List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Pick 1

• Finn O'Sullivan

• Sam Lalor

• Jagga Smith

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I think North would walk away if you think that is the middle ground.

Either way both teams will get a gun at 1 and 2 and North keeps a top 4 pick next year.

Probable the most sensible thing to happen.

Sent from my SM-A156E using Tapatalk
Norf would have to have a pretty abrupt about face to walk away from their own offer.

Draper has had a very interrupted 2024 season
He came into the Nationals underdone having played very little football in the first half of the season due to stress fractures in the shin and chronic pars defect in his back..
What he was able to do in the SANFL in the latter half of the season is easily as good as any other top 10 prospect.

Whoever gets this kid is getting a jet.
Draper is dynamite , want him at 2 , his burst out of stoppages and run and carry is what we need desperately, don't know why we aren't into him
He won't go past the crows pick at 4 imo.

Thats just the way people are and believe they can extract even more blood from that stone

I would be extremely surprised if the suggested deal is as it was reported and there would be more from Richmond going back to North. Why would NorF so easily cave and give up #2 + F1 for #6 + #11

I do believe NorF will improve next year and win between 7-9/10 games with a very easy draft that will include 2 games against Richmond , Eagles , Saints , Bombers ,Suns & Deamons /Crows
They have some mature players now and we wont see a 50 point lead given up like 2024

Their F1 will be valued around pick #13-#14 in this years draft which teams are looking to get back into
Will that be sufficient to justify a slide from #2 - #6 in this years draft ? I hope so but somehow i doubt it and the NorF board wouldnt allow it even if Brady wanted to get it done.

As you said its a gift horse that we would be crazy not to accept as it serves 2 purposes
  • Gets us to #2 to take FOS & Lalor
  • Gives us a chance to get another top 5-7 pick in 2025

We should also be looking to get Essendons 1st rounder with a later pick if we can and have 3 x 1st rounders in 2025

But most footy fans want the sugar hit now and the rebuild fast tracked but it will be a 4/5 Year Rebuild

It is North that are trying to deal themselves into the 1st round. The only logical sellers are us and GWS.

By all means North can deal with GWS and take pick 2 and 15 to the draft. If they think that's better than 6 and 11 then by all means they can do it. We can always deal with Essendon if we want to trade into next year.

Worst case for us we don't deal with them and have to choose from (presumably) Langford or Smilie at 6.

The mooted veto from the North board is hot air. They have few options and no capital.

2 and 15
6 and 11 (or maybe 10 if we are generous)
Sit tight and take pick 2.

Which one are you doing?

Last edited:

It would be derelict of the RFC list mgmt team to not obtain pick 2 and F1 from North while you have picks to do so.

On the other hand it would be derelict of the North list mgmt team to hand over 2 and F1 for only 6 & 11.

Each supporter group feels like they have to shaft the other team.

Will be interesting to see if a middle ground can be found by the list mgmt teams.

Sent from my CPH2197 using Tapatalk
Not sure how you feel Mate but I think Rawlings has put your team in a horrible position. Pick 2 is great, but next pick is 62!!! In a deep and even draft. With a big need for talls, in a draft that has a few decent ones.
Yep, can trade F1 for sure, but every club is invested in this years draft and will be very reluctant to trade a first rounder for that F1. A few clubs have already traded out of next year, hello Blues Hawks and Dees, to get into this years first round so I don’t think you’ll get a better return than what Richmond are supposedly considering for it.
Hopefully, both clubs can work it out as it will benefit both our clubs if something can be agreed upon. But I have to say, the tigers hold the whip hand at this point, trying to look at the situation objectively

Last edited:
It is North that are trying to deal themselves into the 1st round. The only logical sellers are us and GWS.

By all means North can deal with GWS and take pick 2 and 15 to the draft. If they think that's better than 6 and 11 then by all means they can do it. We can always deal with Essendon if we want to trade into next year.

Worst case for us we don't deal with them and have to choose from (presumably) Langford or Smilie at 6.

The mooted veto from the North board is hot air. They have few options and no capital.

2 and 15
6 and 11 (or maybe 10 if we are generous)
Sit tight and take pick 2.

Which one are you doing?
6 and 10 is lunacy of Jack Bowes region., 6 and 11 only slightly better.

One is really talking of 6 and 24

6 + 11 for 2 and a most likely future top 5 pick is a good deal for us surely. They say next year is not as strong but you’d imagine of the top 5/6 players next year… they’re gonna be good.

I want lalor, and we get a choice of any of the next best (fos for me)
Hotton at 10 for a pacey mid/forward
We can get shanahan later, possibly a trainor, maybe a hannaford who knows.

Essendon will be asking every club after the kako bid to try and trade in, hopefully no one bites until our pick 23/24.

