List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

What precise time does the draft start & when does R1 normally finish?

Absolute disaster of a scheduling issue with a client gala thing on the same night. And I have to do a speech. Horrendous.
it is possible we could have all the Doozy's read out night 1 & Blair can do a presser at 10:20....pm.

Wouldn't say a total disaster.

Our list needs help all over the place and I'll back our recruiters to get the right players with our picks that best address those needs.

We've got big bodied inside midfielders in Hopper Taranto & McAuliffe but we lack midfielders who can break away from the stoppage and get the ball moving our way.

We've got Balta and Lynch as our proven KPD & KPF, but we don't really have anyone below them that we can be confident about moving forward that can be the next number 1 KPF or support act to Balta. Gibcus is there but after missing 2 seasons with long term injuries there will be some questions about his ability to reach his full potential, should still be a solid player.

Ruck is pretty much Nankervis and that's it. Ryan is a big question mark and OHB & Colina are Cat B rookies for a reason.

Not saying we'll take a ruck at the top of the order or even a KPP, but I don't believe we're as locked in to taking FOS & Lalor as everyone else on the board seems to believe.
what we need is genuine talent quality over quantity
fos and lalor 2 best players in the draft both can go forward and kick goals and take marks
the game is going away from tall forwards and tall defenders they are not as important as they once were
you can get a ruck from anywhere anytime just look at the ghrand final the last 2 years, we should load up on multi positioned players who can have the ability to win a game of footy,,clutch players

Ummm no....
Many are suggesting trades with North that don't involve 6, and i quoted it originally. Which means then next pick we could offer will be after 11/12.
Try and keep up
Keep up?
Thats a bit rich from someone who replied to my post & asks whether I'd be happy for us if we trade pick 1 for 2 picks we already have.

Yeah socials is a joke, seem to think we will be desperate to get pick 2 and willing to trade out most of our top picks for pick 2 and a future 1st rounder in a strong deep draft.

Then like to say we won't take 8 picks in the draft for contracts reasons when they all come out at the same time lol

I'm quick to remind them that we don't exist to make North take all our good picks for pick 2 just because they aren't happy with their draft hand and also we are a large Vic club with a tonne of salary cap so I doubt those kids will look elsewhere.

Maybe we could swap our PSD Pick #1 with their ND Pick #2 Rawlings might be in that seeing as it's the 20th Anniversary for him when he went at #1 in the PSD in 2004 :tearsofjoy:

I’m finding it hard to believe that two very athletic 200cm KP players with great hands and productive seasons fall into the 20’s.
I haven’t watched much of the talls. Don’t know how reliable junior form is with these guys, anyway, but I really want forwards who are physical; Lynch, Treacy types rather than a Max King or a Mitch McGovern who have athletic attributes and are nice players but don’t impose physically. Jack had both, as does Curnow.

I don’t want a guy who leaps over a pack trying to pluck a mark. I want him crashing in; loving the contest.

Hannaford is a full-on competitor, loves to tackle, and is quick. These are the type of players we need to target if we are to play our renowned high pressure game plan including the forward handball game.

He such a tenacious competitor that has alot of Baker in the way he hunts the player and the ball and looks like a perfect player for the modern game . Love this kids tenacity and will to get the ball combined with Berry , FOS & Lalor
look like a fantastic mix

North supporters are so up themselves regarding Pick 2 they think we can't live without it. Bunch of flogs let them pick another midfielder with NO KPF to kick it to. Rinse Repeat
That's the problem. They are convinced that Richmond thinks it has 'too many' first rounders and we will gratefully offload them for whatever ambit claim they may make. However, it's a problem that only exists in their imagination and not rooted in any reality.

Our draft hand is brilliant with or without their pick 2. Some here may want it (albeit I'm not one of them), but very very few will argue that we desperately need it. Personally I think if they want their Tauru they should just bite the bullet and use their pick 2 on him. Or conversely just use it on whoever kid they rate the highest.

Either way if they think they are going to screw us because they can't mentally square who they want to select relative to the actual picks they have available, well that's their problem. We'll be fine either way.

That's the problem. They are convinced that Richmond thinks it has 'too many' first rounders and we will gratefully offload them for whatever ambit claim they may make. However, it's a problem that only exists in their imagination and not rooted in any reality.

Our draft hand is brilliant with or without their pick 2. Some here may want it (albeit I'm not one of them), but very very few will argue that we desperately need it. Personally I think if they want their Tauru they should just bite the bullet and use their pick 2 on him. Or conversely just use it on whoever kid they rate the highest.

Either way if they think they are going to screw us because they can't mentally square who they want to select relative to the actual picks they have available, well that's their problem. We'll be fine either way.
I wouldnt mind taking Tauru at pick #6 what a career comparison that would be going foward

Now the dust has settled, is it dick measuring times? 🤣

I just want to laugh at those of our supporters who said we would get 6 & 13 for Rioli.

FWIW I got all 3 wrong lmao

I thought 23 (26) for Baker, we got 14
I thought 6 & 26 (29) for Rioli 6 & 23 (20)
I thought we would end up with 10 & 18 for Bolton (9 & 16) so to get 10,11 & 18 with the loss of Bolton and 14.

