List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

I think you are forgetting it’s an “even” draft when reading newspaper articles.

Funny isn’t it, that most of those who watch (full matches) want FOS and those who look at stat sheets want Jagga ;)
Rubbish. I watch CTL games and Full champs games and I’d take Jagga before FOS.

I did say to temper your expectations...
Look, Tom Morris isn't overly familiar with the draft and it just sounds like he is throwing a couple of picks out there but for anyone thinking 6 won't be involved needs to quickly get themselves prepared.

It's still likely going to be 6 and 18.

Armstrong at 6 is not a reach. He will go top 10 imo. There would be a few xlubs who could potentially pull the trigger.

Adelaide losing Himmelberg this year and likely Tex next year means they could take Armstrong as future proofing their forward line with Fogarty, Thilthorpe and Armstrong.

Dees to pair him with JVR are the most likely destination.

There's us who need another strong contested marking forward.

And then Saint Kilda have lost Membrey and Armstrong will be an upgrade on Sharman and Caminiti. I'd be shocked if Armstrong slips out of the top 10.
Sharman is a very promising player his back end of the year was excellent caminiti will play back. Saints lost Ross and couch
Jones is a spud they have no pace whatsoever in the midfield they are screaming out for a hotton type much more than they need an armstrong
Melbourne similar to Saints they need more midfield talent armstrong is not what they need

Last edited:
Sherman is a very promising player his back end of the year was excellent caminiti will play back. Saints lost Ross and couch
Jones is a spud they have no pace whatsoever in the midfield they are screaming out for a hotton type much more than they need an armstrong
Melbourne similar to Saints they need more midfield talent armstrong is not what they need
I have no idea if we are keen on him but I imagine Armstrong will be there at 10/11. 7 picks in a row for 3 teams and all 3 of them really need mids.

Someone may trade up though with Saints who probably are willing to split. Who needs a KPF. After us there is Eagles (no), Port (maybe), Freo (no), GWS x 2 (maybe), Dogs (no), Richmond (yes), Sydney (yes)

Could really only see GWS trading up with Saints and they're not exactly desperate, probably want runners to replace Perryman & Cumming.

Haven't watched a ton of Lalor but from watching him I could've been confused for watching an LDU highlights package. They move almost identically.

I get the Dusty stuff, number 4 etc. But I see LDU when I watch him.
Yep a good comp. I think Lalor’s kicks have a bit more penetration, as well as being a bit of a unicorn with the contested marking/marks above his head.

But LDU has more pace, better run and carry

I did say to temper your expectations...
Look, Tom Morris isn't overly familiar with the draft and it just sounds like he is throwing a couple of picks out there but for anyone thinking 6 won't be involved needs to quickly get themselves prepared.

It's still likely going to be 6 and 18.
#6 is the center piece to any trade with North for #2
They are only trading down to get the extra pick whilst getting their guy at #6 either Tauru/Armstrong

What is the extra pick is the only question
my bet would be #18 as anything more would be very much over pay for the talent thats at Pick #2
North are an extremely eager vendor

#6 is the center piece to any trade with North for #2
They are only trading down to get the extra pick whilst getting their guy at #6 either Tauru/Armstrong

What is the extra pick is the only question
my bet would be #18 as anything more would be very much over pay for the talent thats at Pick #2
North are an extremely eager vendor
Depends who their target is. Tauru has only become a top 10 contender off back of North's interest. If they have him reaching 10, then they may prefer 10 & 11 to 6 & 18. Would give them the pick of the small forwards (Hotton, Berry, Hannaford) as well as a KPP as I think the small forwards will get snapped up between 10 & 17 if we hold them both plus Freo, Port, GWS & Dogs. but they'd need to be pretty certain on Tauru (if he is indeed the main target)

6 & 18 is a better trade for us I think. 10 & 11 will be where great value lies.

We have 18, 20, 23 and 24. We are going to be in a position to take one or multiple of those players you mentioned even if we traded out one of 18, 20 or 23.

