into the Sandringham vacancy.

SAINTS ADD TO COACHING RANKS​

FORMER Melbourne and Geelong defender Jared Rivers is set for a return to the AFL ranks, with the Rising Star winner to join St Kilda's coaching panel.

Rivers will join St Kilda as a backline coach working under Ross Lyon and alongside fellow assistants Corey Enright, Brendon Goddard and Robert Harvey.

He comes to the Saints after being senior coach at Collegians Football Club in the Victorian Amateurs competition and steering them to the 2023 A-Grade premiership.

zhazVdst.jpg

Jared Rivers watches on during North Melbourne's intra-club at Arden St on February 14, 2020.

After retiring at the end of 2015 following a 194-game career, Rivers joined Collingwood as a development coach and coached the Magpies' VFL side.

He joined North Melbourne as a defensive coach for 2020 but was stood down early in the season as clubs dealt with the COVID shutdown and had only skeleton staff on deck.

AFL.com.au reported this month that Saints development coach and head coach of Sandringham's VFL side, Jake Batchelor, had left the club. – Callum Twomey

Does anyone else think Enright may possibly be coaching our vfl side this year? What is better for his development if he is to become our next coach. Coaching VFL like Mitchell or is staying in the senior side in a new line?

I read somewhere that Dalrymple has been given instructions to draft players who best suit our style of game play/culture. If this is true, you would imagine our next coach is in our ranks. As RTB probably only has 2,3 at max 4 years left in him.

Brining in an outside coach in. Who would have their own philosophy wouldn't match up with the players we are recruiting if that is the path we are going down.

Last edited:
Does anyone else think Enright may possibly be coaching our vfl side this year? If he does become our next coach. Is this better for his development like Mitchell or is staying in the senior side in a new line better? Who would make way?
No way, they love Enright and need him with the first team. I doubt they're thinking about RTB's successor too much, two years to run and hopefully more after that if we start cooking.

Does anyone else think Enright may possibly be coaching our vfl side this year? What is better for his development if he is to become our next coach. Coaching VFL like Mitchell or is staying in the senior side in a new line?

I read somewhere that Dalrymple has been given instructions to draft players who best suit our style of game play/culture. If this is true, you would imagine our next coach is in our ranks. As RTB probably only has 2,3 at max 4 years left in him.

Brining in an outside coach in. Who would have their own philosophy wouldn't match up with the players we are recruiting if that is the path we are going down.

Dalrymple gave a speach earlier this year at a conference. He said drafting in general has shifted to choosing players that fit the style of the coach, it's not instructions that he was given.
Case 8n point, Toce last year preferenced players with running power in line with RTB's stated direction.

Hey guys sorry for the intrusion, I'm a huge Ross Lyon fan and with Mcqualter being announced as West Coast Coach I was thinking is this the first coach appointed that would have had Ross as his main AFL coach?

I like his story, seems like the type to thrive under Ross but I don't know much about him. Did he like Ross as a coach?

Hey guys sorry for the intrusion, I'm a huge Ross Lyon fan and with Mcqualter being announced as West Coast Coach I was thinking is this the first coach appointed that would have had Ross as his main AFL coach?

I like his story, seems like the type to thrive under Ross but I don't know much about him. Did he like Ross as a coach?
When Ross returned to St Kilda, the bloke at the very top of his assistant wish list was McQualter

Interesting tidbit, from the Shelter FootyCast with Will Schofield on WC coaching gig. Up until last night Stephen King was the favourite, mentioned in passing that he was going to bring Geelong greats Matty Scarlett and Corey Enright with him. Mini Mcqualter might have just done us a solid and saved us from losing Corey Enright if that's the case.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach 2024 Coaching

Remove this Banner Ad

Back