I was close tape measure out 😂 well, i wanted 6&13 for Rioli but thought if not 13 we would get 23. Was always confident we'd get 2 first rounders.
Bolton i said 10&11 so was quite happy with that trade.
Bakes always believed we would be getting a pick between 10-15. So pick 14 was on the mark.

Handyman Measuring GIF by Immofanten

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im big on Lalor and open to trading down for 2; but I’m yet to see a video that stamps FOS as a #1/#2 candidate.

Can someone here who is bullish on him point me to a highlight reel that sells me that this guy is worth 2x 1st rounders?

Combine results suggest he’s got a good tank and speed that doesnt seem to translate to many touches. Good in traffic; but doesn’t seem to have a greatest skills.
No one responded yet? You know why, because there are no single games where FOS has taken it by the balls available. All the FOS fanboys want us to take it on good faith that he’s a gun but with no stats or footage to back it up. Little highlights and supposedly 2023 form. If we trade 2 picks to get #2 for FOS then our recruiting team is insane. For Jagga yes or even 2 or 3 others. I’m not saying we shouldn’t draft him but if you base it on current 2024 form, he would be lucky to picked inside pick 25. I know he’s had injuries etc but he is a very risky early pick.

Im big on Lalor and open to trading down for 2; but I’m yet to see a video that stamps FOS as a #1/#2 candidate.

Can someone here who is bullish on him point me to a highlight reel that sells me that this guy is worth 2x 1st rounders?

Combine results suggest he’s got a good tank and speed that doesnt seem to translate to many touches. Good in traffic; but doesn’t seem to have a greatest skills.
He is incredibly skilled, elite mark for a mid,fast, good tank, tough, but his inability to find the footy in 2024 is the concern

No one responded yet? You know why, because there are no single games where FOS has taken it by the balls available. All the FOS fanboys want us to take it on good faith that he’s a gun but with no stats or footage to back it up. Little highlights and supposedly 2023 form. If we trade 2 picks to get #2 for FOS then our recruiting team is insane. For Jagga yes or even 2 or 3 others. I’m not saying we shouldn’t draft him but if you base it on current 2024 form, he would be lucky to picked inside pick 25. I know he’s had injuries etc but he is a very risky early pick.
I'd take Draper every single time

what we need is genuine talent quality over quantity
fos and lalor 2 best players in the draft both can go forward and kick goals and take marks
the game is going away from tall forwards and tall defenders they are not as important as they once were
you can get a ruck from anywhere anytime just look at the ghrand final the last 2 years, we should load up on multi positioned players who can have the ability to win a game of footy,,clutch players
I'm no doubt going to cop it and possibly even the :tearsofjoy: for this, but I don't believe that they are the clear best 2 in the draft. I also don't believe that the 2 of them together are best fit for us. I like the thought of taking either FOS or Lalor and then either Draper or Smith so that we get a couple of players who compliment each other rather than 2 of the same.

I wouldnt mind taking Tauru at pick #6 what a career comparison that would be going foward
Based on what though?

A month of good footy?

This kid is getting so overrated the last few weeks. I bet tiger_tough 's tiny shriveled let nut he does not go top 10.

Hannaford is a full-on competitor, loves to tackle, and is quick. These are the type of players we need to target if we are to play our renowned high pressure game plan including the forward handball game.

Kicks it twice as far as than Watson.
Hope he gets too us.

I think Lalor is going to be a star but I'm resigned to whoever, I'll back us in.
I'd love Dodson, or Gerreyn. I know they're interstaters, and the risk is putting all this development into a tall who could go home but they're worth the punt given our situation. Especially Dodson. Although I wouldn't mind Cooper Duff-Tytler next year.

I think I'd only be bothered if we go safe across the board, we've got so many picks and would love a few upside swings. Lalor definitely is one though.

Based on what though?

A month of good footy?

This kid is getting so overrated the last few weeks. I bet tiger_tough 's tiny shriveled let nut he does not go top 10.
Could say that for alot of players but his late form and size athletic ability and his projected upside looks the best out of all the players that are considered as KPP.

Also read something last week that he has the ability to also play mid. getting similar vibes to Noah Balta pre draft with Tauru and is now 195cm and a late birthday 16.11.2006 would indicate he still has a lot more growth and development to come.

In this draft Stkilda and Melbourne will not trade the 2 top ten picks they have for pick 2. Maybe Stkilda for 8 or 9 & a future first.
Melbourne they don’t have a future first.
So highly unlikely Stkilda will do that.
If Richmond offer 6, 18 & 23 for pick 2 & a future first take it or leave it. North get 6- Tauru plus two later first round picks ideal for them.
Doubt they will take it but that’s all I would offer for pick 2. This years draft is too good.
Richmond
1- Lalor
2- FOS
10- Armstrong
11- Bo Allan
20- Faull
24- Hanniford

Or
Keep our draft hand and get something like this.
1- Lalor
6- Smith, Armstrong
10- Allan
11- Hotton
18- Whitlock
20- Faull
23- Hanniford
24- next years draft

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad