List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, this time we just need to do the obvious. We got needs, there's players who will directly assist those needs. Our forward line is centred around a bloke who hasn't played effectively for 2 years. At some stage you'd reckon we need to address that over a skinny flankers type for example.
While Balta best position is in the backline, does Richmond take another key back (replace Miller eventually) and pick a Key Forward in the 2025 draft and use Balta as a stop gap Ruck/Forward next year?

While Balta best position is in the backline, does Richmond take another key back (replace Miller eventually) and pick a Key Forward in the 2025 draft and use Balta as a stop gap Ruck/Forward next year?
What I would like to see is Gibcus trialled forward and leave Balta back. It's a no brainer. It's his best possie. I reckon we need a key forward currently more than a defender. Balta, Miller, Young are all relatively young. Our forward stocks are all over the shop. Kossie is limited, Ryan seems a way off it. Fawcett unknown. Lefau injured and 27. Baeur we struggle to get on the park. Me personally I just reckon we need to address that more. And now without Bolton, we gotta find another 30 goals this year.

Totally agree Balta's best position is back and our backline functions much better when he is back. The one I would like to see tried as the big key forward is Blight. The kids has great judgement and can mark really well when he gets to play on his terms in the VFL. Playing forward at AFL may suit him better. I don't know if you could play him alongside Lynch but if Lynch wasn't playing then Blight should be the player moved forward.

What are people's expectations for the new midfield draftees (e.g. how many games / do you expect any to start Rnd 1)?
Will just depend how well they can play as a forward or behind the ball imo

Don’t think any will get any significant midfield minutes in the first year apart from the odd cameo

It would probably be counter intuitive to play them all in the same side as well

I think 10 games will be a realistic expectation depending on the player

We have a few guys who should probably get a crack first as well like Kmac2 and even Sonsie potentially

Would 2 be 3? Or would it be 3 if Norf keep it and 2 if we do. What a conundrum 🤯
It'll be pick 3 which means should be similar to what Carlton gave up for the previous 3 (12 &14).

Given our picks 10&11 will be 13&14 (Ashcroft, Lombard, Kako bids) that feels right.

Pick 2 for 10&11.

If they're insistent on pick 6, then I'd be hoping it's 2 for 6&20- wouldn't give them 18 as they'll go tall again and likely pick a player we want at our next pick.

1,2,6,18,20,23,24 -then trade back/out pick 23 and/or24 for a future 1st and something late in this draft for Davidson

Take 5-6 kids + Davidson
Get at least 1-2 future firsts next year

Given our picks 10&11 will be 13&14 (Ashcroft, Lombard, Kako bids) that feels right.

Richmond can bid on the FS/Academy players, but in actuality they do not have access to them:
  • Ashcroft (won't bid as part of the pick swap)
  • Lombard (won't bid as part of the Rioli deal - provided junk picks)
  • Kako (Essendon have enough junk picks)
Do the picks slide back or retain their value to acquire the talent that is available?

It'll be pick 3 which means should be similar to what Carlton gave up for the previous 3 (12 &14).

Pick 2 for 10&11.

If they're insistent on pick 6, then I'd be hoping it's 2 for 6&20- wouldn't give them 18 as they'll go tall again and likely pick a player we want at our next pick.

1,2,6,18,20,23,24 -then trade back/out pick 23 and/or24 for a future 1st and something late in this draft for Davidson

Take 5-6 kids + Davidson
Get at least 1-2 future firsts next year

Pick 10 or 11 could potentially have more value again with WC at 12 and Freo 14 if Allen is still available.

What’s it worth for Freo to jump WC?

So many scenarios to play out.

Blair will be busy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the wrong pattern.

i look for other stats frankly.

he simply could be a good politician or connected

Or you know he could like show leadership qualities which have helped him become captain in all these sides.

Fair dinkum what a ridiculous statement.

Whether he’s the right pick or not is here nor there but you can’t deny he isn’t future captain material when he’s entrusted with captaincy at basically every step he’s been at

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What are people's expectations for the new midfield draftees (e.g. how many games / do you expect any to start Rnd 1)?
It’s a concern for me because we still have the likes of Prestia, hopper, Taranto, Ross.

Surely hopper gets booted to a flank and Prestia to rotate to wing. We need them for their experience and leadership, but we can’t let the draftees rot whilst these guys dominated centre bounces. Not too mention they’re all incredibly slow

the wrong pattern.

i look for other stats frankly.

he simply could be a good politician or connected
If it hadn't already happened, you have now completely lost the plot.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back