List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

It's the trap we've got to be careful not to fall into.

2010 we looked well on our way, with worst team ever & they need priority picks at half way point to then not even winning the spoon.

Next year will be rough but need to start climbing in 2026.

You guys have had it rough with the covid draft and mummy's boy setting you back.

One massive advantage you have is you’re a big Melbourne club. You can attract talent regardless of ladder position.

We can’t

One massive advantage you have is you’re a big Melbourne club. You can attract talent regardless of ladder position.

We can’t
Yes I was hoping to get Harley Reid in the PSD as pay back for them ****ing us over on Baker and then the campaigners bent over. Bastards.

Will be interesting as you've got the rebuild headstart and should start to climb next 2 years while we've got the big club and likely we will both be chasing a KPF next year or year after.

Forgot the laughing emojis as normally that's fair & what would cost for a top 2 & potential top 5 future pick. But I feel Blair & the club have worked too hard & sold off to much experience to only really draft 3 players with 1, 2 & 10. If we have a crystal ball & can see all 3 being 200+ gamers with a future leader in there than yes, but we all know it's normally about a 50% strike rate.
No one would trade 2 1sts for an F1. Would be ridiculous, way too risky.

Not to turn this wonderful thread into a “Norf”athon but there is a key point your are missing.

North don’t know how to win.

If we are infront and see the finish line, we shit the bed and start running into each other.

All our wins were lucky, despite being the better team 80% of the game.
Clarkson is well aware of this, the 'how to win' thing is an intangible that not a lot of supporters get. It's why an extra value is placed on players that have experience in knowing how to win, Rioli, Baker, Graham and Bolton from our lot are perfect examples. Look at the demand for coaches, assistant coaches, list managers, CEO's, fitness managers and boot studders that are deliberately targeted from premiership winning teams.

Whether it's right or not, there's a significant value placed on the intellectual property that winning teams have, and it permeates right through the whole club.

We're lucky to still have that core of experience, Clarkson and his good buddy Dimma are all over it. Of the North recruits, I think that Parker would have the biggest impact on educating the group on how to win.

No one would trade 2 1sts for an F1. Would be ridiculous, way too risky.
He suggested 6, 11, 18 & 24.

6 + 18 is about right for pick 2 (slightly unders for Nth in an unbiased opinion)

That leaves 11 + 23 for a future 1st round pick from Nth Melbourne. Any other year I'd be jumping on that quicker than flies on turd, as I'd be very confident, Nth aren't winning more than 6-7 games next year. Top 5 pick guaranteed. I'm not even a gambler & I'd take that.

6 + 18 is about right for pick 2 (slightly unders for Nth in an unbiased opinion)

That leaves 11 + 23 for a future 1st round pick from Nth Melbourne. Any other year I'd be jumping on that quicker than flies on turd, as I'd be very confident, Nth aren't winning more than 6-7 games next year. Top 5 pick guaranteed. I'm not even a gambler & I'd take that.
Anyway, I rather take pick 6 to the draft this season as I feel paying overs for a pick 2 is not worth it in a even top 10.

Ok, so I'd rather not bother trading picks. I'd rather we just keep what we have however I decided to do a hypothetical.

Would the saints consider trading pick 7 or 8 for dropping a couple of places but adding an extra 1st rounder? Say picks 11 & 20(or 23). I guess it would depend if they have their eyes on any particular player with their current picks.

We could then entertain North's wacky idea of trading pick 2. Offer them picks 7 or 8 & 18. (Instead of 6 & 18)

That would leave us with picks 1, 2, 6, 10, 23 & 24.

Would give us 6 picks instead of 8, but still 4 picks in the top 10.

North still get a high pick plus another 1st rounder
Saints drop a few spots on one of their picks but do pick up an extra 1st rounder in a deeper draft.

It also leaves us with pick 24 if another club wants to trade for it on draft night and pick 23 if a player drops down the order to select.

Last edited:
We need quality & quantity. I’m keeping our picks in an even draft. Just look at the top 25 without academy/father sons. Delicious

There's a reason so many clubs traded out of next year to try and get into this year.
I'm very sceptical of trading into next year's draft.
I'd personally prefer we load up on this draft which is widely touted as a super draft and just take the best kid next year when we inevitably finish last.

West Coast probably suck again next year, I'd much rather their future 1st or Essendon's.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What I would like to see is Gibcus trialled forward and leave Balta back. It's a no brainer. It's his best possie. I reckon we need a key forward currently more than a defender. Balta, Miller, Young are all relatively young. Our forward stocks are all over the shop. Kossie is limited, Ryan seems a way off it. Fawcett unknown. Lefau injured and 27. Baeur we struggle to get on the park. Me personally I just reckon we need to address that more. And now without Bolton, we gotta find another 30 goals this year.
As it is atm we are set for KPD's, Agree that KPF is our greatest need, Armstrong going to Dees at 5 is a concern, if he's there at 6 we take him over Smilie if both are there as it's a desperate need. For Dees not to take Armstrong, both us & Saints need to be dead silent on wanting a tall at 6 & 7.

Frustrated World Cup GIF

Pick 2 future 1st for
6/11/18/23 leaves you
1/2/10/24
2025 your 1st our 1st could be two top 5 picks

Might be the worst trade I've ever seen

Okkkkkkkk

You lost 4 of your top 6 from the 2023 best and fairest

There’s been nowhere enough acknowledgement of our 2024 injuries… here are some stats relating to players who REMAIN on the list in 2025:

Disposals (2024 averages):
#1: TT - missed 8 games
#2: Hopper - missed 11 games
#4 Prestia - missed 10 games
#8 Ross - missed 16 games

Goals:
#1: Lynch - missed 19 games
#3: Lefau - missed 13 games
#6: M Rioli - missed 14 games

Clearances:
#1: TT - missed 8
#3: Prestia - missed 10
#4: Hopper - missed 11

I’m not expecting Prestia or Lynch to remain injury free.

But if we get a half decent run our backline is not a large issue : Balta, Vlastuin, Broad, Gibcus, Miller and Short with some youth supporting should be more than capable.

If Lynch plays and Lefau comes back fit from his ACL that’s at least a couple of capable goal kickers and contested marks.

If our midfield can remain on the park and the elite youngsters impact straight away then we should be blown away in contested ball. And Nank is as good as most rucks.

If injuries hit badly we will romp in the wooden spoon . If we get a decent injury run we will surprise a few, particularly in the second half of the season when we have all of our ACL victims back on the park.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Since hearing we're interested in Bo Allan and having watched his highlights. I'm pretty confident we'd take him at pick 10 or 11 if available, as he seems to be exactly what we need.

An all round classy midfielder with great acceleration, toughness and size.

Analysing a couple of different draft possibilities I'd love us to something like this with our first 4 picks. Draft 4 high end midfield players, and add a couple of talls with our later picks.

Option 1) we hold our picks
1 - Lalor / Jagga
6) - Langford / Smilie
10) - Allan / Travaglia / Lindsay
11) - Allan / Travaglia / Lindsay

Option 2) we move up from 6 to 2
***No way north will accept an offer for 2 that doesn't include 6. Also no way we trade 2 of our top 11 picks. I reckon some combination like 6 and 18 or even somehow get one of GWS teen picks to trade alongside 6.

1) - Lalor / Jagga
2) - Lalor / Jagga
10) - Allan / Travaglia / Lindsay
11) - Allan / Travaglia / Lindsay

On SM-A528B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Would make more sense pairing Lalor and FOS at 1, 2 as both can play midfield and forward so potentially could switch between those roles.

Allan would definitely be an option at 10 or 11 if we miss out on Jagga.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back