List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Pick 1

• Finn O'Sullivan

• Sam Lalor

• Jagga Smith

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I think that only failed because GC wanted to get the other deals done. They'd have been better trading it for the North pick.

We lose one of them but gain FOS and a gun next year.

I think given it still leaves us 7 picks this year we likely trade up with 2 of the picks if we like someone.

Leaves us 6 x ND, rookie draft pick 1 to take slider and an SSP slot.
It still shows how keen they are to get back in this year, and that they can't get a pick better than 11.

Just spoke to a kid who plays gippsland power, reckons Jagga is by the best player in the draft and way better than fos and lalor. Was going on abt him being a freak player and good kid. He also mentioned Levi Ashcroft being overrated and being extremely arrogant

If we get picks 1 & 2 I’m convinced Jagga will be one of those picks.

I just don’t think you overlook kids who dominate at every level they’ve played, including 50 disposals in a game followed by 40+ the next week, then dominance at VFL level against men. Not to mention crazy leadership qualities and head clearly screwed on. He’s Nick Daicos with more courage and hardness but a bit less polish.

As the saying goes “If people keep showing you who they are, believe them”.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It still shows how keen they are to get back in this year, and that they can't get a pick better than 11.
Definitely.

Also that North pick could be used for Cadman if we are successful targeting him then who cares if it's 3 or 7.

North board in full denial of 6&11 for 2 and F1.

I’ve been reading their board a bit recently because I’m insane. If they don’t like a mock draft — like the ESPN one — they write it off as ‘written by a Richmond supporter’, despite Jespah being a bomber, and if they don’t like mail such as today’s they just write it off as completely false, or again, ‘written by a Richmond supporter’.

But when Tom Morris on radio hypothetically mentions 6 & 10 for 2, they take it as gospel and spend the following week spending 6 & 10 like they already have them.

I went and read there board to my god they are a bunch of savages over there fixated on there crazy draft tendencies.

I my self mentioned yesterday 6&10 for 2 & F1 is fair and Roos supporters laughed at my comment on here.

I don’t think north will be as shit next years as most people think. I reckon we can see some other clubs finally fall down the ladder and north rise a bit.

so we knocked back 10 and Baker for 3, we ended up with 14 for Baker

So 14 > 3-10, 1161 >2234-1395, 1161 > 839, 322 points, we knocked back 3 and made 322 points by taking 14 instead.

We are now offered

2 +F1 for 6+11,
2517+ ( pick8 2025 ) 1443 =
3960 - ( 1751+1329 ) = 880

That's if nth finish 9th 2025

Not often you trade up and make the equiv of pick 20

But that is why this draft is so unique, top 3 picks are undervalued, and mid first round picks are overvalued
In a historical draft context

If nth finish second last
2 + F1 for 6 +11,
2517 + ( Pick 2 2025 ) 2481 =
5098 - ( 1751 + 1329 ) = 2018

That's pick 5

How can you not love this deal? Absolute worst case if North finish 9th it’s 11 and 6 for 10 and 2.

Best case it’s 11 and 6 for 2 & 1.

North will make finals with the umps sucking them off if we have their pick & they'll be bottom 3 if they hold it.

North board in full denial of 6&11 for 2 and F1.

I’ve been reading their board a bit recently because I’m insane. If they don’t like a mock draft — like the ESPN one — they write it off as ‘written by a Richmond supporter’, despite Jespah being a bomber, and if they don’t like mail such as today’s they just write it off as completely false, or again, ‘written by a Richmond supporter’.

But when Tom Morris on radio hypothetically mentions 6 & 10 for 2, they take it as gospel and spend the following week spending 6 & 10 like they already have them.

Best one I saw was 10 + 11 + 23 for 2 + F2. I still cant figure out the logic. Roos F2 is going to lower next year than 23 in a weaker draft??

I also like that they’re convinced dees and saints are also in play for pick 2 giving them leverage over us or will at least take F1 for 8 or 9. Nothing in the media and basically nothing on Dees/Saints boards seem to indicate they have any interest in trading up or trading out of this draft. Mostly its trading down with GWS.

