List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

This was what was being offered for 13....

EVERY CLUB’S OFFER FOR PICK 13:

COLLINGWOOD
- John Noble + Future 1st

HAWTHORN - Future 1st + Future 2nd
NORTH MELBOURNE - Future 1st + ?

ST KILDA - Future 1st + Future 2nd

SYDNEY - Pick 19 + 22
North couldnt offer anything more
Cant trade F1 & F2 not allowed
Needs this years 2nd & 3rd for Parker / Daniel trades

So it was #13 on its own

From memory he said on last day of trades, when that was probably the price before Norf gutted their entire draft for Parker and Daniels.

Why would we draft Gerryn and sims at 10/11 when they’ll be there at 20/23/24?
Whether they'll be there at the 20-24 range is anyones guess and history suggests good tall forwards are off the board by then.
I would've thrown Armstrong in there too but think he'll be gone by pick 10.

Sims & Gerreyn are the 2 talls I like but its more about the strategy of get your talls while they're still on the board, why take a chance with our plethora of picks?
While everyone clambering over mids get the talls we want early, there'll still be plenty of options for our later picks.

So it was #13 on its own

As if Kane wouldn’t find a loophole to allow the Roos to trade f1+f2 if they needed to.

Dumb rule anyway, just let every pick be traded.

As if Kane wouldn’t find a loophole to allow the Roos to trade f1+f2 if they needed to.

Dumb rule anyway, just let every pick be traded.
Yeah, why make rules 'to protect teams from themselves' when you just create charity picks out of thin air for incompetent clubs like Norf and Gold Coast?

So it was #13 on its own
The Parker and Daniel trades hadn't been done at the time, anyway it's more about the price that was willing to be paid for pick 13. Clubs are willing to pay overs to get into the first round this year.

If we sell any of our first round picks then it has to be well over 'fair' value.

I'm assuming that North want to split pick 2 and their ideal is 6 & 10, we're not willing to do that trade and I'm not in much doubt that 6 & 23 is the highest we would go. So North have to sweeten the deal and that's where their F1 has come into the picture.

Is it feasible that North would pay their F1 for an upgrade of 23 > 10? Given that teams were willing to offer their F1's and F2's for 13.

So you'd knock back pick 2 this year and a top 4 pick next year. Even if North win 6 or 7 games it leaves them in bottom 4 territory.

I'd say the deal for those picks would be for nothing less than 6,11 18/23.

North's future first is more valuable than any other teams other than maybe west coast but they will be using there 1st for Warner.

The other bottom teams from this year have the potential to make the 8.

Sent from my SM-A156E using Tapatalk
But next years draft is heavily compromised and at this early stage, nowhere near as strong. As Twomey said on Gettable, 2025 1st rounders are not worth anywhere near their value in this draft.

Herbyliscious has a great theory on the F1 north pick.

What if we are obtaining F1 picks (along with our own) to make a play for Harley Reid?

I assume he comes out of contract next year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lots of requests recently for more vision of Sam Lalor. Given his injury restricted 2024 season we have to go back to 2023 when he was a bottom ager. Here we see him putting in a remarkably powerful game as an inside midfielder given he's a year younger than most of his opponents, bulldozing through stoppage or crunching in with tackling pressure. He found plenty of the footy, but was uncharacteristically a bit variable with his disposal.

His disposal is generally fine, when he kicks a drop punt it doesn't spiral like Taranto's

I saw a couple of his rally's recently ..by this time next year he'll be sitting in a nappy full of his own crap in a high care nursing home ...his cognitive decline is very evident
Oh you of little faith.
What other medical conditions
Can you diagnose from watching a video?? Should change your user name
To doctor Gregory house

So you'd knock back pick 2 this year and a top 4 pick next year. Even if North win 6 or 7 games it leaves them in bottom 4 territory.

I'd say the deal for those picks would be for nothing less than 6,11 18/23.

North's future first is more valuable than any other teams other than maybe west coast but they will be using there 1st for Warner.

The other bottom teams from this year have the potential to make the 8.

Sent from my SM-A156E using Tapatalk
I'd rather take a chance on the Bombers F1 pick than Norths.
The bombers are 1 key injury away from a world of hurt IMO.

Yep, didn’t think of it that way but even now, 18 for their F1 in a weaker draft. Would need to really think about it as we could still get a very very good player at 18

Norf 100% a top 10 pick next year, cast your mind back 12 months, this draft wasnt considered great. Also give me a top 10 pick over pick 18 any day.

Rather give up 23.

Well I for one am mind blown.

Herbyliscious has a great theory on the F1 north pick.

What if we are obtaining F1 picks (along with our own) to make a play for Harley Reid?

I assume he comes out of contract next year?

Maybe just pickup Bo Allan with pick 10/11 to send back that way aswell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'd do that deal every day of the week. 6 and 18 for 2 is fine. 24 for an all but guaranteed top 6 pick? no dramas.
Its a good deal on face value sure, but id rather use more picks this year.

Yes to the Whitlocks, no to the reach, no to Hynes unless we slide a pick and he's there in the 30s.
I wouldn’t personally reach for either. but if the clubs wants to pair them up, stranger things have happened.

Hynes is a gun. Quality medium forward that can legit go into the mid and impact. Is a taller, stronger, higher footy IQ, that can also play midfield version of Cumberland. Very competitive and will be a fan favourite. Has a high ceiling for AFL footy.
If he gets out of the first round it would be a lucky get.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back