List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

We are in such a good position draft wise I am torn between trading up and keeping what we have. 2025 will most likely see us finish bottom again. Whilst we don’t like it….its reality but to pair either a Lalor,smith, Fos, Langford , Draper ,Smilie, Reid or combination of both with a Dyson Sharp who is projecting to go number 1 2025 jeez that’s sets you up for the next 10 years midfield.. Get your spine right with the best kids and bring in some talent with the money saved from the cap and bingo another 3 premierships. I’m actually really exited and applaud what RFC have done to be in this spot. I’ll trust their judgment on what they do 🙏👍

Norf have won 15 games in 5 seasons, finished 2nd last (again), and decided to throw all their picks away for old players who only played this year as injury cover, in a draft that has recruiters from all teams jizzing their pants.

You can draft another mid at 2 but the entire industry knows you want Tauru (I personally don’t blame you he has special traits), so if you can get him at 6 and pick up a free late first I’m sure you will.

And I know this trade includes your F1, but you’ve been out front of trade week practically trying to give it away, again this is a special draft so most teams want in not out. Maybe you can convince GWS to give up 15 or 16 but sounds like they want to move up, which leaves you trying to buy into the first round where nobody wants to sell.

You have zero picks, you’ve telegraphed the one pick you do have and will overpay or slide and you’re trying buy into a draft that nobody really wants to sell out of. So don’t think for a second you hold the whip hand in a trade with us. Blair won’t rip you off and you can always say no and take Tauru at 2 but you can stop dreaming of a kings ransom in picks from us.

That’s mostly true to an extent.

But we’ll
Happily add the second best player in the draft, or is the best player in an even draft?

We are trying desperately to pump our wins in 2025. But we don’t need to panic with KPP some de to think

Corr 29
Logue 26
Comben 22

Developing - Dawson (18 until Dec, 203cm, already debuted Man mountain KPP/second ruck

Depth Dawson and Pink

Second key position forward is certainly a need. And maybe we trade down to get one. But it’s not crisis station yet

Larkey 26
Darling 32
Teakle 25 ave

Depth CCJ, Maley,

So remember how it’s a super draft? That goes both ways. Nick larkey was pick 70 odd. Whose to say we can’t pick a long term gun with out pick 60 odd that will turn into 50 odd when the bid comes in.

Mraz, simms, about 3 SA key forwards, the sandy dragon kid that won the draft camp, etc all potentially available at pick 50ish.

What is fun to think about is giving the comp the middle finger and drafting best avail mid at 2

FOS/Smith/Draper
To
LDU
Wardlaw
Sheezel
Kerch
Powell

Note Langford is actually my personal fav. I think he’d fit in well at the Roos, playing half back due to his long kicking, high metres gained, running bounce, intercept marking abilities. Longer term he’ll be dangerous forward, mid and wing.

That’s all assuming absolutely no one bites off our hand for pick 3/4 2025. Come draft night I’ll be shocked if no one from pick 9 onwards doesn’t want a top 3 pick next year.

But the tiger supporters have made clear that no one will want pick 3 2025 so I guess that’s moot

But we’ll
Happily add the second best player in the draft, or is the best player in an even draft?

We are trying desperately to pump our wins in 2025. But we don’t need to panic with KPP some de to think

Corr 29
Logue 26
Comben 22

Developing - Dawson (18 until Dec, 203cm, already debuted Man mountain KPP/second ruck

Depth Dawson and Pink

Second key position forward is certainly a need. And maybe we trade down to get one. But it’s not crisis station yet

Larkey 26
Darling 32
Teakle 25 ave

Depth CCJ, Maley,

So remember how it’s a super draft? That goes both ways. Nick larkey was pick 70 odd. Whose to say we can’t pick a long term gun with out pick 60 odd that will turn into 50 odd when the bid comes in.

Mraz, simms, about 3 SA key forwards, the sandy dragon kid that won the draft camp, etc all potentially available at pick 50ish.

What is fun to think about is giving the comp the middle finger and drafting best avail mid at 2

FOS/Smith/Draper
To
LDU
Wardlaw
Sheezel
Kerch
Powell

Note Langford is actually my personal fav. I think he’d fit in well at the Roos, playing half back due to his long kicking, high metres gained, running bounce, intercept marking abilities. Longer term he’ll be dangerous forward, mid and wing.

