List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Pick 1

• Finn O'Sullivan

• Sam Lalor

• Jagga Smith

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Similar to trading in Hopper and Taranto for 3 first rounders and a second.

Taranto I can understand a first rounder but Hopper puts the Polec and Pittard trades to shame.

Every team stuffs up. Ours stand out more seeing we've been shit since 2018.

Anyway, I still think it will end with us giving up pick 2 and future 1st(Top 4 pick) for 6,11 and one of 18/23.

Win Win for both teams and the cornerstone of the Tigers rebuild over a Two year period.

Sent from my CPH2197 using Tapatalk
You've got to be joking, Taranto and Hopper are so far ahead of Polec and Pittard that making the comparison of those trades is like comparing diamonds to dust.

There's no need for us to trade out of this years picks to gain a 4 spot upgrade, we're not as desperate for pick 2 as North is to split it. Keep 2 as far as I'm concerned.

This is a great watch on the '24 draft. Dylan Alexander knows his stuff but what about the great Lids Deledio. Big draft watcher is Brett and knows plenty. Interesting thoughts on Taj Hotton.

This is a great watch on the '24 draft. Dylan Alexander knows his stuff but what about the great Lids Deledio. Big draft watcher is Brett and knows plenty. Interesting thoughts on Taj Hotton.

fmd I cant take lids seriously 😂

Yeah they did.

But I view them trading from next years draft into this year's draft as even more reason that they might favour wanting to split their pick 5 to get an extra first rounder in 2024 and just move down a few spots in an even draft.

On SM-A528B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I can guarantee you that unless Norf go full WCE and offer the Dees a ridiculous deal they will not trade 5. They want one of the first lot of mids.

There is also zero chance of them packaging up 5&9 for 2. JT and their list management team have a policy/philosophy of bringing in two high picks together to grow and develop together.

Go watch their end of trade week video if want to hear them talk about it.

How’s the Prestia comment… not bitter at all is Brett

Taranto I can understand a first rounder but Hopper puts the Polec and Pittard trades to shame.

Anyway, I still think it will end with us giving up pick 2 and future 1st(Top 4 pick) for 6,11 and one of 18/23.

Win Win for both teams and the cornerstone of the Tigers rebuild over a Two year period.

Strange thing to say. Bit of hindsight Harry in this and also a very short term assessment.
We signed both for 7 years...

At the time of the trade the future first we did for Hopper no one ever expected it to end up being where it fell. GWS were also asking for more than what we ended up paying. It was just unfortunate that we ended up having a shocking year.
Taranto trade was fair value IMO.

Mr Magic u are a clear out n out demi God.
Your posting to like stats deserve hall of fame statice, wow 24,313 posts for 17,718 likes.
What a GOD.View attachment 2151058
true to my word

as stated before, I do not post on Bigfooty to get blow jobs

I am quite proud of that record. It is hard for people to call me a arse licker with a record like that, and I think I am pretty much a straight shooter

Last edited:
Would you do that trade if you were North???
No chance.
People seem to think that just because North have indicated they are willing to trade, that they will take unders.
If we want 2, North will only accept 6 and 10/11, at a stretch, maybe 6 and 18, but i doubt it.

It depends on how much they want Tauru and
if they plan on talking him at #2 or not. He will be there at #6. So if they don’t get any deal done for #2, they get Tauru and nothing else. So whether it’s 18, 20, 23 or 24, anything in addition to Tauru is a bonus so they’ll take unders.

So it’s Tauru and not accepting unders, or Tauru and Whitlock.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

So North have had access to the following picks in the last 4 drafts
2023 - 2, 4, 20, 22, 23
2022 - 3, 4, 26
2021 - 1, 22
2020 - 3, 13

And you're saying they still won't make it out of the bottom 4

Just how shit are you guys?

They also had LDU as a pick-4 in 2017. So 7 x top-4 picks from 2017-2023 ..?? Shows even top-end picks galore don’t guarantee a thing.

A draft party? Seriously that's embarassing. They know we finished 18th dont they?
Agree. It's a bit sad. Melbourne did something similar with the draft where they picked up Trengrove and Scully.

I just hope they don't do what Melbourne did and whisk the draftees off to this draft party to do interviews. I'm sure they want to celebrate with friends and family rather than thrown in front of a bunch of strangers they don't know.

Agree. It's a bit sad. Melbourne did something similar with the draft where they picked up Trengrove and Scully.

I just hope they don't do what Melbourne did and whisk the draftees off to this draft party to do interviews. I'm sure they want to celebrate with friends and family rather than thrown in front of a bunch of strangers they don't know.
why would strangers rock up to a draft party??

sure it would relate to club supporters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lalor, Smillie, Allan, Hotton is a great start to a rebuild.

Think that's almost a worst case scenario for us.

Only thing worse would be giving up 10/11 to upgrade 6 to 2.

1. If North hold and go mid we will get one of Draper, Smith, Langford, Smillie. ✅

2. If North trade to a team beneath us who take a mid we get one of Draper, Smith, Langford, Smillie. ✅

3. If North hold and take Tauru we get to choose between 2 of those players. ✅

4. We use 6 and a late pick to get 2 and take FOS ✅

5. We use 6 and 10 or 11 to get 2 and take FOS. ❌

If it’s 2 for 6 and 20, I think I’m in

I want fos

There I said it

has us taking jagga at 2

richoatthedisco on suicide watch

It was #8 and #31 for Hopper, Kaleb Smith and Steely Green. A lot of water to go under the bridge before we make final judgement on that trade.

Why wouldn’t Norf just pick best available at 2 and then trade mids for talls next year? Trade out mids sick of losing, trade in talls wanting to get overpaid.
they are picking their best available probably, they just think they can get him at 6. North believe their is method in their madness and usually North are not to bad at the draft because they have to draft with a weaker hand at trade/FA table

just because their pick might be off kilter to some, does not mean it is not necessarily their own best available

why would strangers rock up to a draft party??

sure it would relate to club supporters
Do you know what a stranger is? In short, it is someone you don't know.

Unless if they met and know these supporters previously, then they are strangers to the draftees.

Not sure why you'd expect the draftees know the supporters attending just because the club selected them a few hours ago.

fmd I cant take lids seriously 😂
afl prestia GIF by 7Sport

Credit where it's due, the big #3 slots the sealer.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Back