List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

I understand we don't have as much leverage as the Rioli trade, but isn't the leverage we don't have to trade for 2? We're in a good position it's not the end of the world missing out on 2, unless the trade is a home run.
Exactly there's never before been a club who needed to trade up less. We are primed to pillage the draft as is. Unless we have 2 players head and shoulders above the rest which seems unlikely given the nonconcensus from draft watchers.
If it's 6 and a late first rounder not gonna melt either, we'll still have the pick of the crop on the second night if a player we rate gets through.

Or better still just stick with the amazing draft hand we already have…
For me, I'd rather pick 2 over pick 6 and 18.

For me, I'd rather pick 2 over pick 6 and 18.

As long as that's the trade, I'd agree. I dont think the club had any plans for pick 18 it just fell that way with the Bolton trade and pick 2 over pick 6 is an obvious choice. I'm not sold on FOS though as some others here seem to be would rather we grab Smith and then perhaps Lalor as the potential upside pick.

Where I get a bit riled up is when North fans seem to think we have to give them 10 or 11. To me these picks are gold, whereas pick 18 is covered by our pick 20. I'd also be really cautious in dealing with North's future picks, I don't have confidence that they will be as bad next year as they were this year.

I know I wouldn't be giving up pick 6 and something else for 2. I don't think any of these players are Dusty types.
Spot on.

Blair is on record saying it a very even draft and we've already knocked back a pick swap for no.3 in the Baker trade. It's 100/1 that we trade up unless the deal is so one sided Kornehole wants the AFL to step in and take over Norf.

6 & 18 is not happening. 6 & 24 for 2 & F2 is the ball park we are talking to get Blairs interest.

Treacy and Gerreyn are two different types, one is solely a forward the other is a ruck/forward (vice versa).

To me, Gerreyn is exactly the sort of bloke that you want to bring in with all of the others, one that can grow with the group as a whole. He's got a bit of mongrel, is a leader, pretty much like Nank but with Tex Walkers kicking

Nank kind of mongrel? I'm sold!

Didn’t have 13 handballs unless they were not part of the video. If that’s his best stats and you had to go back to 2023, then that’s not sufficient for a top pick midfielder. FOS has stats that equate to a flanker.
It’s an edited video!
The stats are correct. Do what you will with them.

Spot on.

Blair is on record saying it a very even draft and we've already knocked back a pick swap for no.3 in the Baker trade. It's 100/1 that we trade up unless the deal is so one sided Kornehole wants the AFL to step in and take over Norf.

6 & 18 is not happening. 6 & 24 for 2 & F2 is the ball park we are talking to get Blairs interest.

I hope you are right and secondly how are you so sure that's the offer we are looking at?

Wouldnt offering pick 23 be better than 24 which is the 1st pick of the 2nd round?

Exactly there's never before been a club who needed to trade up less. We are primed to pillage the draft as is. Unless we have 2 players head and shoulders above the rest which seems unlikely given the nonconcensus from draft watchers.
At last count I have read across this board and others what seems to be equally compelling arguments for six or maybe even seven players as legitimate pick 1 candidates.

Come draft night they’ll probably be three or four clubs claiming they got the player they rated number one and for once they won’t actually be lying. It’s that even folks.

So again whilst it is very unlikely we get the two players we rate 1 and 2 holding onto 6 we might well get say 1 and 3 or 1 and 4.

Just a reminder that pick 6 on the night will almost certainty not equate to the player that we ranked 6th in this incredibly even draft. It could be the player we ranked 3rd, 4th or 5th.

And for such a small increment improvement some want to throw away an incredibly valuable pic 18 in the strongest and deepest drafts in many years?

As I said in a previous post if ain’t broke don’t fix it.

At last count I have read across this board and others what seems to be equally compelling arguments for six or maybe even seven players as legitimate pick 1 candidates.

Come draft night they’ll probably be three or four clubs claiming they got the player they rated number one and for once they won’t actually be lying. It’s that even folks.

So again whilst it is very unlikely we get the two players we rate 1 and 2 holding onto 6 we might well get say 1 and 3 or 1 and 4.

Just a reminder that pick 6 on the night will almost certainty not equate to the player that we ranked 6th in this incredibly even draft. It could be the player we ranked 3rd, 4th or 5th.

