List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Pick 1

• Finn O'Sullivan

• Sam Lalor

• Jagga Smith

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

At the risk of sounding like someone who likes telling people what he said earlier...

as I said earlier:

They tried and failed to sell their F1 for pick 13, so 11 for their F1 is a big win for them and offsets the perceived 'loss' of 2 for 6, which is no loss because they'll get the bloke they wanted anyway.

It looks in our favour but works for both clubs, which is probably why Norf suggested it.

We'd probably prefer to keep pick 11 than get their F1 tbh, but it might be a compromise if they don't agree to 6 + 18/20/23.
6 and 24 for 2 or they pick Tauru at 2, simples

Got to give something to get something

It’s our new Cotchin vs our new Rance. You can decide what’s more valuable to you but can’t have both.

Plus we’ve got Gibcus, at least we have some hope in our backline, our midfield is barren.
FOS is not Cotchin and Gibcus looking more like a forward, especially with the hammies

I agree there might be more. To me comes down to if the sweetener for Brady to make the deal is getting his KPF 12 months early or will he push for that pick back.

If I don’t think about the pick number and just think Norf have spent 2 firsts on their high flying intercepting KPD and strong marking, good kicking KPF it makes sense. Especially when they’ve spent 4 first round picks in 2 previous drafts on mids it makes a lot of sense.

The bonus is you bring them in together, which is something I like about JT at the dees philosophy of bringing in 2 highly rated kids together so they bond and grow together.

To me, to balance their list I think if they walk away with Tauru and Armstrong/Shanahan they’ve solved two of their biggest list problems,, they’ve had to overpay as it’s a sellers market plus they are expediting a solution to one of their balance problems by 12 months. It’s certainly not a diabolical list decision by Brady, it’s an overpay for some good long term fixes but it’ll get shit canned by north fans and media because of the perceived value of the picks.
Personally i think if NorF & Richmond do a deal for #2 there could be some agreement in place that if there is the player that NorF rate at #10 / #11 still available on the board we will facilitate a trade for their F1

e.g #2 for #6 + #20
Then If Armstrong / Trainor is still available #11 for F1 could be done

So #2 + F1 for #6 + #11 + #20

Personally i think if NorF & Richmond do a deal for #2 there could be some agreement in place that if there is the player that NorF rate at #10 / #11 still available on the board we will facilitate a trade for their F1

e.g #2 for #6 + #20
Then If Armstrong / Trainor is still available #11 for F1 could be done

So #2 + F1 for #6 + #11 + #20
why would RFC sell the farm???

like Blair throwing pick 32 in the bin!!!

You are really underselling Blair. They are desperate to get back into this draft imo, we are not willing sellers at any cost. We will see who blinks first, but I’m tipping it won’t be Blair. I’m sure that he’s more than happy with what we’ve got, and have no real need to trade for 2. If they ask too much, we will go to the draft with what we’ve got, and instead of getting probably FOS, we will get an alternate highly rated mid, and that’s fine by me. Lalor and Jagga, Langford, Smillie? Pretty decent outcome for me.
Their pick is no doubt a good pick to hold, but they need talls, and using pick 2 on that type in this draft is not sensible drafting for the list they have. Their supporters say we will just use it. My response, go ahead but it will be your only pick in a very strong draft. Their only other chance is to trade their F1, but no clubs going to pay much for that, as first rounders in this draft are gold. 6 & 11 is more than decent in this draft, if they won’t take that, walk away. I’m sure if the shoe was on the other foot, they would do exactly the same (& rightly so)
Exactly,

Lalor lovers can be happy we pick him at one, pick 2, meh

At the risk of sounding like someone who likes telling people what he said earlier...

as I said earlier:

They tried and failed to sell their F1 for pick 13, so 11 for their F1 is a big win for them and offsets the perceived 'loss' of 2 for 6, which is no loss because they'll get the bloke they wanted anyway.

It looks in our favour but works for both clubs, which is probably why Norf suggested it.

We'd probably prefer to keep pick 11 than get their F1 tbh, but it might be a compromise if they don't agree to 6 + 18/20/23.

