List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep saw that. They torched multiple drafts lmao outside of 1 top pick which we will have each year.
Reckon they were in a position where they picked more for needs than best available though. Dat not us, I hope.

Ps. Muddiemoose , aint that campaigner a real piece of work ay.

6 + 18 is around Pick 2.

That's what we will offer at best. Though if we can hold onto 6, then that would be even better. Don't like our chances though which makes our play for Pick 2 50/50.
Reckon it will be 6 +11
For 2 and future 2nd round pick

Todays Morro post

The draft should first be done behind closed doors with just the teams involved (players aren’t notified) and televised afterwards in reverse order counting down to pick 1
Reckon it should be live at the mcg full of tigers supporters
First pick Richmond ' they call out 7 different names. Who's ever name gets the loudest cheer. We take at pick 1
So on and so on

Can only play 1 position
Doesn't kick enough goals
Low personal hurt factor
Small stature and frame

I think he can play as a small forward/hff. He was really good there in futures game.

But yeah limited physical presence in the midfield is my biggest problem. He’ll be an excellent midfielder and he’s tough but Lalor and FOS will lay big Cotchin tackles or bumps or burst through a player like Dusty (fos won’t do this but Lalor can), I don’t see, at least the bumps and bursting through players parts, in jaggas future.

It’s crazy to me WCE didn’t want him at 3, pairing him with Harley is amazing. I’d be happy with him and Lalor, less FOS but still happy, as with Harley they cover his weaknesses.

both FOS and Lalor cover enough of jagga’s (**** I’m starting to hate his name as it constantly autocorrects to Jaffa) absolute strength of ball winning but offer more in other areas where smith isn’t proficient I.e. marking, long kicking and defensive pressure/tackling.

How do people rank these players?

Shanahan
Armstrong
J. Whitlock
Faull
Gerreyn
Sims
Armstrong
J.Whitlock
Faull
Gerreyn
Sims
Shanahan

Pick 7-9.

Wowsers I wish lol

3 wins
4 wins
2 wins
3 wins
3 wins

And we are pencilled in to quadruple our wins in 2025!!!!!!!

Glory be. The dark times have ended.
You want to hope they are! Another year into your cache of top kids, plus you're bringing in three premiership players. You should have won six games this year, can easily see you winning 8+ next year.

Regardless, the top end of next year's shallower draft is filled with academy kids. 2025 picks are worth half of what 2024 picks are, as we can see by the trades done. You might get one of GWS' teens picks for your F1, no chance of two. Maybe 16 and 37 - 37 is a decent pick in this draft.

As for pick 2, you will rightly want two good picks for it. We are far and away your best option. No one is going to give you a pick earlier than 6. At 6 you can get Tauru. So then it's what we give you with 6, which will be 18, 20, 23 or 24.

The only way I see anything different is if you're also wedded to Trainor and insist on 6 & 11. In which case we might do 6, 11 and our F2 for 2 and your F1, something like that.

We just need to hold our ground and North will cave. They're so desperate to offload pick 2 as the last thing they need is another gun mid and keep hearing they want Tauru.
The only problem with that is Tauru will likely by gone by 11 so they'd just hold 2 and take him there, or try to trade with St Kilda (Saints unlikely to be keen IMO).

Yeah. 18 for 25 & F1 stuff
Then 25 for 35 and F1. And so on.

I don't want us trading up for Norths pick 2. Keep 1, 6 10, 18, 20, 23 & 24.

I would offer North pick 11 for their 2025 R1. That is definitely going to be top 10 and possibly top 5.

Gives us 2 x R1 picks next year. If we finish last we get pick 1 again, but Norths pick and a future R1 pick could be used to go after Cadman as a long term Lynch replacement.

With 1, 6 10, 18, 20, 23 & 24 we can address midfield class with the first 3 picks and KPP/Ruck depth with the last 4.

1. Lalor/FOS
6 & 10. 2 of Jagga/Draper/Langford/Smille/Reid/Lindsay/Travaglia/Allan
18, 20, 23 & 24 2-4 of Trainor/Shanahan/Whitlocks/Dodson/Faull

If we can't get all 4 of those talls, take as many as we can and if possible trade into 2025 R1 again
Horrendous.