That’s all assuming absolutely no one bites off our hand for pick 3/4 2025. Come draft night I’ll be shocked if no one from pick 9 onwards doesn’t want a top 3 pick next year.

But the tiger supporters have made clear that no one will want pick 3 2025 so I guess that’s moot
Cheers. I think we trade back, multiple times, over trading out but for the exercise, if you are offering your F1, what is the latest 2024 pick for which you do that deal (and yes I know that’s tricky because we don’t know who’s taken when)

I would have absolutely no issue with taking the best mid at #1 and Alix Tauru with #6
or trading #6 to GWS for their #15 , #16 , #21 then further trading these picks into 2025 F1's

There will be teams knocking the door down to get into the draft with their future picks
North were happy to trade F1 just to get #13

Richmond are in an amazing position and blair proved last year how he can milk teams for multiple picks and this year he has more to play with and a bigger market to do this.

Blair will ask Brady if he wants lube or prefers dry

Happy with smilie at 6 if thats what pans out, dudes a beast and extremely creative by hand and foot, especially for his size. knows how to perfectly weight his kicks. Watching this one you can see a Tom Green beast mode contested player but way more damaging with disposal and decision making.

Yeah I don’t know what the negativity is about him. It’s so even across the board with the midfielders in this draft I watched Reid and gee he looked ok too. So do you get 2 midfielders this draft at 1,2 or hope one falls to 6 and go KPP with the rest ??

I remember watching 2017 and saying to my mates who support other clubs…. Geee we have turned from the hunted to the hunters and created chaos ball…it worked until the CFL stepped in and changed the bloody rules….Blair knew it and set us up where we are now. Short term pain for long term gain. We are in a great spot envious of other clubs before tassie comes in.

Richmond Juniors Captain
Scotch Captain
Oakleigh Chargers Captain
Vic Metro Captain
Coates team of the year Captain
All Australian U18 Team Captain

Seems to be a pattern here
the wrong pattern.

i look for other stats frankly.

he simply could be a good politician or connected

Agree.
Low risk.
Captain material and ball magnet.
Imagine for once in living memory us regularly getting first use of the ball.
Think about who you would want for the future Cotchin or Martin?
With Jagga you are getting a Cotchin . With Lalor or FOS you are getting the potential for a a high impact mid forward. We can’t afford to put the cart before the horse.
Can’t see any benefit in trading with North for #2
If we take Jagga we may still get Lalor or Langford at 6.
If not take Armstrong.
i agree jagga, and langford at 6

i still think smillie is a gun but not willing to die on that hill

But we’ll

Corr 29
Logue 26
Comben 22

Depth Dawson and Pink

Larkey 26
Darling 32
Teakle 25 ave

Depth CCJ, Maley,

FOS/Smith/Draper
To
LDU
Wardlaw
Sheezel
Kerch
Powell

And all this depth and amazing mid to late career KPP have taken Norf to checks notes 2nd bottom.

Look I’m not trying to be a campaigner here but there is an obvious hollow spot in your list of anyone over 194cm and younger than 26. I dont watch you enough to really comment other than I know CCJ is a dud. Maybe Dawson is good, I don’t know, but most of your KPP stock looks like it’s going to be 26+ next year, you are what you are by this stage.

If you want to add a mid it’s your pick to do with as you please, as I said previously. I just don’t see a world where our teams trade without us being in the better bargaining position.

FWIW I’d take Tauru at 6, I think he has special traits for a KPP.

I’d have personally also traded 6 and 10 for FOS when I thought my saints might do 7&8. I really hope we do trade for 2 but I think 18 is the most likely outcome.

The problem is we have 6 of those picks from 9 onwards and Geelong, Essendon, Collingwood, Gold Coast (after Lombard pick) and maybe Adelaide (who have the same gaping hole you do in their picks) are likely all competing to get back into the draft.

Then who are your other potential sellers? Maybe Freo say **** it if we have norfs f1 for Warner. Otherwise GWS?

WCE won’t sell, I doubt port do? I guess maybe Sydney at 19… but how low are you willing to sell your f1 for?

Cheers. I think we trade back, multiple times, over trading out but for the exercise, if you are offering your F1, what is the latest 2024 pick for which you do that deal (and yes I know that’s tricky because we don’t know who’s taken when)

Well you said we tried for 13. I’m not sure it was just that, maybe additional balancing picks.

