List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

If you can watch the last quarter of national championship final. There’s a reason why Smillie was the most influential kid on the ground in the last quarter and was in the guts at every stoppage in the last 10 mins. He was also carrying a niggling injury for the whole champs which slowed his 4 quarter production.
Is an absolute bull and will be a huge steal if he falls to pick 6.

195cm mids who has his combination of kicking ability, agility and clearance work do not grow on trees. Just about the most exciting player in this draft pool.
Just had a look at his highlights video. No.need to trade from 6 to 2
Take him if he is still there.
2 of
Lalor, FOS, Smith, Langford, Draper, Smillie is a great start to our draft haul.

Of course you don’t draft on current output!!

It’s about looking ahead. Not waiting till even Dodoro notices your best VFL players and nicks them!

And yes I’m sure the Richmond management would LOVE to move on, how inconvenient that Davidson MVPeed and really shoved that no-call into the limelight, lol
Don’t worry pal, the sun will come up tomorrow, it isn’t the end of the world !

View attachment 2148498

Eagle's fan still salty about having to trade down to get Baker
I strongly agree with the sentiment though. Anyone expecting a rapid rise up the ladder is going to be sorely disappointed. We're bottom 4 for the next 3-4 years. It will get worse before it will get better.

Most of our draftees will receive a chorus of "dud/delist" comments (not tongue in cheek) at some point in the next two years. We'll know by the end of 2028 if we nailed this draft or not.

I strongly agree with the sentiment though. Anyone expecting a rapid rise up the ladder is going to be sorely disappointed. We're bottom 4 for the next 3-4 years. It will get worse before it will get better.

Most of our draftees will receive a chorus of "dud/delist" comments (not tongue in cheek) at some point in the next two years. We'll know by the end of 2028 if we nailed this draft or not.
Yes, no doubt Richmond will struggle for 2 years getting games into the draftees. West Coast are nowhere challenging for the finals. At least we are doing a proper rebuild.

Last edited:
what we need is genuine talent quality over quantity
fos and lalor 2 best players in the draft both can go forward and kick goals and take marks
the game is going away from tall forwards and tall defenders they are not as important as they once were
you can get a ruck from anywhere anytime just look at the ghrand final the last 2 years, we should load up on multi positioned players who can have the ability to win a game of footy,,clutch players
I agree. I don't think we will take all 8 picks as thats probably too many. I'd say 6 max. And we may either trade into next year or look to try and trade up our later picks. instead of going for pick 2 maybe look to trade 18,20,23,24 into the early teens if possible. Try and get quality in rather than quantity. take 1,6,10,11 and 2 other picks between 11 & 18.

I was one person who wanted to see it. However, you just confirmed we shouldn’t touch him in the first two picks. You had to go back to 2023 to show he had 17 kicks and 8 handballs. The guy doesn’t get enough of the ball.
FOS had 29 disposals
16 kicks
13 handballs
9 marks
5 tackles
Don’t think I confirmed anything, except he has talent. Recruiters will decide what he’s worth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1 Jagga(Tigers
2 Ashcroft (lions
3 Langford (Kangas)
4 FOS (Carlton)
5 Draper (crows)
6 Lalor (Melbourne)
7 Smillie (Tigers)
8 Lombard (GCS)
9 Reid (saints)
10 Trainor (saints)
11 Armstrong (melbourne)
12 Bo Allen Richmond
13 Toby Travagila Richmond

thats how i see it going
Where is this push for Bo Allen coming from? He did heck all at WAFL level and looks like J Graham 2.

IMO Melbourne will get Langford at 5 and Lindsay at 9.
Yeah I don't think Melbourne go tall. They already have JVR & Jefferson from last 3 drafts. Jefferson got VFL player of the year so they'll want to play him.

They need mids. Viney is 31 next year, Oliver is a basketcase, Petracca had life threatening injury.

Yeah I don't think Melbourne go tall. They already have JVR & Jefferson from last 3 drafts. Jefferson got VFL player of the year so they'll want to play him.

They need mids. Viney is 31 next year, Oliver is a basketcase, Petracca had life threatening injury.
Almost certain that they will get Langford at 5

I don't think they have met Blair, clearly....
Blair pays up, that's the potential problem here.
He does get good value, but he's also very generous in meeting expectations.

We've set ourselves in this draft, I hope we don't overcommit to get pick 2, it just doesn't feel needed in this deep draft, just take multiple shots because even pick 2 isn't a guarantee.

I felt sorry for him ..looked like he was doing the clip in the middle of an allergic reaction to bad fish ...very brave ...shit idea about the pick swap ..but brave
looked like he was doing it from the spare room in his nans council flat.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back