List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Pick 1

• Finn O'Sullivan

• Sam Lalor

• Jagga Smith

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hahahaha 😂 I was just reading the north board and they are talking themselves into wanting to pick Jagga at pick 2 as if they don’t already have enough midfielders. These fans have been through enough send em to the mental institute
A number of posters have been mentioning the Norf board so I ventured over there out of interest.
They are next level deluded in what they think we should give up for pick 2, no doubt, but we would be the same if it was the other way around. Some of them are saying keep 2 and select the best mid, but that’s not what their list is screaming out for imo.

We are very fortunate to have Blair as our List Manager as he has held strong and strategically traded us into a very sound draft, albeit with a bit of good fortune with good players wanting to leave us at the right time and choosing clubs with great draft capital. He did, however, manage to load up on future picks at last years draft to position us to at least trade for a first in this draft, which we did manage to get from the Lions.
As far as Norf go, they have a List Manager that has done the opposite and managed to trade OUT of this very sound draft to acquire older mature players, who are not even difference makers, again imo. They are now in a position where they have to trade pick 2 to buy an additional decent pick in this draft upcoming. Very very poor strategy as it gives the buyers of pick 2 most of the negotiating power, as Rawlings has to sell to get what he seeks. I’d be filthy as a Norf supporter.

If he refuses to accept what we offer, I reckon walk away but make it known we will select Tauru at 6, as I think he’s very worthy of being drafted at that point. In saying that, I reckon the deal outlined in the HS will be done in the end, as I cannot see the Dees trading up to 2, as they’d have to give up 5 and 9. And Aints early pick is 7, and we hold the pick immediately before, which is a risk for us taking the player they want.
I’m not fussed whether we trade for 2 or not, either way, we will be very strong participants in this draft and will in time fly past other sides as we rise up the ladder again. We are building from a better base than Hawthorn and will have so much cap space to add decent players in areas of need.

forgeting the main man Dusty I see

In 2017 it was proven there are different ways to go about it

We don’t play that 2019 GF without Lynch Prelim. Jack was out the majority of 2019 with injury where big Tom carried the load.

Or are you forgetting these things?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

Assuming we keep all our first rounders and say trade our first pick on night two to the highest bidder, I reckon we should consider taking Tauru at 6.We are then a chance Smilie is still there at 10. If not still plenty of mid options at 10 and 11 eg Reid , Lindsay, Allan , Hotton together with Travaglia.

We don’t play that 2019 GF without Lynch Prelim. Jack was out the majority of 2019 with injury where big Tom carried the load.

And not for one moment am I stating that Cadman will have the impact Lynch did. Just have an absolute dearth of KPF talent on our list. We were kissed on the dick with how well Jack turned out for us.

But there is a very very very big hole once Lynch leaves. We saw that last year.

One of my mates who has followed under 18s really closely and an opinion I value does not rate the Whitlock twins at all. Reckons come senior level they will be exposed.
rule number 1 in drafting along with never take a tall at number 1

never draft twins

would we take picks 5 and 9 from Melbourne if they offered it to us for pick 1?

Same value (almost) as pick 2 for 6 and 11...
No. We need a game breaker which we will get at 1.

North are different to us they have drafted a lot of mids and need a tall. Having said that I'd probably still just take FOS if I were them. Their bigger issue was trading 25 where they could have got a KPP.

I dunno this fascination with Cadman

Just reckon we're at rock bottom, need to invest in the draft and continue to attack it aggressively rather than trade picks for talent.

We need to focus on player development and giving a core group of youth 100 games together with experienced heads.

I don't think cadman fits with that, but by 2026, the draft will be compromised by tassie, so maybe worth trading picks if we can hit 2024 and 2025 really aggressively and cadman is at a great age profile

Cadman fits perfectly because KPs take longer to develop. If no one shows up as our next FF in 2025 we should make a play for him.

Our next core group is going to be age between 18 (this draft) and 22 (2020 draft). Cadman fits right in that group if he doesn’t completely flop in 2025.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you are saying Lynch carried the team??

Doubt it.

Lynch played a role. He deserved his contribution I think you are overplaying it. How do you know a similar result amy have taken place with a slightly different combination?

You seem dependent on a certain way, like Dimma before he freed them up more

would we take picks 5 and 9 from Melbourne if they offered it to us for pick 1?