But end of the day I’d have the list of players we rate and offer our first to teams as they pick. Im not sure how they rate the talls but there are heaps so many options

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And all this depth and amazing mid to late career KPP have taken Norf to checks notes 2nd bottom.

Look I’m not trying to be a campaigner here but there is an obvious hollow spot in your list of anyone over 194cm and younger than 26. I dont watch you enough to really comment other than I know CCJ is a dud. Maybe Dawson is good, I don’t know, but most of your KPP stock looks like it’s going to be 26+ next year, you are what you are by this stage.

If you want to add a mid it’s your pick to do with as you please, as I said previously. I just don’t see a world where our teams trade without us being in the better bargaining position.

FWIW I’d take Tauru at 6, I think he has special traits for a KPP.

I’d have personally also traded 6 and 10 for FOS when I thought my saints might do 7&8. I really hope we do trade for 2 but I think 18 is the most likely outcome.

The problem is we have 6 of those picks from 9 onwards and Geelong, Essendon, Collingwood, Gold Coast (after Lombard pick) and maybe Adelaide (who have the same gaping hole you do in their picks) are likely all competing to get back into the draft.

Then who are your other potential sellers? Maybe Freo say **** it if we have norfs f1 for Warner. Otherwise GWS?

WCE won’t sell, I doubt port do? I guess maybe Sydney at 19… but how low are you willing to sell your f1 for?

I wouldn’t have thought young key position players are what determine your ladder position.

From about rounds 15-20 (some 5 week period of the season) norths defence was rated best in the comp. Im actually pretty happy with comben, Logue and corr.

Corr kept Harry McKay to 1 goal, both kings to a combined 1 goal etc. Logue played 1.5 games and looked like his knee was fine, and comben played his first year ever of KPD and was one of the best intercept marks in the comp.

I also think Comben might start switching back to forward depending on how the games going and matchups.

we need to defend the ground better as a team. But those 3 kpd should hold up assuming they can all stay on the park.

KPF is clearly the area we would look to first. Assuming Tarau and Armstrong are gone, our F1 would probably only be earmarked for Shanahan or maybe a Whitlock. I’d be interested in GWS 16 and 18 for F1.

Freo as you said a possibility especially with Warner

All of the above is probably silly though. Chances are that north have either pick 2 or 3 next year. We could win 8 games, pat ourselves on the back and still pick at 3.

That’s probably Archie ludowyke assuming the tigers don’t pick him when they inevitably win their next spoon.

Last edited:
Agree.
Low risk.
Captain material and ball magnet.
Imagine for once in living memory us regularly getting first use of the ball.
Think about who you would want for the future Cotchin or Martin?
With Jagga you are getting a Cotchin . With Lalor or FOS you are getting the potential for a a high impact mid forward. We can’t afford to put the cart before the horse.
Can’t see any benefit in trading with North for #2
If we take Jagga we may still get Lalor or Langford at 6.
If not take Armstrong.
Yeah 100% agree. I don't get it really. We have been crying out for an out and out accumulating ball magnet. Reminds me of Daicos, very clean.
Jagga @ 1 as I also feel clubs would be reluctant on Lalor and he could slide. Armstrong would be a dream pick at 10 (12) but won't get passed 8.

Apologies if this has already been posted. If you cant be bothered watching the whole 15 min video here's Dylan's top 15

View attachment 2147148

Part 2 video 12 mins. The next best 15. Highly doubt Armstrong is on the board at 17.

View attachment 2147149

Armstrong probably isn't as talented as many of the mids, but so many teams like us are desperate for quality KPF.
When discussing his selections he says they're based on talent alone and who he'd select as next cab off the rank, not projected draft positions. Cadman's own Dad said he was shocked he was taken at pick 1 as he's not that good. From memory he wasn't even a guaranteed 1st round pick a few months out from the draft but GWS had a desperate need to replace Cameron so they pounced before anyone else could.

It's crazy how Smillie can kill it majority of the year, then ease off slightly and get shunted up fwd for Vic Metro due to mid depth so his rating drops. Yet Hotton has remained 10 - 12 all year without playing. For mine a knee reco at 17 is a massive worry and gamble that should push them out of 1st round calculations. Look at Judson he's now had 2 knee recos at 20. Not many players bounce back after a 3rd. Same as Trainor for mine he should be pushed back to 25 - 30 minimum as he's 2 concussions away from being Paddy McCartin.