I know you don’t like it… you ****ing love it 🤣

It’s not ideal to lose 11, but come next year and we’ve watched 12 months of Lalor and FOS in yellow and black and we stomp into the draft with 2 top 3 picks (we’ll def top 10, very likely top 5 and a decent chance of top 3) we won’t be worried about our lost pick 11. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Then, why has their F1 been dragged into the discussions for pick 2? I’d say we’ve told them no to 6 & 10 for pick 2, offer say 6 & 23, and they’ve countered by trying to include the pick they couldn’t get rid of for anything decent during trade period. I’m just hazarding a guess at what may have transpired.
Like I said, Rawlings seems desperate to get more picks in this draft, as it’s a strong draft and contains players they could really use. I think he will blink
hundred percent, why has North's f1 been dragged in for pick 2? North can dictate the outcome of their future first next year far more than us

no need for RFC to exit the 2024 wheelhouse but North are desperate for Tauru and Trainor most likely, including creating a supposed counter balance in 2025

as I said earlier:

Did you really say that earlier? ;)

I look at that trade like it's too good to be true, but once it's broken down to the players involved then it makes sense.

I look at it this way, we trade pick 6 into next year for a pick around that range, which means that 11 gets upgraded to 2 at no cost, hence the feeling of it being too good to be true.

Another way of looking at it is by placing myself in the shoes of the negotiators, Rawlings opening gambit (and I reckon the question came from North first) was 2 for 6 & 11, Blair's response, yeah, pick 2 is handy but we can only offer 6 & 23. The ball is now in Rawlings court and they'd be saying amongst themselves that we need 6 & 11 as that gets us our desired players (a shot at them at least) So how do we upgrade 23 to 11? We expect to get a few more wins so our F1 isn't as valuable so let's use that as the key to break the impasse.

I know I'm not telling you anything new here, because you've probably said it before;) More laying it out for others to get a handle on things, which most probably have anyway.

I look at that trade like it's too good to be true, but once it's broken down to the players involved then it makes sense.

I look at it this way, we trade pick 6 into next year for a pick around that range, which means that 11 gets upgraded to 2 at no cost, hence the feeling of it being too good to be true.

Another way of looking at it is by placing myself in the shoes of the negotiators, Rawlings opening gambit (and I reckon the question came from North first) was 2 for 6 & 11, Blair's response, yeah, pick 2 is handy but we can only offer 6 & 23. The ball is now in Rawlings court and they'd be saying amongst themselves that we need 6 & 11 as that gets us our desired players (a shot at them at least) So how do we upgrade 23 to 11? We expect to get a few more wins so our F1 isn't as valuable so let's use that as the key to break the impasse.

I know I'm not telling you anything new here, because you've probably said it before;) More laying it out for others to get a handle on things, which most probably have anyway.
it is a cost because players in 2025 compared to 2024 are different and the pick is only a entitlement to access certain players

6 will not be 6 in 2025, lot of early bidding projected for Gold Coast and other bids

North have stuffed themselves, they ought to give us something juicy to come back to us but can't because trading players is over and they only have picks in a shallow, blown out bidding draft in 2025

The only reason they are trading is to slide but only enough to get Tauru but not further down
It will be #2 for #6 plus something like #18/#20-#23 but must include #6

We either take it or leave it
I would be ok with #6 + #11 + F2 for #2 + F1

But they can already pick him at 2. So it's not really about making sure they get Tauru, it's about dealing themselves into another 1st round pick. Hence their F1 being on the market.

They have precisely two realistic buyers. Us and GWS.

Use 2, and 16 from GWS.
Trade 10 and 11 from us.
Pick Tauru at 2 and let a gun go to waste.
Pick FOS at 2 and a live with a dysfunctional forward line.

Let them pick Tauru at 2, it's actually better for us.

Last edited:

You see i think the negotiations would have worked out a little differently

North would have tabled their F1 first as they were trying to trade it during trade period to GC for #13
mainly due to Houston initially but once he said no they still wanted to trade the F1 into this year
They accept they wont get a top 10 and have decided to see if they can include it in the #2 negotiations and would have asked for #6+#10+#11 and Blair quickly made it known that that wouldnt work even if Brady used his nose as part of the rimming process and blair would have said #2 for #6 + #11

They will come back with a revised deal and Blair will counter offer

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Back