Same value (almost) as pick 2 for 6 and 11...
Who do you think Melbourne would want?

that would mean we take 5, 6, 9, 10 and 11 as well as the others to the draft

Look I would seriously consider it, really seriously

People need to comprehend we. have time on our side, we can shape a team how they evolve and develop, despite Tassie coming in, can't expect us to be chasing premierships in three years anyway

it would be spicey given how "even this draft is"

Picks 5,6,9,10,11,18,20,23,24

but the idea of the number one pick is good marketing for what will be a ass year next year
Who do you think Melbourne would want?

that would mean we take 5, 6, 9, 10 and 11 as well as the others to the draft

Look I would seriously consider it, really seriously

People need to comprehend we. have time on our side, we can shape a team how they evolve and develop, despite Tassie coming in, can't expect us to be chasing premierships in three years anyway
i reckon they go Lalor who is Pretracca 2.0

I would only trade 10 & 11 to Nth for pick 2 & future 1st.
Nth may want Tauru but they also want 2 high draft picks this year.
They may miss out on him but still get high quality talent with 10 & 11.
Richmond really do not need to get pick 2.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

No. We need a game breaker which we will get at 1.

North are different to us they have drafted a lot of mids and need a tall. Having said that I'd probably still just take FOS if I were them. Their bigger issue was trading 25 where they could have got a KPP.

From a list building perspective I reckon walking out of the draft with Tauru and Armstrong is just about a perfect outcome for Norf.

It’s like nfl, if there is a run on quarter backs and you’ve got yours, then you get your pick of the best receivers.

Their midfield and ruck are built, they need talls, when everyone else in the top 10 is focused on mids (only us, saints and dees might target Tauru but not before a mid) they zag and get the pick of talls.

It took GWS ages to work out that drafting the best mids every year just leads to a circle of draft mid, play on flanks, trade to other club for 1st round pick and start again.

At some point the value of draft picks drops for a team when they’ve got a position completely covered, and every year at the top there are more mids. Talls have far greater variance if they’ll be at the top, so imo it’s better to consolidate assets to build and balance your list and team profile over just more of the same.

If they draft Tauru at 2 this year and Armstrong equivalent at 2-5 next year they’re just doing what they could do this year but 12 months later. Plus unlike us, they’ll never get a star tall in trade or fa.

I dunno this fascination with Cadman

Just reckon we're at rock bottom, need to invest in the draft and continue to attack it aggressively rather than trade picks for talent.

We need to focus on player development and giving a core group of youth 100 games together with experienced heads.

I don't think cadman fits with that, but by 2026, the draft will be compromised by tassie, so maybe worth trading picks if we can hit 2024 and 2025 really aggressively and cadman is at a great age profile
Yep invest in draft and see where we are in 4years then strike at ready mades. Just pointless looking short term when realistically we won't be anywhere near a premiership for 6years assuming they nail the drafts now .

you think lalor is better than having both Armstrong and Langford?

So if jagga slides

We would have Jagga(M), Langford(HF), Armstrong (FF) Trav (HB) and Trainor (FB)

that would be the spine done in one draft... Its interesting you would have to admit but the internet is about extremes its either F Yess or F Nooo

From a list building perspective I reckon walking out of the draft with Tauru and Armstrong is just about a perfect outcome for Norf.

It’s like nfl, if there is a run on quarter backs and you’ve got yours, then you get your pick of the best receivers.

Their midfield and ruck are built, they need talls, when everyone else in the top 10 is focused on mids (only us, saints and dees might target Tauru but not before a mid) they zag and get the pick of talls.

It took GWS ages to work out that drafting the best mids every year just leads to a circle of draft mid, play on flanks, trade to other club for 1st round pick and start again.

At some point the value of draft picks drops for a team when they’ve got a position completely covered, and every year at the top there are more mids. Talls have far greater variance if they’ll be at the top, so imo it’s better to consolidate assets to build and balance your list and team profile over just more of the same.

If they draft Tauru at 2 this year and Armstrong equivalent at 2-5 next year they’re just doing what they could do this year but 12 months later. Plus unlike us, they’ll never get a star tall in trade or fa.
you reckon melbourne won't pick Armstrong given they want to win now and it takes 3 years to build a key FF?

Harley Reid ,?
Think we are hitching ourselves to Lalor for that offensive midfielder/forward role.

On the flipside once we have Cadman (2022) Lalor (2024), Sharp or whoever (2025) we will only be missing Reid.

Gotta Catch Em All GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Back