I just don’t think Norfs F1 has the value their fans think it has. I agree it’s a top pick, but Saints and Dees want talent now, not in 12 months. The only real options imo are Freo wanting a pick for Warner next year, but given they were desperate to hold a pick in this draft seems far fetched or GWS with 15,16 or 21.

But how low a pick is Norf willing to accept for F1? And if they’re willing to take 15/16 for F1 what are other clubs willing to pay to get back into this draft?

Rawlings/Clarko ****ed them bad gutting their draft hand. Their young KPP cupboard is pretty bare (2 younger than 26). Yes so is ours, but we have a shit tonne of picks and year 1 of rebuild not year 5.

This is the draft they could have taken a few cracks at finding one, waiting 12 more months doesn’t help and it’s unlikely they’ll ever get one via FA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we get picks 1 & 2 I’m convinced Jagga will be one of those picks.

I just don’t think you overlook kids who dominate at every level they’ve played, including 50 disposals in a game followed by 40+ the next week, then dominance at VFL level against men. Not to mention crazy leadership qualities and head clearly screwed on. He’s Nick Daicos with more courage and hardness but a bit less polish.

As the saying goes “If people keep showing you who they are, believe them”.

If we wanted Jagga we would have swapped Baker and 11 for 3.

6 and 11 for 2 and F1 is a great deal for us. Norf aren't finishing above 11th next year, even that is highly unlikely.

Worst case it's 6 and 11 for 2 and 8, best case it's 6 and 11 for 2 and 2.

Do It Episode 3 GIF by Star Wars

Reckon we only look at F1 if its well and truly on our terms.

If I were a betting man I still think it ends up being 6 & 18 for 2 with a late 25 pick coming back.

Who wrote that article? Did anyone willingly put their name to it?

I said yesterday it’s fair and I still think it is. North are desperate to get in this draft with more picks. If they hadn’t spent 25 on Caleb Daniel we’d be talking about pick 6,10 & 20 for norths pick 2,25 & F1. They would have had 3 picks we get 2 back and a future 1st but they screwed that.

In Normal Years where the draft has reasonable depth the trading of Draft Picks to secure a higher pick may be a reasonable strategy to undertake. In a draft where the talent has huge depth the trading of early draft picks is fraught with danger. It is not unreasonable where any player in the top fifteen will out do the number one pick. By trading up to Pick two foregoing two early draft picks actually makes Draft Pick 2 higher than Draft Pick 1 because of the depth of quality in this draft. Best Strategy is simply to take what we have on hand !
Lots of assumption here. Doing a trade here would mitigate the risk, should the draft not be as good as most are suggesting.

I went and read there board to my god they are a bunch of savages over there fixated on there crazy draft tendencies.

I my self mentioned yesterday 6&10 for 2 & F1 is fair and Roos supporters laughed at my comment on here.

I don’t think north will be as shit next years as most people think. I reckon we can see some other clubs finally fall down the ladder and north rise a bit.

Who will they better than? Us and WCE for sure.

Essendon, Dees, Crows and GC will at worst be as good as Norf and really GC and crow should be better. The rest of the league isn’t obviously getting worse.

Maybe Hawks regress with a harder draw?

How can you not love this deal? Absolute worst case if North finish 9th it’s 11 and 6 for 10 and 2.

Best case it’s 11 and 6 for 2 & 1.

I’ve come around on it more and think it’s a good deal for us. I just despise Norf, handout kings of the afl that sook and whinge without adding any value to the comp. That they didn’t end up in Tassie was typical incompetence from AFL house and now we will have a 19 team comp in an already broken fixture. At least GC and GWS grow the sport and offer broadcast value.

I also wanted to go in without lube tbh.

Who will they better than? Us and WCE for sure.

Essendon, Dees, Crows and GC will at worst be as good as Norf and really GC and crow should be better. The rest of the league isn’t obviously getting worse.

Maybe Hawks regress with a harder draw?

North gain experience in older players and have better guidance especially former premiership players. The kids get older body’s fill out more. I think north will finish anywhere from 16th-10th range I wouldn’t be surprised if it is 10th. I actually think last year they got close multiple times. Looked pretty dangerous at times. Definitely won’t explode like hawks but I do see an improvement. But the way there supporters act they will finish 17th.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Back