List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Tigerbob any info on the draft? Your mail seemed reasonably accurate during the trade period.

Haven’t seen him since end of trade period. Reckon he is camping on Blair’s lawn with a placard saying “Finn O’Sullivan not matter what!”

Others could have gone backwards

Jagga went backwards? The point I was making, was why after draft combine has Jagga gone backwards and Lalor and O’Sullivan risen? Jagga had a pretty decent combine and beat FOS in 2km (just).

It would seem to me that Twomey has been chatting and observing recruiters at combine and it’s influenced his list not form. I will credit him for staying true on Langford though, don’t get it at 2 personally, happy to get him at 5 though.

I would love if Armstrong got to us at 7 but you would have to think with the state of Melbourne's current tall forwards / and history with them that they would go for Armstrong with their first pick? I haven't been following them closely this trade period thus far though so could be wrong.

Them trading for 5/9 then allows them to pickup the best midfielder remaining at 10, which is clearly more even/balanced/subjective than KPP stocks.
They have selected key forwards in the first round the past 2 drafts, and with the uncertainty of Oliver and Petracca’s future at the club can see them taking a big mid. Like a Smilie, Langford @ pick 5.

I believe the Tiges will use the first 2 selections on mids then go tall depending on who’s available when our 3rd pick rolls around.

But definitely can’t see Armstrong getting to our picks 10-11 as the saints would gobble him up quickly with one of their selections

They have selected key forwards in the first round the past 2 drafts, and with the uncertainty of Oliver and Petracca’s future at the club can see them taking a big mid. Like a Smilie, Langford @ pick 5.

I believe the Tiges will use the first 2 selections on mids then go tall depending on who’s available when our 3rd pick rolls around.

But definitely can’t see Armstrong getting to our picks 10-11 as the saints would gobble him up quickly with one of their selections
Saints fans will melt if they do that.

Guys please refrain from tagging Tigerbob.

He has taken some time away due to personal reasons.

lol FOS @ 2 behind Ashcroft.

I mean he is right, but not much has changed since his last phantom, Twomey just showing he has no conviction and just follows recruiters for his “personal rankings”.

Also has Lalor at 4 and Jagga at 5 up 2 and down 2 respectively. 🤣

Also said we might swap pick 6 & 10 for pick 2 so I think he is full of crap.

FWIW my current draft using our first 4 picks

1. Lalor - all the noise is about him being the pick and while I take that with a grain of salt, I'm picking him here.

2. Ashcroft bid - North make Lions pay top value

3. FOS - for all the noise about Tauru I believe North hold firm and take who they see as best available.

4. Draper - Carlton miss on FOS but go with a similar type of player in Draper who'll add a dynamic mix to their midfield.

5. Smith - having missed Draper Adelaide add some class to their midfield in Smith who was the best performer of this year's class.

6. Smillie - Melbourne look to start replacing their aging midfield group by getting in Smillie who can be the centrepiece of their next generation midfield structure.

7. Armstrong - Richmond make the first KPP pick with Armstrong who can learn under Lynch for a couple of years before being handed the keys.

8 & 9. Tauru & Reid - Saints address 2 needs with Tauru replacing the departed Battle and Reid adding some class to their midfield

10. Langford - Melbourne double up on their midfield rebuild by getting Langford in. With Smillie and Langford they have their Oliver/ Petracca replacements.

11. Lombard Bid - Richmond make the Suns pay

12. Kako Bid - Nw they make Essendon pay.

13 & 14. Allan & Travaglia - Richmond keep stocking up on talent this time taking Allan & Travaglia to boost the quality of our outside mids.

I don't think Armstrong is the 6th (or 7th) best player in the draft... BUT...we desperately need a key forward. It's criminal that we have been placed into such a desperate position where we have to choose a speculative Key Forward because the cupboard is already bare. This isn't even about preparing for the future any longer, its about find key forwards to step up as soon as possible because we do not even have B Grade back ups.

So, while I would much rather take another quality mid at 6/7, you might be right. We might have to go for Armstrong at that selection just to cover up a gaping wound.

Sam Lalor ticks a lot of boxes, tackles to hurt & seems competitive that takes you long way in AFL.
than you add in all the talent he has.

Too many times we have seen talented juniors not reach their ceiling because they didn't have the competitiveness.

Agree he looks a jet and a bit of can't fail pick. Worst case he becomes a very damaging for Wed. Only concern is probably his soft tissue injuries but hopefully an AFL fitness program can help fix this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From the zoo dude that’s a pretty good effort
he should be happy knowing he played a role in our dynasty

ultimate Richmond man

Haven’t seen him since end of trade period. Reckon he is camping on Blair’s lawn with a placard saying “Finn O’Sullivan not matter what!”

Jagga went backwards? The point I was making, was why after draft combine has Jagga gone backwards and Lalor and O’Sullivan risen? Jagga had a pretty decent combine and beat FOS in 2km (just).

It would seem to me that Twomey has been chatting and observing recruiters at combine and it’s influenced his list not form. I will credit him for staying true on Langford though, don’t get it at 2 personally, happy to get him at 5 though.
Imo, Langford looks the most ready and likely to play AFL footy next year. If he came to us, I reckon he could almost play every game if his body holds up.

Very physical and competitive style, and powerful runner.

Langford was my favourite for a while, though the midfield we currently have is very one paced, we need agile and quick players… like a Jagga Smith, FOS or Draper.

Also.. Langford plays good defensive footy, loves to tackle. Like Lalor, having someone in the midfield that likes to tackle the big boys is a valuable asset to have. Think Dunkley, with a crispy left foot.

Saints fans will melt if they do that.
What do Saint fans know? 😂 but truly, saints need another forward threat next to King, Armstrong would be perfect imo. They will get a top mid that ‘slides’ with the other pick so they are in a good spot.

Heard Lalor on 3AW last night, super impressive and appears a great character. He nominated his ‘great mate the Fossil’ as best in draft and feel it’s a no brainer to trade up with 6 & 18 (or 20 or 23 ideally) to pair these two. Appreciate it’s an even draft individually but can see a synergy with these 2 that will set the foundation of the club for the next decade +.
“The whole is greater than the sum of its parts…”

Heard Lalor on 3AW last night, super impressive and appears a great character. He nominated his ‘great mate the Fossil’ as best in draft and feel it’s a no brainer to trade up with 6 & 18 (or 20 or 23 ideally) to pair these two. Appreciate it’s an even draft individually but can see a synergy with these 2 that will set the foundation of the club for the next decade +.
“The whole is greater than the sum of its parts…”

That would be on par with jesus doing that stuff with the wine the foccacia and the fish

saints need mids badly, there is no way they will
Pick Armstrong

Don't know about trading up, deal would have to be in our favour and North will want it in their favour.

I was more interested to see whether the best kicks in the draft could fall our way.

Lindsay
Langford
Berry
Oliver
Gerreyn (this bloke can dob em from 60m, a real weapon)
do norf wanna take 2 kids or burn another low pick the decision is simple

Don't know about trading up, deal would have to be in our favour and North will want it in their favour.

I was more interested to see whether the best kicks in the draft could fall our way.

Lindsay
Langford
Berry
Oliver
Gerreyn (this bloke can dob em from 60m, a real weapon)

Well we’d only trade up to get 2/3 right?

FOS #1. Then who Langford? Don’t hate it

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back