All we will be doing is upgrading 6 to 2 and losing one of those back of first round picks. We will still have 10 and 11 as well.

I don't think I'll ever understand the resistance of trading up to pick 2. It just feels like backwards logic when we could have full access to the top two draft prospects on our draft board and also the ability to throw out a couple of bids at pick 2 to make sure Brisbane and Gold Coast pay for Ashcroft and Lombard respectively.

We lose one pick but we are still likely taking 7 players with the picks we have remaining.

What am I missing here?
If there is 2 clear cut players you’re right but if the club considers there is nothing between the top 6 or 7 then trading 2 picks for one is unnecessary.

Depends who their target is. Tauru has only become a top 10 contender off back of North's interest. If they have him reaching 10, then they may prefer 10 & 11 to 6 & 18. Would give them the pick of the small forwards (Hotton, Berry, Hannaford) as well as a KPP as I think the small forwards will get snapped up between 10 & 17 if we hold them both plus Freo, Port, GWS & Dogs. but they'd need to be pretty certain on Tauru (if he is indeed the main target)

6 & 18 is a better trade for us I think. 10 & 11 will be where great value lies.
They will go tall either Armstrong or Tauru
Melbourne will take a mid with #5
St Kilda is their main issue with taking the north player

#6 is a must for North imo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s a bloody tough one hey. 6 & 18 feels right for Norf. Reckon we would prefer 10 & 18 but doubt Tarau lasts to 10 so if you believe what they are saying not a lot of point for Norf unless it’s more about getting 2 picks and less about getting Tarau himself.

We really do hold the whip hand though. Saints picks are too high to combine to move up unless Norf are giving back their early pick next year. Same with the Dees. 10 & 18 trumps what GWS can give.

I don’t know. Reckon it’s one that’s going to go down to the wire.

Nice spot to be though for us.

Personally I’d love to pair FOS with Lalor. How we do it though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
we really should be chasing 5, 7, 8 and 9 as well as 2.

North may not be able to get 5 but we might be able, same with 7, 8 and 9

Why be a fukwit
doctor who insult GIF

They will go tall either Armstrong or Tauru
Melbourne will take a mid with #5
St Kilda is their main issue with taking the north player

#6 is a must for North imo
north want a kpp of quality.

so it is who they want in 2024 and blind freddy knows who it is or the chase someone in 2025 or 2026 potentially via another possible trade, or another trade

pick 2 has more value for RFC arguably than future pick one of 2025 because if its Lalor and then FOS there would be arguably team building synergy benefits

SOS as crazy as he is, would never swap 7,8 for 2, that's just bat shit crazy.......even if North give a future back
If SOS has pick 2 at least you know a dud is out of the way.
and Demons aren't swapping 5,9 for 2......... why would they? have already given up their F1
I haven’t looked at it closely, but I’m guessing they could split pick 9 with GWS’s picks in the teens. Use one of those with 5 to move up to 2. Keep the other.

I haven’t looked at the board, but roughly, 9 -> 15 & 16 or 21. Then 5 & 16 for 2.

Same goes for the Saints

if we trade future 1 for 2 or 5 and 9 or a 7 and 8 combo,

if we come last next year, the tanking drums will go away because we had little incentive and others will be death riding us
Not sure I'd be willing to trade our future 1st though. Not with our list in rebuild mode and talk of that Sharp kid in SA being a standout so far.

We could possibly trade up for pick 2. Grab either Lalor, FOS / Smith, then add this Sharp kid next year. 3 gun mids sorted in 2 drafts.

north want a kpp of quality.

so it is who they want in 2024 and blind freddy knows who it is or the chase someone in 2025 or 2026 potentially via another possible trade, or another trade

pick 2 has more value for RFC arguably than future pick one of 2025 because if its Lalor and then FOS there would be arguably team building synergy benefits

How’s Blind Freddy go at the draft camp? Haven’t seen many results

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back