List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

the big lebowski on the cans

GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert
The Big Lebowski
speech-bubble-discord-speech-bubble.gif

it is not pick 6, it is access to the players at pick 6.

no way 15 and 16 is worth pick 6 and with bids 15 and 16 will drift back even further
It's not about what pick is worth what...it's about wanting certain players...
If Norff want a certain player they have to pay the price...equivalent or not!

It’s a bloody tough one hey. 6 & 18 feels right for Norf. Reckon we would prefer 10 & 18 but doubt Tarau lasts to 10 so if you believe what they are saying not a lot of point for Norf unless it’s more about getting 2 picks and less about getting Tarau himself.

We really do hold the whip hand though. Saints picks are too high to combine to move up unless Norf are giving back their early pick next year. Same with the Dees. 10 & 18 trumps what GWS can give.

I don’t know. Reckon it’s one that’s going to go down to the wire.

Nice spot to be though for us.

Personally I’d love to pair FOS with Lalor. How we do it though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It’s a bloody tough one hey. 6 & 18 feels right for Norf. Reckon we would prefer 10 & 18 but doubt Tarau lasts to 10 so if you believe what they are saying not a lot of point for Norf unless it’s more about getting 2 picks and less about getting Tarau himself.

We really do hold the whip hand though. Saints picks are too high to combine to move up unless Norf are giving back their early pick next year. Same with the Dees. 10 & 18 trumps what GWS can give.

I don’t know. Reckon it’s one that’s going to go down to the wire.

Nice spot to be though for us.

Personally I’d love to pair FOS with Lalor. How we do it though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Why offer pick 18?
If we want 2 then the offer should be 6 & 23. Take it or leave it.
If North also want to shift their F1 then 6, 11 and 23.

Option 1 we have
1,2,10,11,18,20 and 24

Option 2 we have
1,2,10,18,20,24 and North F1

Option 3
Don’t trade. North take one of the offers or pi55 off.

North wants to trade 2 out for more picks.
Richmond should be happy to take 2 of the top 6 midfielders in the draft with their first two picks.
Invest in this years draft until we have what we want. Then trade the last two into next years if need be(23,24).
Why trade for Norths pick 2 which is not necessarily better than pick 6. Costing a first round pick?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
the more I look at it, the more I like a Lalor/Jagga combination.

Need to make a move for Pick 2. Start with 10 + 18, or 6 + 23. 6 + 18 would be the final deal.

They say throw a blanket over the Top 20, but as a few people have said there is a clear Top 5. We need 2 of them.

Lalor
Jagga
Travaglia
Smillie/Allan

Warming to Datolli for a pick in the 20's....

if Richmond trade pick 6 & 18 for pick 2 then consider it a blessing.
Both ways the two clubs win.
North get two Key Position players
We get 2 of the following Lalor / FOS / Jagga
3 of those players we are absolutely keen on.
You want another mid?
10 & 11 are still available we already have speed with the first two picks so 100% grab Bo Allen.
Job done. Richmond and north win win scenario
Warming to Jagga > FOS....

the more I look at it, the more I like a Lalor/Jagga combination.

Need to make a move for Pick 2. Start with 10 + 18, or 6 + 23. 6 + 18 would be the final deal.

They say throw a blanket over the Top 20, but as a few people have said there is a clear Top 5. We need 2 of them.

Lalor
Jagga
Travaglia
Smillie/Allan

Warming to Datolli for a pick in the 20's....
Clear top 7 IMO, so pick 6 is in that range.

Lalor, FOS, Jagga, Draper, Ashcroft, Langford and Smillie.

The players have voted 5 of these as the best player in the draft

Jagga Smith: 7

Finn O’Sullivan: 4

Harvey Langford: 3

Josh Smillie: 3

Sid Draper: 2

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FOS voted Lalor in another article so has his admirers.

From memory Smillie voted Jagga in that one.

Bit of mates voting for mates? FOS votes Lalor, Lalor votes FOS & Jagga votes Smillie, Smillie votes Jagga lol
100% correct.
As if a player from SA thats played 5-6 years with Draper wouldnt vote for him...
Same with Smith, Smille ect...

In our position you don't think we should trade a second-tier pick to secure the most talented kid in the draft?

I think you are forgetting it’s an “even” draft when reading newspaper articles.

Funny isn’t it, that most of those who watch (full matches) want FOS and those who look at stat sheets want Jagga ;)

if Richmond trade pick 6 & 18 for pick 2 then consider it a blessing.
Both ways the two clubs win.
North get two Key Position players
We get 2 of the following Lalor / FOS / Jagga
3 of those players we are absolutely keen on.
You want another mid?
10 & 11 are still available we already have speed with the first two picks so 100% grab Bo Allen.
Job done. Richmond and north win win scenario

That's not a blessing at all. Its probably not even break even. Carlton snagged pick 3 for 12 & 14.... 6 & 18 is generous and North wouldnt even try to negotiate up on that offer.

The general talk from Dees suporters is that they dont want Armstrong.
They have lost a lot of mids recently and others are getting old.
It does make sence to use their top 2 picks on mids in a midfields draft...

Don’t worry, most people (including journos) don’t actually look at a teams list but just go on feels.

I’m not against FOS, think he’s a high quality player but I think equates as a flanker. Going back to 2023 form is a reach. I just think others have better form. Plus your Bont & Cripps comments are bullshite because your using hindsight when at the time they like all draftees, could have been a bust. For every player taken with low possession that goes on to be a star there are dozens that don’t make it. Eg RCD.
So run on fella.
The low possession thing is a major concern as is citing his form from the previous year. More than a few players in drafts gone by have peaked then or failed to reach their lofty expectations due to injury. He seems to present elements of risk that the other players in the top six or seven don't.

Anyhow if we were to trade up (which again I don't want us to) I certainly hope we do not take him. However, if we keep pick 6 and he slips to us, then the risk vs reward argument becomes more nuanced in his favour.

But yeah he doesn't strike me as a player that a rebuilding club should risk a pick one or two on.

Clear top 7 IMO, so pick 6 is in that range.

Lalor, FOS, Jagga, Draper, Ashcroft, Langford and Smillie.

The players have voted 5 of these as the best player in the draft

Jagga Smith: 7

Finn O’Sullivan: 4

Harvey Langford: 3

Josh Smillie: 3

Sid Draper: 2
Not sure if it is a CLEAR top 7 imo

I think there are a few that could be taken in there like Tauru , Armstrong , Reid and even Allan
we are all going off media hype currently and the names have been ingrained into our thinking

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back