List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Which is why I am deas against trafing for 2.

FOS and Lalor are nice,

but

Lalor, Armstrong/Langford/Tauru/ with extremely small chances one of Draper/Smith are there at 6/7

plus keeping something like 18/23 where we could take Faull/Shanahan/Jaques/Dattoli etc

would be much better.
We have 18, 20, 23 and 24. We are going to be in a position to take one or multiple of those players you mentioned even if we traded out one of 18, 20 or 23.

All we will be doing is upgrading 6 to 2 and losing one of those back of first round picks. We will still have 10 and 11 as well.

I don't think I'll ever understand the resistance of trading up to pick 2. It just feels like backwards logic when we could have full access to the top two draft prospects on our draft board and also the ability to throw out a couple of bids at pick 2 to make sure Brisbane and Gold Coast pay for Ashcroft and Lombard respectively.

We lose one pick but we are still likely taking 7 players with the picks we have remaining.

What am I missing here?

I just mentioned Bo to someone, his profile is intriguing.

I watched his videos last night and was impressed.
I am not someone who goes oh look 35 touches he’s what I want. I do want midfielders that can get possessions obviously but I want them to be damaging. Bo Allan screams that, inside 50s, tackles, score involvements etc that’s why I liked FOS and Lalor so much.
Don’t get me wrong Jagga is a jet but he isn’t as damaging per possession as the above mentioned. Now if we want a Brownlow medal winner then you go Jagga because he has it written all over him.

We have 18, 20, 23 and 24. We are going to be in a position to take one or multiple of those players you mentioned even if we traded out one of 18, 20 or 23.

All we will be doing is upgrading 6 to 2 and losing one of those back of first round picks. We will still have 10 and 11 as well.

I don't think I'll ever understand the resistance of trading up to pick 2. It just feels like backwards logic when we could have full access to the top two draft prospects on our draft board and also the ability to throw out a couple of bids at pick 2 to make sure Brisbane and Gold Coast pay for Ashcroft and Lombard respectively.

We lose one pick but we are still likely taking 7 players with the picks we have remaining.

What am I missing here?
You're not the one missing something.

Armstrong at 6 would be the end of me. There's elite midfield talent in this draft, arguably a tier of 6 of them on the same level, then a slight drop to the next tier. You don't reach on a 195cm key forward playing for the most dominant junior teams in Metro and Dragons, in a weak key position draft o_O o_O o_O

Armstrong at 6 is not a reach. He will go top 10 imo. There would be a few xlubs who could potentially pull the trigger.

Adelaide losing Himmelberg this year and likely Tex next year means they could take Armstrong as future proofing their forward line with Fogarty, Thilthorpe and Armstrong.

Dees to pair him with JVR are the most likely destination.

There's us who need another strong contested marking forward.

And then Saint Kilda have lost Membrey and Armstrong will be an upgrade on Sharman and Caminiti. I'd be shocked if Armstrong slips out of the top 10.

Off the top of my head, from yesteryear James Sellar, Beau Muston (I think Tambling as well but a bit hazy on him - was it being great in his previous junior year or just being in a substandard competition?) present day, Kaine Baldwin. What I'd like are examples of players that 'were' low possession juniors turning that around as senior players. Just being 'high impact' might make a fine highlight reel, but doesn't scream pick 1 or 2. Later on in the draft of course that's another matter.

so two KPP, guys ruined by multiple knee injuries, guys from 20 years ago and with only Sellars going in first round?

I don’t know how low is too low but

Bont - 19
De goey - 17
Rozee - 15
Butters - 20 rounding up
Ed Richards - 15
Jarrod berry - 18

Other guys who slid due to injuries or perceived poor top age years off the top of my head

Judd
Selwood
Daniel Rich
Jack Darling

Elsewhere plenty of kids have picked up stats for fun and it never translates or only partially

O’Rourke
Billings
Paddy Dow
Will Brodie
James Aish
Toumpas
Bowes
Phillips
Braeden Campbell
Josh Ward (maybe)

It's obvious people have only watched the highlights package the AFL youtube posted of Lalor. There's not any clips of him being explosive as he's mainly playing half forward and kicking goals. If you watch his stuff for Rebels, the game against Geelong or the game against Oakleigh he's bursting through the contest. He's crunching blokes. Kicking goals. Darting kicks inside 50. He's a fulltime mid there and has all the elite AFL traits.