And for such a small increment improvement some want to throw away an incredibly valuable pic 18 in the strongest and deepest drafts in many years?

You’re quite right. If clubs have different opinions on their rating of draftees we could be easily be getting a kid we had picked out as 2,3 or 4 at 6.

Disagree on this :

Gone: Rioli, Baker, Graham, Bolton, Dusty, Grimes, Naismith, Pickett and then likely Macca, Coulthard and one of Dow/Cumbo, if not both.

Then we have a few players coming back from ACL’s who won’t be ready early in season. Then there’s the normal injuries/suspensions etc…

And not all of our draftees will be ready immediately, and a couple probably won’t even be ready at all during 2025.

So I think we’re good to take 7 players in this draft.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Lets do the maths. Broad Balta Vlastuin, Gibcus HRS Toranto Ross Short Campbell Nank Lynch MRJ Banks Mansell Clark Brown and hopefully Bauer should all do on average 20+ games. Hopper Prestia Miller Kosi Trezise Macaulif Smith Blight Grey Green and Fawcett/Lafau Ryan and Sonsi will probably play on average 10+ games. That would leave 80 games to be shared across all the whole season for all the draftees.. If we bring in a couple of ready to go kids like FOS and Davidson from our VFL then some of our draftees will miss out. These kids high pick kids are going to need game time to develop so, yes, it is possible to pick 7 but I still think that 5 would be better especially if we trade up to get Norths pick and trade out a couple of picks for future picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lets do the maths. Broad Balta Vlastuin, Gibcus HRS Toranto Ross Short Campbell Nank Lynch MRJ Banks Mansell Clark Brown and hopefully Bauer should all do on average 20+ games. Hopper Prestia Miller Kosi Trezise Macaulif Smith Blight Grey Green and Fawcett/Lafau Ryan and Sonsi will probably play on average 10+ games. That would leave 80 games to be shared across all the whole season for all the draftees.. If we bring in a couple of ready to go kids like FOS and Davidson from our VFL then some of our draftees will miss out. These kids high pick kids are going to need game time to develop so, yes, it is possible to pick 7 but I still think that 5 would be better especially if we trade up to get Norths pick and trade out a couple of picks for future picks.
Lynch is more likely to play 2 than 20. Gibcus & Bauer too. Will be plenty of games to go around.

Good points.
I’d still trade IF after doing full time professional research, the club thought the top two had a gap on the others. You get the best if you can. We’d still have 5 more high picks after those 2.

Spot on.

Blair playing you as a fool bro

He always gonna say even draft, why would he give it away

It's definitely going to be pick 6 and something else. Probably pick 18.
North won't do the deal if 6 isn't involved because they don't wanna miss on Tauru.

It's extremely straightforward in my mind.
I agree. It will have to include pick 6. It's unlikely to be a straight swap of pick 2 for pick 6. That said, it is #lolNorf

I think Blair will be doing a lot of listening over the next few weeks as there would be most clubs coming to us trying to get in on our picks.

There is no pressure on us to do anything until we’ve heard everyone’s pitch.
Even if we want pick 2 I’d be holding off and seeing if North come to us.
Blair be on constant calls like:
Snl Wassup GIF by Saturday Night Live

It's definitely going to be pick 6 and something else. Probably pick 18.
North won't do the deal if 6 isn't involved because they don't wanna miss on Tauru.

It's extremely straightforward in my mind.

Let's be optimistic about North's performance in 2025. They're not finishing higher than bottom 6 (Us, them, Eagles, Dees, Dons, Saints). Adelaide improved their list massively, as did GC. Dons, Dees, Saints all did nothing or are going backwards. So best case scenario for North, they're finishing in 13th with pick 6, 24, 42, etc, in 2025.

North were willing to trade F1 (2-6) for 13 during trade period.

As I've said all along, it should be 6 and 18 for 2 and F2 (20-24).

Then just need to trade 23/24 this year for Essendon/Melbourne's F1, and one of Essendon's later picks this year. 40, 46, 53, 54, 65 are what they'll have left after matching Kako.

1 - Lalor
2 - FOS
10 - Travaglia
11 - Lindsay
20 - Hannaford
23 - Faull
46 - Davidson

Leaves space for 2 PSD/Rookie/SSP

2025: 1, 2-6, 19, 20-24, 55 (Kellaway F/S), 73

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition