List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

I actually think Soldo will be an excellent pick up and great value.

Oliver only for a salary dump. Another Jack Steven type scenario.

Really that contract is a millstone around Melbourne's neck. Dees would have to pay a fair amount of his contract. Still an absolute shitshow for them.
The correct way to approach this is to offer Melbourne a great deal to absorb Oliver and his salary, string them along until the very last minute of the trade period and then pull out. Give them zero time to arrange another deal with another club, leave them lumped with a dangerously malfunctioning player on a huge salary that would need to be paid out if he was sacked.

Watch those Demons sink to the depths of the ocean with Oliver and Goody and a severely pissed off Petraca. They could be bottom 4 for another 5 years at least at this rate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbourne have been trying to offload him for the past 6 months.

If it was a nothing pick and you were a believer that we weren’t far off top 4 and challenging.

You have to do it.
He would need to seriously lift his 2024 output to even half consider it.

It has to be a big no.

The blokes cooked.

If we get end of first which we won’t that’s actually about his value imo.

End of first is already pick 21 after North were given 2 end of first picks, without even having to lose anyone. Then Ashcroft. Marshall, Lombard, Kako... add also Perryman compo to GWS (presumably band 1).. so at best pick 26 but I am sure I have missed some other rorts..

I would not be selling Battle for 26.

He would need to seriously lift his 2024 output to even half consider it.

It has to be a big no.

The blokes cooked.
Without knowing the intricate details, it seems a relatively fixeable problem. Had a cooked hand so had his contest-winning ability hampered significantly. Has had surgery on it so should be back to normal next year

Other problem was he was extremely overweight - put him on the fitness regime of one of the fittest teams in the AFL and set him back up for success. Surely even he can't screw it up with that sort of environment

End of first is already pick 21 after North were given 2 end of first picks, without even having to lose anyone. Then Ashcroft. Marshall, Lombard, Kako... add also Perryman compo to GWS (presumably band 1).. so at best pick 26 but I am sure I have missed some other rorts..

How is Perryman getting band 1, but not Battle?

CLUBS GET CLARITY ON COMPO

ST KILDA and Greater Western Sydney are among the clubs breathing a sigh of relief, after the AFL informed teams that 'Band 2' compensation picks will fall before North Melbourne's pair of end-of-first round selections.

Sydney and Gold Coast, who own the pair of Kangaroos picks, now face the prospect of falling further down the draft order should any of this year's free agency departures be deemed worthy of 'Band 2' or end-of-first round compensation.

Clubs had been nervously waiting on the League's final decision about where the picks would be placed, but received confirmation from the AFL on Monday morning.

The Saints may receive 'Band 2' compensation for defender Josh Battle's move to the Hawks, while the Giants could receive similar picks should Harry Perryman depart or perhaps even for Isaac Cumming's move to the Crows.

JcXkGCXv.JPG

Isaac Cumming in action during Greater Western Sydney's qualifying final against Sydney on September 7, 2024. Picture: AFL Photos
Clubs had lobbied to the AFL for the compensation picks to be placed before North Melbourne's pair of selections, given a similar situation occurred last year.

Adelaide and St Kilda both picked before Carlton, who held the Kangaroos' pick in 2023, having received end-of-first round compensation picks for Tom Doedee's free agency move to Brisbane and Jade Gresham's to Essendon respectively.

North Melbourne earned three end-of-first round compensation picks from the AFL last year due to poor performance, one in 2023 and two in 2024, but traded all three to rival clubs.

Last year's pick was shifted to the Blues in exchange for Zac Fisher, while their two picks this season went to the Swans for Dylan Stephens and to the Suns as a result of a pick-swap undertaken last season. – Riley Beveridge

Melbourne have been trying to offload him for the past 6 months.

If it was a nothing pick and you were a believer that we weren’t far off top 4 and challenging.

You have to do it.
Why help a direct rival improve and risk a cultural implosion at our club, just on the promise of one player turning the clock back 4-5 years? No more short cuts

Why help a direct rival improve and risk a cultural implosion at our club, just on the promise of one player turning the clock back 4-5 years? No more short cuts
Why’s the club running a dual narrative of draft and trying to attain talent that’s close to if not 30?

We were keen last year.

Dees approached us a few months back.

Only a handful of clubs can take that salary.

CLUBS GET CLARITY ON COMPO

ST KILDA and Greater Western Sydney are among the clubs breathing a sigh of relief, after the AFL informed teams that 'Band 2' compensation picks will fall before North Melbourne's pair of end-of-first round selections.

Sydney and Gold Coast, who own the pair of Kangaroos picks, now face the prospect of falling further down the draft order should any of this year's free agency departures be deemed worthy of 'Band 2' or end-of-first round compensation.

Clubs had been nervously waiting on the League's final decision about where the picks would be placed, but received confirmation from the AFL on Monday morning.

The Saints may receive 'Band 2' compensation for defender Josh Battle's move to the Hawks, while the Giants could receive similar picks should Harry Perryman depart or perhaps even for Isaac Cumming's move to the Crows.

JcXkGCXv.JPG

Isaac Cumming in action during Greater Western Sydney's qualifying final against Sydney on September 7, 2024. Picture: AFL Photos
Clubs had lobbied to the AFL for the compensation picks to be placed before North Melbourne's pair of selections, given a similar situation occurred last year.

Adelaide and St Kilda both picked before Carlton, who held the Kangaroos' pick in 2023, having received end-of-first round compensation picks for Tom Doedee's free agency move to Brisbane and Jade Gresham's to Essendon respectively.

North Melbourne earned three end-of-first round compensation picks from the AFL last year due to poor performance, one in 2023 and two in 2024, but traded all three to rival clubs.

Last year's pick was shifted to the Blues in exchange for Zac Fisher, while their two picks this season went to the Swans for Dylan Stephens and to the Suns as a result of a pick-swap undertaken last season. – Riley Beveridge
Riley don't tease me with the use of the word 'may' damn it.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back