List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

“I’m just the perfect player to have at a club and that’s not just on the field but off the field as well,” Smillie told foxfooty.com.au.

“I feel like I’m a very caring person and just a perfect person to have at your club. Then what I bring to my football when playing, I’m a unique player. I can play anywhere, it’s a coach’s dream.

“I feel like I’ve still got so much improvement in my body and also my game as well.”

Will Ferrell Lol GIF by First We Feast
Did he actually say that?

It does read like I just typed it out and picked a random player to attribute it to but it is a quote from the article.
You know what, I dont hate it. All the best players are supremely confident.

Also tiger_tough still a massive dumb campaigner ay :)

You know what, I dont hate it. All the best players are supremely confident.

Also tiger_tough still a massive dumb campaigner ay :)
I reckon its fantastic. I wish it was on camera, would love to see if he had a straight face.

Confirmed

If we are talking list balance wise, Armstrong should be our pick 6 if he is available as there is no guarantee we get Shanahan later unless we pick him at 10 or 11 (which I wouldn't necessarily be against.

1: Lalor
6: Armstrong
10: Travaglia
11: Shanahan
18: Hynes
20: Berry/Dattoli
23: Dodson
24: Trainor

Would be a decent haul imo.
Balanced, but I think misses the best talent. 4 talls including 2 in first 4. Also Hotton, Lindsay, Berry, Hannaford before Hynes for me

Yeah well if hicksy
Is close to being right and smilie is who we take at 6 I’m off Lalor
Would rather pair a slower player like smilie with a Jagga. Same goes for Langford.

“I’m just the perfect player to have at a club and that’s not just on the field but off the field as well,” Smillie told foxfooty.com.au.

“I feel like I’m a very caring person and just a perfect person to have at your club. Then what I bring to my football when playing, I’m a unique player. I can play anywhere, it’s a coach’s dream.

“I feel like I’ve still got so much improvement in my body and also my game as well.”

Lucky punt road is getting re developments

Will need to widen all the doors to fit his head through if we pick him up

Yeah well if hicksy
Is close to being right and smilie is who we take at 6 I’m off Lalor
Would rather pair a slower player like smilie with a Jagga. Same goes for Langford.
Lalor is explosive from stoppage, he and Smillie would compliment each other nicely.

If we are talking list balance wise, Armstrong should be our pick 6 if he is available as there is no guarantee we get Shanahan later unless we pick him at 10 or 11 (which I wouldn't necessarily be against.

1: Lalor
6: Armstrong
10: Travaglia
11: Shanahan
18: Hynes
20: Berry/Dattoli
23: Dodson
24: Trainor

Would be a decent haul imo.
Armstrong at 6 would be the end of me. There's elite midfield talent in this draft, arguably a tier of 6 of them on the same level, then a slight drop to the next tier. You don't reach on a 195cm key forward playing for the most dominant junior teams in Metro and Dragons, in a weak key position draft o_O o_O o_O

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As long as that's the trade, I'd agree. I dont think the club had any plans for pick 18 it just fell that way with the Bolton trade and pick 2 over pick 6 is an obvious choice. I'm not sold on FOS though as some others here seem to be would rather we grab Smith and then perhaps Lalor as the potential upside pick.

Where I get a bit riled up is when North fans seem to think we have to give them 10 or 11. To me these picks are gold, whereas pick 18 is covered by our pick 20. I'd also be really cautious in dealing with North's future picks, I don't have confidence that they will be as bad next year as they were this year.
The interesting thing about not giving up 6 and a later pick for 2, is the player we take at 6 is not likely to be the player we would take at 2 but it could be the player we rated at 3 or 4. Would you give up 2 draft picks in the first round to only get 1 or 2 places up on your list? Unless you rated the player you would take as clearly superior, I would not.

It's obvious people have only watched the highlights package the AFL youtube posted of Lalor. There's not any clips of him being explosive as he's mainly playing half forward and kicking goals. If you watch his stuff for Rebels, the game against Geelong or the game against Oakleigh he's bursting through the contest. He's crunching blokes. Kicking goals. Darting kicks inside 50. He's a fulltime mid there and has all the elite AFL traits.

Stop saying stuff with your chest when you have no clue

Why is everyone thinking about we only have to do business with roos to move up to 2.
I’d be looking more into how set Adelaide are at 4. Obviously they could be very interested in Draper but they’ve only got picks 4 and 64. If they want to split 4 into maybe 11 and 18 or 10 and 23. Id do that and possibly get 64 back for potentially Sam Davidson later in the draft.

We could then be a lot more aggressive with negotiations with roos and losing 6 doesn’t hurt at all!
6 and 11 for 2 and future first
Or 11 and 18 for 2 and something else back.
How would people feel about going into the draft with only taking 5 picks inside the top 24 but having 3 of the first 4 in 1,2,4,20 and 24 and a future first from north.
I like that thinking. Adelaide could have a clear "top 3" in mind and would be happy with any of them at pick #4. If they are unlucky and all 3 get taken off the board before their pick then the might be willing to slide back in a deep draft for #10 and #18 (or something like that).

It's obvious people have only watched the highlights package the AFL youtube posted of Lalor. There's not any clips of him being explosive as he's mainly playing half forward and kicking goals. If you watch his stuff for Rebels, the game against Geelong or the game against Oakleigh he's bursting through the contest. He's crunching blokes. Kicking goals. Darting kicks inside 50. He's a fulltime mid there and has all the elite AFL traits.

Stop saying stuff with your chest when you have no clue

1:03
ryan reynolds drool GIF

Yeah okay.
The only “explosive player” I have watched is bo Allen
If there is an athletic big bodied mid who could be anything I think it is him.
I just mentioned Bo to someone, his profile is intriguing.

1. Lalor
3. FOS
12. Hotton
13. Lindsay
21. J Whitlock
23. M Whitlock

28 we sell for a pick slide and F1. Take someone like Ough, Davis, Angus Clarke, Barrat or Burmeister with the slid pick - so many value options.
Ough late would be a great get IMO

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back