Yep, that's the fun in it. When do you take the punt?
Was best on in his two games for Hailebury this year.

28 and 0.3 in RD1 of the CTL
32 AND 4 goals in RD2 of the CTL.

2.882 20m
93cm running vertical jump
7.807 agility.
ELITE

18's worth the punt in my book. We're best positioned for a flier

ACL scares me but you’ve sold me on his combine numbers.

Happy with smilie at 6 if thats what pans out, dudes a beast and extremely creative by hand and foot, especially for his size. knows how to perfectly weight his kicks. Watching this one you can see a Tom Green beast mode contested player but way more damaging with disposal and decision making.

Yep. I’m sold on keeping 1 and 6. Didn’t realise how good Smilie was. I understand this is a highlights package, but seems a fantastic kick, good ball handling, sharp hands and obviously strength.

Back the recruiters in to get the Lalor/FOS choice at one right and pair them with any of Smilie / Langford / Jagga and we’re golden IMO. A mix of Lindsay / Reid / Hotton with 10 & 11 and that’s our midfield rebuild kickstarted nicely. Reckon all of those names would be capable to play senior footy in 2025 too

Norf have won 15 games in 5 seasons, finished 2nd last (again), and decided to throw all their picks away for old players who only played this year as injury cover, in a draft that has recruiters from all teams jizzing their pants.

You can draft another mid at 2 but the entire industry knows you want Tauru (I personally don’t blame you he has special traits), so if you can get him at 6 and pick up a free late first I’m sure you will.

And I know this trade includes your F1, but you’ve been out front of trade week practically trying to give it away, again this is a special draft so most teams want in not out. Maybe you can convince GWS to give up 15 or 16 but sounds like they want to move up, which leaves you trying to buy into the first round where nobody wants to sell.

You have zero picks, you’ve telegraphed the one pick you do have and will overpay or slide and you’re trying buy into a draft that nobody really wants to sell out of. So don’t think for a second you hold the whip hand in a trade with us. Blair won’t rip you off and you can always say no and take Tauru at 2 but you can stop dreaming of a kings ransom in picks from us.
Could not have said it any better. We absolutely hold the whip hand, as they have pick 2 then daylight in the best draft in a long time and in my opinion, a pretty ordinary List Manager

Last edited:
just don't get the trading out to next year or back.
we need A plus talent, we have the opportunity to get that.
I get 2 to 6 and get the best 2 mids but personally I want to use or picks.
Its a great Draft!! use our picks, Don't give them to another team we are on the quick rebuild.
Next years draft is no were near this one from all accounts.
we will never get this opportunity again.
Just my opinion.

i agree jagga, and langford at 6

i still think smillie is a gun but not willing to die on that hill
Yeah agree on Smilie. Richmond love recruiting 180cm 65kg development players. We couldn't use a 195ck mid bull. It's not in our recruiting DNA unfortunately.

Yeah agree on Smilie. Richmond love recruiting 180cm 65kg development players. We couldn't use a 195ck mid bull. It's not in our recruiting DNA unfortunately.

Hopefully with the plethora of quality draft selections (not another RCD) Richmond goes someway to address that failing.

Hopefully with the plethora of draft selections Richmond goes someway to address that failing.
Pick one will be pick one (if you know what I mean), but, if Smilie and Armstrong are there with the next two picks, I'll possibly flip out if we overlook them. They address two needs. Massive bull mid and classy forward. But, I know, what I want and what I'll get. Two different things.

Pick one will be pick one (if you know what I mean), but, if Smilie and Armstrong are there with the next two picks, I'll possibly flip out if we overlook them. They address two needs. Massive bull mid and classy forward. But, I know, what I want and what I'll get. Two different things.
Richmond in this draft have access to quality/high-end picks, you can only pick what you have access to and to be truthful I cannot foresee speculative/development players being selected (e.g. Riley Collier-Dawkins).

Richmond in this draft have access to quality/high-end picks, you can only pick what you have access to and to be truthful I cannot foresee speculative/development players being selected.
Yeah, this time we just need to do the obvious. We got needs, there's players who will directly assist those needs. Our forward line is centred around a bloke who hasn't played effectively for 2 years. At some stage you'd reckon we need to address that over a skinny flankers type for example.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back