North won’t drop under 6 for 2
6/11 I think will get done I know you don’t want to but it’s a fair deal
Leaves you with 1/2/10/18/20/23/24
You will probably only use 4 picks them trade other 3 for future 1st rounders
Then you will have 4 first rounders next year aswell
We will use at least 6 picks in this draft and will have at least 3 R1s next year.

6 and 11 might get it done if you had pick 25 to give back, and/or another option other than us. Think it'll be 6 and one of 18, 20, 23 or 24.

Also speaking about Lalor I think he comes to our club if we go the 6 to 13 instead of 2. Best trade picks in this draft. I think both of our clubs should accept that this is way more exciting than the actual season 🤣🤣
Lalor is not getting to pick 3, let alone pick 6.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I posted this in the trade and free agency thread. This is just my opinion.

We need to get the top 2 players on our board for this rebuild, as long as we aren't giving up more than 6 & 18. Yes the extra player would be handy but id rather pick 2 over 6.

Best #2 picks -
will ashcroft, noah anderson, andrew brayshaw,Cotchin, Josh Kelly, Petracca, Cognilio, Naitanui, Roughead, Ball, wells, walker, ottens, nigel lappin
vs
Pick 6
Jack Macrae, Wingard, Conca, Gary Rohan, Ben King, Yarran, no point naming the rest.

Theres a clear difference for mine. GET PICK 2

I posted this in the trade and free agency thread. This is just my opinion.

We need to get the top 2 players on our board for this rebuild, as long as we aren't giving up more than 6 & 18. Yes the extra player would be handy but id rather pick 2 over 6.

Best #2 picks -
will ashcroft, noah anderson, andrew brayshaw,Cotchin, Josh Kelly, Petracca, Cognilio, Naitanui, Roughead, Ball, wells, walker, ottens, nigel lappin
vs
Pick 6
Jack Macrae, Wingard, Conca, Gary Rohan, Ben King, Yarran, no point naming the rest.

Theres a clear difference for mine. GET PICK 2
But it’ll be pick 7. Start again

How on earth do we only get an A-?
The same as clubs like Collingwood, Collingwood & Hawks

Yeah, but what about Collingwood? :think:

It was good listening to Blair, spoke well
Vid goes for 7 mins.

Looked like he was really struggling to get through it. Did an incredible job considering the circumstances.

Gonna start edging again....

the more I watch fos the less I like him. Jagga and Lalor at 1 and 2 ftw
I’m with you. His low possession rate does not scream midfielder. He rates as a HFF occasional mid.

Armstrong
J.Whitlock
Faull
Gerreyn
Sims
Shanahan

You want to hope they are! Another year into your cache of top kids, plus you're bringing in three premiership players. You should have won six games this year, can easily see you winning 8+ next year.

Regardless, the top end of next year's shallower draft is filled with academy kids. 2025 picks are worth half of what 2024 picks are, as we can see by the trades done. You might get one of GWS' teens picks for your F1, no chance of two. Maybe 16 and 37 - 37 is a decent pick in this draft.

As for pick 2, you will rightly want two good picks for it. We are far and away your best option. No one is going to give you a pick earlier than 6. At 6 you can get Tauru. So then it's what we give you with 6, which will be 18, 20, 23 or 24.

The only way I see anything different is if you're also wedded to Trainor and insist on 6 & 11. In which case we might do 6, 11 and our F2 for 2 and your F1, something like that.

The only problem with that is Tauru will likely by gone by 11 so they'd just hold 2 and take him there, or try to trade with St Kilda (Saints unlikely to be keen IMO).

Then 25 for 35 and F1. And so on.

Horrendous.

We will use at least 6 picks in this draft and will have at least 3 R1s next year.

6 and 11 might get it done if you had pick 25 to give back, and/or another option other than us. Think it'll be 6 and one of 18, 20, 23 or 24.

Lalor is not getting to pick 3, let alone pick 6.

So, what are you prepared to give up for pick 2 then? 6 & 18?

North won’t drop under 6 for 2
6/11 I think will get done I know you don’t want to but it’s a fair deal
Leaves you with 1/2/10/18/20/23/24
You will probably only use 4 picks them trade other 3 for future 1st rounders
Then you will have 4 first rounders next year aswell
Would be a very poor deal for us to move up 4 spots and give away pick 11. That offer would be shut down extremely quickly and we’d probably move our attention to dealing with Adelaide if we wanted another pick inside the top 6.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back