List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Why is everyone thinking about we only have to do business with roos to move up to 2.
I’d be looking more into how set Adelaide are at 4. Obviously they could be very interested in Draper but they’ve only got picks 4 and 64. If they want to split 4 into maybe 11 and 18 or 10 and 23. Id do that and possibly get 64 back for potentially Sam Davidson later in the draft.

We could then be a lot more aggressive with negotiations with roos and losing 6 doesn’t hurt at all!
6 and 11 for 2 and future first
Or 11 and 18 for 2 and something else back.
How would people feel about going into the draft with only taking 5 picks inside the top 24 but having 3 of the first 4 in 1,2,4,20 and 24 and a future first from north.

In our position you don't think we should trade a second-tier pick to secure the most talented kid in the draft?
Not in this draft, as deep and as strong as it is. I think a player will slip to that selection that we will kick ourselves over if we don't have that pick. Couple that with the whole evenness of the top 7 or so players. Plus we have a hell of lot of holes to fill, primarily due to the lack of first rounders or first rounders of quality since the start of our dynasty (and yes I know you have read all these arguments before).

In most other drafts you'd crawl over broken glass to get pick 2, however in this draft when you already have 6, it just feels like a number. It has prestige, but it just doesn't feel like you'd be getting a player better enough to justify trading out a valuable pick. Still pick 23, I think we could all live with that, if push came to shove.

Why offer pick 18?
If we want 2 then the offer should be 6 & 23. Take it or leave it.
If North also want to shift their F1 then 6, 11 and 23.

Option 1 we have
1,2,10,11,18,20 and 24

Option 2 we have
1,2,10,18,20,24 and North F1

Option 3
Don’t trade. North take one of the offers or pi55 off.

Cause you gotta give to get. I’d assume they start at 6&11 and we start at 6&23 and we meet somewhere in the middle

But hey the beauty in it all is it’s Blair and Brady doing these talks and none of us dickheads on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The low possession thing is a major concern as is citing his form from the previous year. More than a few players in drafts gone by have peaked then or failed to reach their lofty expectations due to injury. He seems to present elements of risk that the other players in the top six or seven don't.

Can you provide examples?

“I’m just the perfect player to have at a club and that’s not just on the field but off the field as well,” Smillie told foxfooty.com.au.

“I feel like I’m a very caring person and just a perfect person to have at your club. Then what I bring to my football when playing, I’m a unique player. I can play anywhere, it’s a coach’s dream.

“I feel like I’ve still got so much improvement in my body and also my game as well.”

Will Ferrell Lol GIF by First We Feast

The general talk from Dees suporters is that they dont want Armstrong.
They have lost a lot of mids recently and others are getting old.
It does make sence to use their top 2 picks on mids in a midfields draft...

If they don't go Armstrong, I see them going Smilie, eapecially with question marks on the futures of Petracca and Oliver. They're going to need a bigger mid.

If they don't go Armstrong, I see them going Smilie, eapecially with question marks on the futures of Petracca and Oliver. They're going to need a bigger mid.
Would be amazing to be able to get Armstrong then

Would be amazing to be able to get Armstrong then

Which is why I am deas against trafing for 2.

FOS and Lalor are nice,

but

Lalor, Armstrong/Langford/Tauru/ with extremely small chances one of Draper/Smith are there at 6/7

plus keeping something like 18/23 where we could take Faull/Shanahan/Jaques/Dattoli etc

would be much better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we should take Harry Armstrong at pick 1...
Why not throw a massive curveball? we in a position where we could be quite strategic people will call me drunk, but I really rate quality key forward higher than midfielders.

There are 100's of quality midfielders in the competition but there are probably less than 30 absolute quality key tall forwards in the competition spread out over 18 teams.

Would we really be upset with getting a midfielder that slides like, Jagga, Draper, Smillie, Langford at pick 6?
I keep seeing heaps of mock drafts online & a lot of them have Sam Lalor a lot more 5-8 range than pick 1, who is to say guys like FOS or Lalor won't slide? other clubs might have more concerns on them than we do.

Can you provide examples?
Off the top of my head, from yesteryear James Sellar, Beau Muston (I think Tambling as well but a bit hazy on him - was it being great in his previous junior year or just being in a substandard competition?) present day, Kaine Baldwin. What I'd like are examples of players that 'were' low possession juniors turning that around as senior players. Just being 'high impact' might make a fine highlight reel, but doesn't scream pick 1 or 2. Later on in the draft of course that's another matter.

Cause you gotta give to get. I’d assume they start at 6&11 and we start at 6&23 and we meet somewhere in the middle

But hey the beauty in it all is it’s Blair and Brady doing these talks and none of us dickheads on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Not always...maybe at the start...to get fair trades...like what happened to us and Freo/WCE
But now the draft has worked out in our favour...we just wait for offers to come in...some of them maybe desperate offers...
We can afford to wait and pick and choose...we have skin in the game, but it's not coming off our nose...

Where does that leave us at 6 if they take Smillie?

If we are talking list balance wise, Armstrong should be our pick 6 if he is available as there is no guarantee we get Shanahan later unless we pick him at 10 or 11 (which I wouldn't necessarily be against.

1: Lalor
6: Armstrong
10: Travaglia
11: Shanahan
18: Hynes
20: Berry/Dattoli
23: Dodson
24: Trainor

Would be a decent haul imo.

The only reason I would be happy to change two picks into an earlier one or to trade out a later first rounder for a higher pick in next years draft, is if we still had uncontracted players that we desperately wanted to keep. I think Macintosh is a little hard done by not receiving at least a year's contract. He is Mr Reliable but I guess if we want to make an premiership omelet soon, we need to crack a few average eggs and add some better quality ingredients.

In the end though, that would be the only reason I would understand giving up any of our draft picks for any reason. Moving out of this year's strong, even draft and into next year's weaker one, doesn't make sense unless you are going from a third round to a future first (or something ridiculous like that).

If we are talking list balance wise, Armstrong should be our pick 6 if he is available as there is no guarantee we get Shanahan later unless we pick him at 10 or 11 (which I wouldn't necessarily be against.

1 midfielder?

It would be ****ing awful.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition