List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Pick 1

• Finn O'Sullivan

• Sam Lalor

• Jagga Smith

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

6 and 11 for 2 and F1 is a great deal for us. Norf aren't finishing above 11th next year, even that is highly unlikely.

Worst case it's 6 and 11 for 2 and 8, best case it's 6 and 11 for 2 and 2.

Do It Episode 3 GIF by Star Wars
Best case pick 1 next year!

The fact that everyone agrees that 6+11 for 2+F1 is a win for us means that I just can't see it happening. Reckon they'd be better off getting tauru (if that's who they want) at 2 then hang onto F1 and go hard for a trade target next year
Can anyone see North getting out of the bottom 6 next year They would be absolutely nuts to give up their F1. Unless they have some secret deal with head office to get even more draft assistance

I dont see the hate of "compromised drafts"
Basically those players linked to academy's and FS's arnt in a draft and clubs just pay using draft picks to land them.
Kinda. If they are working as intended, those players are only in the draft pool because of the academys. So really the available pool is the same with or without the academys and the benefits.

You could even see it as having a larger selection since teams like Gold Coast trade out instead of picking up someone at 6 this year.

FS are different. Those guys are going to be in the pool regardless. Ashcroft is someone removed from our choice at 1 and the flow on effect means we have less to pick from in all our later picks.

Sadly, this is correct. Lids was all about Lids and the club culture changed completely when he left. Most of the younger players in the team at the time had never even spoken to him. He had his close 'older' friends but was never a leader; in fact he was very divisive. When he left Cotchin, Jack and Rance felt they could actually stand up and not be undermined by him.

He was always a star but, him selfishly leaving the club was the making of the side and the culture that took us to three flags
The clubs culture completely changing was nothing to do with Lids being there or not. Absolutely rubbish to be spouting this bs.

There was also nothing selfish about him leaving. He played 12 seasons for Richmond for 3 total finals games and 0 finals wins and only left after it was looking like he would end his career with no finals success at Richmond like every other Richmond player of the last 30 years.

Supporters like you are selfish af.

First off, just wanted to say, RIP Chris Toce. A wonderful human who cared deeply for our club and will be a massive loss for not only just our recruiting efforts but his nature and the person he was to all whom met him.

Thanks tigs2010 for providing my rankings. Think this will be it now as most of the heavy lifting has been done. Unless something happens out of the ordinary.
  1. Finn O’Sullivan
  2. Sam Lalor
  3. Alix Tauru
  4. Levi Ashcroft
  5. Harvey Langford
  6. Jagga Smith
  7. Sid Draper
  8. Josh Smilie
  9. Leo Lombard
  10. Xavier Lindsay
  11. Taj Hotton
  12. Murphy Reid
  13. Harry Armstrong
  14. Joe Berry
  15. Isaac Kako
  16. Bo Allan
  17. Tobie Travaglia
  18. Ollie Hannaford
  19. Jack Whitlock
  20. Jesse Dattoli
The top two haven’t changed for me for a while. It’s pretty much as close as you can get, I just favour the overall ability of FOS and have done for a while but it’s minuscule between the two. Lalor will be our first pick in the draft. Can pretty much take it to the bank. He’s a wonderful leader, is very driven to be the best and has a large scope to get better as he will be in an AFL environment. His raw ability is unique and I’m very confident he will be a match winner.

Tauru has flown up my rankings. I’ve explained to some that after Champs I did a lot of research on him and watched tapes and then watched his games. He’s probably the guy who could be the best athlete and player in it. North are right to pin hopes on him. He isn’t a leader (as yet) and is very very raw in a lot of ways but I do project him to be a huge player. James Sicily but with better athletic traits.

It’s a very even draft to be honest and if you look at rankings you might say well how is he so low? Or how is he too high? For a lot of this draft class, you could have them a lot different without much argument from me.

One other comment I’ll make is I do love Ollie Hannaford and Jesse Dattoli and with a bit more work and tape viewing they could easily be even higher. The other thing is the top 20 to top 35 is close as well. So a lot of players that would feel unlucky not being in here in the top 20 but I can’t fit them all in (isn’t that right tigs2010)

We will get a good player at any top 24 pick we have. I’ve said for months, we have got a situation for us which has been the perfect storm.

Trust Blair to get it right. Trade with North will favour us. Ignore the noise. Also having Frank involved with the power of work Chris and others have done, we are ready. This is an exciting time for our footy club.

It’s year one of our process. Blair has the pieces of the puzzle ready to go and is playing in a different world to most. The club don’t expect to be down for years and there’s planning involved to rise pretty quickly. We are smartly cashed up and ready to launch again.

I think I’ll be absent from the boards for a period here and there but you know any questions to my rankings (it is a ranking in my opinion not a mock draft) yell out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can anyone see North getting out of the bottom 6 next year They would be absolutely nuts to give up their F1. Unless they have some secret deal with head office to get even more draft assistance
They're a good chance to. That midfield isn't going to get any worse.

First off, just wanted to say, RIP Chris Toce. A wonderful human who cared deeply for our club and will be a massive loss for not only just our recruiting efforts but his nature and the person he was to all whom met him.

Thanks tigs2010 for providing my rankings. Think this will be it now as most of the heavy lifting has been done. Unless something happens out of the ordinary.
  1. Finn O’Sullivan
  2. Sam Lalor
  3. Alix Tauru
  4. Levi Ashcroft
  5. Harvey Langford
  6. Jagga Smith
  7. Sid Draper
  8. Josh Smilie
  9. Leo Lombard
  10. Xavier Lindsay
  11. Taj Hotton
  12. Murphy Reid
  13. Harry Armstrong
  14. Joe Berry
  15. Isaac Kako
  16. Bo Allan
  17. Tobie Travaglia
  18. Ollie Hannaford
  19. Jack Whitlock
  20. Jesse Dattoli
The top two haven’t changed for me for a while. It’s pretty much as close as you can get, I just favour the overall ability of FOS and have done for a while but it’s minuscule between the two. Lalor will be our first pick in the draft. Can pretty much take it to the bank. He’s a wonderful leader, is very driven to be the best and has a large scope to get better as he will be in an AFL environment. His raw ability is unique and I’m very confident he will be a match winner.

Tauru has flown up my rankings. I’ve explained to some that after Champs I did a lot of research on him and watched tapes and then watched his games. He’s probably the guy who could be the best athlete and player in it. North are right to pin hopes on him. He isn’t a leader (as yet) and is very very raw in a lot of ways but I do project him to be a huge player. James Sicily but with better athletic traits.

It’s a very even draft to be honest and if you look at rankings you might say well how is he so low? Or how is he too high? For a lot of this draft class, you could have them a lot different without much argument from me.

One other comment I’ll make is I do love Ollie Hannaford and Jesse Dattoli and with a bit more work and tape viewing they could easily be even higher. The other thing is the top 20 to top 35 is close as well. So a lot of players that would feel unlucky not being in here in the top 20 but I can’t fit them all in (isn’t that right tigs2010)

We will get a good player at any top 24 pick we have. I’ve said for months, we have got a situation for us which has been the perfect storm.

Trust Blair to get it right. Trade with North will favour us. Ignore the noise. Also having Frank involved with the power of work Chris and others have done, we are ready. This is an exciting time for our footy club.

It’s year one of our process. Blair has the pieces of the puzzle ready to go and is playing in a different world to most. The club don’t expect to be down for years and there’s planning involved to rise pretty quickly. We are smartly cashed up and ready to launch again.

I think I’ll be absent from the boards for a period here and there but you know any questions to my rankings (it is a ranking in my opinion not a mock draft) yell out.
Nice one, Bob. I like your board, which is no surprise given you and I are the best judges here. ;)

1. Finn O’Sullivan
  2. Sam Lalor
  3. Alix Tauru
  4. Levi Ashcroft
  5. Harvey Langford
  6. Jagga Smith
  7. Sid Draper
  8. Josh Smilie
  9. Leo Lombard
  10. Xavier Lindsay
  11. Taj Hotton
  12. Murphy Reid
  13. Harry Armstrong
  14. Joe Berry
  15. Isaac Kako
  16. Bo Allan
  17. Tobie Travaglia
  18. Ollie Hannaford
  19. Jack Whitlock
  20. Jesse Dattoli

Good list and whoever we get in this deep draft it will stand us in great shape for the years to come.
I would not be trading up for pick 2 as there is so much quality in the draft.
If we can get the following with a selections I think would be covering a few holes;
Langford, Smillie, Allan, Shanahan, Hynes, Dobson, Hannaford & trade to next year first round

1. Finn O’Sullivan
  2. Sam Lalor
  3. Alix Tauru
  4. Levi Ashcroft
  5. Harvey Langford
  6. Jagga Smith
  7. Sid Draper
  8. Josh Smilie
  9. Leo Lombard
  10. Xavier Lindsay
  11. Taj Hotton
  12. Murphy Reid
  13. Harry Armstrong
  14. Joe Berry
  15. Isaac Kako
  16. Bo Allan
  17. Tobie Travaglia
  18. Ollie Hannaford
  19. Jack Whitlock
  20. Jesse Dattoli

Would be very happy with FOS, Lalor, Lindsay, Hannaford, J.Whitlock +1

Source: Herald Sun

Much intrigue remains over whether Richmond and North Melbourne will do a deal which could land the Tigers the first two picks in this year’s national draft.

It is believed that the Kangaroos are open to trading pick two and a future first-round selection to Richmond, in exchange for picks six and 11 in this year’s draft.

Such a deal would still leave the Tigers with seven early selections this year — at picks 1, 2, 10, 19, 20, 23 and 24 — along with two first-round picks next year.

Sorry everyone I'm in Perth and we are 3 hours behind in life.

But I'm taking this deal 100% even if North finish 12th and it's so much better than the shit I was reading of picks 6, 10 & 11 FFS

North fans are probably melting and so they should but if they really want decent picks in this year's draft, then that's the price.

Sorry everyone I'm in Perth and we are 3 hours behind in life.

But I'm taking this deal 100% even if North finish 12th and it's so much better than the shit I was reading of picks 6, 10 & 11 FFS

North fans are probably melting and so they should but if they really want decent picks in this year's draft, then that's the price.

What you getting up at 10am what kind of life you have

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Back