List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

FWIW my current draft using our first 4 picks

1. Lalor - all the noise is about him being the pick and while I take that with a grain of salt, I'm picking him here.

2. Ashcroft bid - North make Lions pay top value

3. FOS - for all the noise about Tauru I believe North hold firm and take who they see as best available.

4. Draper - Carlton miss on FOS but go with a similar type of player in Draper who'll add a dynamic mix to their midfield.

5. Smith - having missed Draper Adelaide add some class to their midfield in Smith who was the best performer of this year's class.

6. Smillie - Melbourne look to start replacing their aging midfield group by getting in Smillie who can be the centrepiece of their next generation midfield structure.

7. Armstrong - Richmond make the first KPP pick with Armstrong who can learn under Lynch for a couple of years before being handed the keys.

8 & 9. Tauru & Reid - Saints address 2 needs with Tauru replacing the departed Battle and Reid adding some class to their midfield

10. Langford - Melbourne double up on their midfield rebuild by getting Langford in. With Smillie and Langford they have their Oliver/ Petracca replacements.

11. Lombard Bid - Richmond make the Suns pay

12. Kako Bid - Now they make Essendon pay.

13 & 14. Allan & Travaglia - Richmond keep stocking up on talent this time taking Allan & Travaglia to boost the quality of our outside mids.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Posters, probably because he isn’t in the top 6.

Recruiters, because of his pace (I think it’s fine) and his off field application (at least I’ve heard on the grapevine, and suspect it has an element of truth considering he is not in the top group) not that it’s bad just isn’t up to the level of others.
I have now seen him live 3 times and was highly impressed in two games. CTL GF not so good(injured). I don’t see him as slow and his smarts are off the chart. Just reads the game and puts players into space. I’d be very happy if we could get Reid @10. Where do you think he’ll go.

1. Lalor - all the noise is about him being the pick and while I take that with a grain of salt, I'm picking him here.

3. FOS - for all the noise about Tauru I believe North hold firm and take who they see as best available.

4. Draper - Carlton miss on FOS but go with a similar type of player in Draper who'll add a dynamic mix to their midfield.

5. Smith - having missed Draper Adelaide add some class to their midfield in Smith who was the best performer of this year's class.

6. Smillie - Melbourne look to start replacing their aging midfield group by getting in Smillie who can be the centrepiece of their next generation midfield structure.

7. Armstrong - Richmond make the first KPP pick with Armstrong who can learn under Lynch for a couple of years before being handed the keys.

8 & 9. Tauru & Reid - Saints address 2 needs with Tauru replacing the departed Battle and Reid adding some class to their midfield

10. Langford - Melbourne double up on their midfield rebuild by getting Langford in. With Smillie and Langford they have their Oliver/ Petracca replacements.

12. Kako Bid - Nw they make Essendon pay.

13 & 14. Allan & Travaglia - Richmond keep stocking up on talent this time taking Allan & Travaglia to boost the quality of our outside mids.
I would love if Armstrong got to us at 7 but you would have to think with the state of Melbourne's current tall forwards / and history with them that they would go for Armstrong with their first pick? I haven't been following them closely this trade period thus far though so could be wrong.

Them trading for 5/9 then allows them to pickup the best midfielder remaining at 10, which is clearly more even/balanced/subjective than KPP stocks.

12. Kako Bid - Nw they make Essendon pay.

I’d be disappointed taking Armstrong that early. Would rather another midfielder type.

I have now seen him live 3 times and was highly impressed in two games. CTL GF not so good(injured). I don’t see him as slow and his smarts are off the chart. Just reads the game and puts players into space. I’d be very happy if we could get Reid @10. Where do you think he’ll go.

He is the best handballer in class for mine. The way he releases players into space (as you said) is Shedda like and like Shedda it gets overlooked a lot.

I also think his pace is fine but his granny dropped him a rung for me. I know he was injured early in Third and carrying something into game but I didn’t think he handled GWV physical pressure and attention in the 2nd well. He’ll learn but compared to Jagga (was it the week before or 2 weeks before?) when tagged who also struggled a bit but got through it I just couldn’t have reid ahead after that.

Dee’s are all over him apparently so I don’t think he gets past 9. It’s a shame because with Tauru they’re my sneaky favs but I don’t see a world where we get either.

He is the best handballer in class for mine. The way he releases players into space (as you said) is Shedda like and like Shedda it gets overlooked a lot.

I also think his pace is fine but his granny dropped him a rung for me. I know he was injured early in Third and carrying something into game but I didn’t think he handled GWV physical pressure and attention in the 2nd well. He’ll learn but compared to Jagga (was it the week before or 2 weeks before?) when tagged who also struggled a bit but got through it I just couldn’t have reid ahead after that.

Dee’s are all over him apparently so I don’t think he gets past 9. It’s a shame because with Tauru they’re my sneaky favs but I don’t see a world where we get either.

I think we’re going to try and trade up for 2 or 3

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back