List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

that is not a argument or case, or basis for rationale
You and Rationale? 🤣🤣

Have you ever considered applying for a recruiting job in the AFL?

Your outside the box thinking about deals and moves no one that has ever considered could be a real weapon in the right AFL team

IMO the information linking us to players in the media is about 50% accurate. Like all of us the media put 2 + 2 together to come up with viable 'news' they can report which is designed to drive hits and clicks to their sites and they do it quite smartly. They latch on to the hype kid at the time and link them with the team likely to have first crack at them. So far this year, they've had Smillie, Smith, Langford, FOS, & now Lalor linked to us for the number 1 pick and without fail we've all fallen for the reports, especially when they link the player who we personally like with the pick.

With picks 1 & 6 we've probably got all 6 likely options still in the mix and will be still conducting informal interviews after exams are done, reviewing footage and going over reports after having the in depth interviews at combine and will not have a firm decision until the week of the draft itself in a months time.

So I'd urge anyone to take any reports about us being locked in to a player with a grain of salt, as it's unlikely to be anywhere near the truth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like this kid. He's clueless but funny. Is it you tiger_tough ?

How he has 5x as many subscribers as Dylan Alexander, who is clearly the best of the amateurs out there (and better than many media pros) is a mystery.

IMO the information linking us to players in the media is about 50% accurate. Like all of us the media put 2 + 2 together to come up with viable 'news' they can report which is designed to drive hits and clicks to their sites and they do it quite smartly. They latch on to the hype kid at the time and link them with the team likely to have first crack at them. So far this year, they've had Smillie, Smith, Langford, FOS, & now Lalor linked to us for the number 1 pick and without fail we've all fallen for the reports, especially when they link the player who we personally like with the pick.

With picks 1 & 6 we've probably got all 6 likely options still in the mix and will be still conducting informal interviews after exams are done, reviewing footage and going over reports after having the in depth interviews at combine and will not have a firm decision until the week of the draft itself in a months time.

So I'd urge anyone to take any reports about us being locked in to a player with a grain of salt, as it's unlikely to be anywhere near the truth.
We didn't all fall for it. Some of us said **** no when Smillie was the hype guy, ditto when it was Jagga, and laughed when it was Langford.

We don't have six options in the mix for pick 1. We know who we're taking. We know who we're taking if we get pick 2, and we'll have our priority lists at every other pick. They'll be going over everything and for our later picks weighing up this guy versus that guy but we're locked in for 1 (&2).

I think we would if we had pick 3 but why take the shine away from our players?
Brisbane were good to deal with to get 20.
I get it but i dont think we will do it
Don't think any shine gets taken off, everyone knows the game by now.
Get where you're coming from though.

The Gun, in todays crazy world, where up is down and down is up, as we are constantly striving for material things that ultimately don’t make us happy,
Why quibble over “picks”. 6,11,18,24,69……… they are just numbers.

Let’s just be friends instead ❤️

ha gay GIF

Wait till draft night and see how desperate GWS are for Armstrong if he is there at 10.

I don’t know if they’ve got a kpf coming through in their academy but outside Cadman they don’t really have a reliable KPF under 30.

Then do the same with Bombers for Shannahan at 15. Take sims/faull/whitlock later.
Give them 10 for Cadman.
Problem solved.😁

We didn't all fall for it. Some of us said **** no when Smillie was the hype guy, ditto when it was Jagga, and laughed when it was Langford.

We don't have six options in the mix for pick 1. We know who we're taking. We know who we're taking if we get pick 2, and we'll have our priority lists at every other pick. They'll be going over everything and for our later picks weighing up this guy versus that guy but we're locked in for 1 (&2).
There are those of us who have locked into their preferred target and have held firm through the year despite the media reports suggesting otherwise. ;)

My point is that it's highly unlikely that the information the media is reporting is actually that accurate. Over the last few years our club has very rarely leaked inside information, in fact I can't remember the last thing that was leaked well in advance of the club wanting it being known.

As for being 100% locked in to who we're taking, I don't believe we are especially with it being a month out from the draft. We'd no doubt have an order with but going on past draft reports from the club they usually head away for a weekend closer to the draft where they run through everything and lock away their order and I wouldn't expect anything to have changed in that regard, especially when we've got this unprecedented draft hand.

I agree, the club will also want the fans to believe we got the 2 best kids in the country.
Doesn't benefit us at all to bid on him at 2 if we have it. We're not contending. Let's curry good favour with Brisbane for future deals. Carlton are dumb if they don't bid at 3. They're meant to be contending now. They shouldn't give their competitors a free hit.

You and Rationale? 🤣🤣

Have you ever considered applying for a recruiting job in the AFL?

Your outside the box thinking about deals and moves no one that has ever considered could be a real weapon in the right AFL team
Yeah Carlton or Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back