Stop saying stuff with your chest when you have no clue
we are farrked

so two KPP, guys ruined by multiple knee injuries, guys from 20 years ago and with only Sellars going in first round?

I don’t know how low is too low but

Bont - 19
De goey - 17
Rozee - 15
Butters - 20 rounding up
Ed Richards - 15
Jarrod berry - 18

Other guys who slid due to injuries or perceived poor top age years off the top of my head

Judd
Selwood
Daniel Rich
Jack Darling

Elsewhere plenty of kids have picked up stats for fun and it never translates or only partially

O’Rourke
Billings
Paddy Dow
Will Brodie
James Aish
Toumpas
Bowes
Phillips
Braeden Campbell
Josh Ward (maybe)

Yeah “BuT FoS CaNt FiNd tHe FooTy”

You know what, I dont hate it. All the best players are supremely confident.

Also tiger_tough still a massive dumb campaigner ay :)
Come On What GIF by Kinda Funny

Dees to pair him with JVR are the most likely destination.

They have Jefferson who’s kicked 50 goals over last 2 years in vfl

What they dont have is any young centre bounce mids outside rivers.

Viney is 31, Brayshaw is retired, Petracca had a lacerated spleen and Oliver is a mess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This whole video gets better and better and better. Looks pissed off this game, giving a lot off the ball. And as the game goes on he tries to put the team on his back and wills them along.

The game against the Bushrangers is dominant too. It's obvious he began to put it all together in the video I linked though

Last edited:
Yeah “BuT FoS CaNt FiNd tHe FooTy”

he 100% needs to find more footy, but he averaged 23 last year and his yo-yo/endurance is elite, so it’s not like it’s a massive problem.

Besides watching the Oakleigh prelim it’s pretty obvious that he was a bit of fix it guy for them. With the wind and late in last when they needed goals they pushed him forward, in the 2nd (which he had an awful quarter) after GWV kicked two quick ones he was constantly positioned as a sweeper to defend clearances while Jagga, Gross and Yze attacked. It’s not surprising, Oakleighs team outside Jagga, FOS and Gross was pretty ordinary, no real forwards or defenders and not sure any other top age players are close to being drafted.

This whole video gets better and better and better. Looks pissed off this game, giving a lot off the ball. And as the game goes on he tries to put the team on his back and wills them along.

The game against the Bushrangers is dominant too. It's obvious he began to put it all together in the video I linked though

Reminds me of Toby Greene

It's obvious people have only watched the highlights package the AFL youtube posted of Lalor. There's not any clips of him being explosive as he's mainly playing half forward and kicking goals. If you watch his stuff for Rebels, the game against Geelong or the game against Oakleigh he's bursting through the contest. He's crunching blokes. Kicking goals. Darting kicks inside 50. He's a fulltime mid there and has all the elite AFL traits.

Stop saying stuff with your chest when you have no clue
Yep he’s explosive, even his cricket highlights show his power. Dont mind him rotating forward, he’s damaging there too.

he 100% needs to find more footy, but he averaged 23 last year and his yo-yo/endurance is elite, so it’s not like it’s a massive problem.

Besides watching the Oakleigh prelim it’s pretty obvious that he was a bit of fix it guy for them. With the wind and late in last when they needed goals they pushed him forward, in the 2nd (which he had an awful quarter) after GWV kicked two quick ones he was constantly positioned as a sweeper to defend clearances while Jagga, Gross and Yze attacked. It’s not surprising, Oakleighs team outside Jagga, FOS and Gross was pretty ordinary, no real forwards or defenders and not sure any other top age players are close to being drafted.

I think the massive strap over the quad probably didn’t help either. It’s his decision making when he has the ball. But 18 or 20 touches and 2/3 goals is elite.

What am I missing here?
Only that some don’t think there is a difference across the top 6. We’ll see what the club thinks.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back