List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

With Cumberland & Coulthard departing our list situation is as follows

We have 25 senior list currently signed for 2025

We have 7 Cat A rookies signed for 2025

We have to elevate 1 Cat A rookie to the senior list to meet the maximum 6 Cat A rookies

If we re-sign both Dow & McIntosh that will take us to 28 senior listed, which leaves us with 8 spots to take to the draft.
Upgrade either Young or Campbell to senior list.

Draft 6 players and get a couple of delisted guys to train with us over pre season

Kicked 4 in a final but no contested marks, brought the ball to ground but doesn't have the hands that smack the ball into his grip. You can hear it with all of the good contested marks

I think he can do it but it’s certainly not a consistent thing I’ve noticed. The two big ones vs country were probably his two most memorable.

Is it just me or is the hype around the Whitlock twins exactly the same as what we saw with the King twins?

They are all a bit light to shoulder the responsibility of being the main KPF's, too easily held off the ball or blocked, as a second KPF they're harder matchups. Give me a bullocking KPF over them every time, Hawkins, Walker and maybe a Darcy Fogarty type (is coming into his prime) I'm just not seeing the contested marking in any of the KPF's this year, I could be wrong, but just my take.
Very similar, especially with one being more the forward and the other as a key defender.

They definitely have the frame to pack on some size, but yes not huge contested grab type players. They are tall utilities. I personally haven’t put a lot of time into watching vision of them so I’m not gonna say too much, just that I could see a team with both these guys being a serious problem. And the Tigers are the only team to really have the ability to get both as it stands. Maybe GWS

I think he can do it but it’s certainly not a consistent thing I’ve noticed. The two big ones vs country were probably his two most memorable.
He can certainly be a focal point when he gets separation and really should get some contested marks. It's just with using pick 10 or 11 you'd want that as a mainstay, not something that's inconsistent.

Some of you people are in love with the Lalor, FOS combo.
Is this because Lalor plays a bit like Dusty and FOS plays a bit like Cotchin, and you want to rebuild the 2017 dreamteam?
Jason Sudeikis Yes GIF by Apple TV+

There is only one Dusty however Sam Lalor by far is the closest player I have ever seen him to him.
He even moves like Dusty out of stoppage the way he moves around players.

Fk I would be excited if we picked him. it's hard to see how we lose with the guys we are looking at number 1, I keep going back & forth with Lalor & FOS atm, Lalor probably bit more exciting & FOS a bit better developed all-round.

Very similar, especially with one being more the forward and the other as a key defender.

They definitely have the frame to pack on some size, but yes not huge contested grab type players. They are tall utilities. I personally haven’t put a lot of time into watching vision of them so I’m not gonna say too much, just that I could see a team with both these guys being a serious problem. And the Tigers are the only team to really have the ability to get both as it stands. Maybe GWS
Agreed, they would be difficult as matchups, I just don't see them as being Full forwards or Full backs, more suited to being the 2nd talls.

Need to get Joe Berry, small forwards destroyed Sydney, in the Grandfinal Ginn and the wizard cause a shit tonne of opposition headaches
Berry and Junior would be dynamite
100%

Lalor, Draper, Berry would be delicious :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe? I can see a world where Dees take Tauru at 9 and saints at 8. I think they’d prefer mids though but dees have taken risks in past and saints just lost battle, so there’s some incentive to consider Tauru at those spots. What do you think?

Personally I’d **** everyone and take him at 6 cos I’d be pissed we missed FOS at 2. But I’m all in on the highest ceilings.

I don’t think Blair will go that way, I reckon he’ll want the midfield settled as the top 6 in my book all have a pretty similar afl level floors as mids.

So if he’s there at 10 i think he’d be highly considered.

But I also just struggle to see Norf not trading 2, they’re midfields stacked and sure you could sit FOS at hff but they’re lack of young KPP is a glaring hole in their list profile. They’re not us, they won’t convince a lynch to come to their club in the future, the best bet is to draft one. Slide to 6/10 get Tauru or Armstrong if that’s the play and get a swing at the group of keys at the end of the first. We get to pick our fav two out of the top 6 and, if Blair is right on his game, get the third of top 6 to set up midfield for next 12 seasons. It’s such an obvious win for both sides in my book.

As for Reid, I don’t want to pair him with Jagga, not enough physicality in a midfield between them, think it’s one or other. But would take him at 7 otherwise. Where have you got him?
I rate Reid between 7-10. I have made it clear previously that I think Marshall is a top 7 pick and I’d like us to call him out at 10 and hope Brisbane find it too much to match. I Actually rate him on the few CTL games I’ve watched top 5.

There is only one Dusty however Sam Lalor by far is the closest player I have ever seen him to him.

Fk I would be excited if we picked him. it's hard to see how we lose with the guys we are looking at number 1, I keep going back & forth with Lalor & FOS atm, Lalor probably bit more exciting & FOS a bit better developed all-round.
I am worried about his hammy, tore it off the bone !!

It’s the number 4. Just moves the same way with a little extra spring in his step

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It’s the number 4. Just moves the same way with a little extra spring in his step

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back