We get these guys in, and if one of 23 or 24 are traded into next year that’s 7 first round picks instead of 8 but who we rate the 2 best in one of those drafts. No brainer for me

The best option for NorF is if they can some how convince melbourne to trade out their 1st rounders
#5 + #9 for #2 + F1 but not sure Melbourne would be interested in that

Norf would take Tauru & Armstrong but that leaves Melbourne with only 1 selection in this years draft pick #2 and they would be wanting 2 bites of the cherry and perfectly placed

6 + 11 for 2 and a most likely future top 5 pick is a good deal for us surely. They say next year is not as strong but you’d imagine of the top 5/6 players next year… they’re gonna be good.

I want lalor, and we get a choice of any of the next best (fos for me)
Hotton at 10 for a pacey mid/forward
We can get shanahan later, possibly a trainor, maybe a hannaford who knows.

Essendon will be asking every club after the kako bid to try and trade in, hopefully no one bites until our pick 23/24.

We get these guys in, and if one of 23 or 24 are traded into next year that’s 7 first round picks instead of 8 but who we rate the 2 best in one of those drafts. No brainer for me
If the NorF deal doesnt eventuate i wouldnt mind trading #11 for #15 + #21
Gives us #18 , #20 , #21 , #23 , #24

We could use #1 , #6 , #10 on Mids & #15 & #18 on KPF taking 5 players and trade out the picks we want after into 2025

(Log in to remove this ad.)

6 and 10 is lunacy of Jack Bowes region., 6 and 11 only slightly better.

One is really talking of 6 and 24

I used to think that way until I realized that GWS have a decent hand to play.

North can just trade their F1 with GWS and go to the draft with 2 and 15.

Unless you are talking of doing a straight swap 2 for 6 & 24?

Our good culture has been ruined for years mate oze made sure all remnants have been destroyed.

Our good culture was ruined in 2020 when our coach cheated on his wife and everyone was put under pressure in isolation because of a so-called dangerous virus.

Yze has the job of rebuilding it and he was never going to achieve that with some of the players that are now gone. The players left are all part of the good culture and the younger blokes need to create their own club culture. I don’t think we’ll be drafting any flogs!

Norf would have to have a pretty abrupt about face to walk away from their own offer.

I don’t think Norf fans are grasping it is their club desperate to get back into the early part of the draft in a more substantial way after giving pick 25 for a 150cm player.

We aren’t budging unless deal is favourable for us.

I don’t think Norf fans are grasping it is their club desperate to get back into the early part of the draft in a more substantial way after giving pick 25 for a 150cm player.

Fox Sports article today
"a genuine possibility they trade with North Melbourne for Pick 2. The Herald Sun reported recently North Melbourne is open to offering Pick 2 and a future first-rounder in exchange for Richmond’s Picks 6 and 11"

if you can't believe what you read on the internet, what can you believe? ;)

How I'd go about maximizing our draft hand over next 2 years.

2024: 1, 6, 10, 11, 18, 20, 23, 24

2025: 1, 19, 55

Trade 6 & 11 for North 2 & 2025 R1

2024: 1, 2, 10, 19, 20, 23, 24

2025: 1, North R1, 19, 55

After Essendon match a bid for Kako, offer our next available R1 (pick 11 for example) pick for Melbournes 2025 R1 pick(I believe they could finish below Essendon in 2025) & Essendons next available 2024 (40 or 46) depending on what they need to match Kako.

2024: 1, 2, 18, 20, 23, 24, 40/46

2025: 1, North R1, Melbourne R1, 19, 55

By doing this we split our haul across 2 drafts and give ourselves contract flexibility, as the CBA states that any player drafted inside the top 18 is signed to a minimum 3 year deal, while those outside the top 18 are signed to a minimum 2 year deal.

What that would mean is that picks 1 & 2 this year would be on 3 year deals and picks 18, 20, 23, 24 & 40/46 would all be on 2 year deals as they will fall outside the 3 year window. It would then mean that our 3 R1 picks next year would be on 3 year deals and 19 & 55 would be on 2 years.

Breakdown:
2024: 1 & 2 signed until 2027
2024: 18, 20, 23, 24, 40/46 signed until 2026
2025: 1, North R1, Dees R1 signed until 2028
2025: 19 & 55 signed until 2027

The question that would need to be asked by our recruiters/list management team would be is it worth moving 10 & 11 (possibly 13 & 14 after bids) from this year for possibly 1 x top 5 & 1 x top 10 or 2 x 5-10 range next year.
You weren't going too bad until you had us trading 11 for Dons or Dees F1's

23 and even moreso 24 (1st pick 2nd night) will generate F1's, if we want to trade them out.

Blair has said, more than once, that this draft is worth trading into, would be silly just to trade out of it again just for the sake of contractual balance.

And nor should we. We have the draft capital they crave, if they want it, they have to pay overs for it.

Our good culture was ruined in 2020 when our coach cheated on his wife and everyone was put under pressure in isolation because of a so-called dangerous virus.

Yze has the job of rebuilding it and he was never going to achieve that with some of the players that are now gone. The players left are all part of the good culture and the younger blokes need to create their own club culture. I don’t think we’ll be drafting any flogs!
The culture of the clubs is fine , we’re light on for emerging talent , there’s a difference

They could have kept 25 and got a very handy player, but maybe the plan for them all along was to split pick 2.

Clarko, much like Dimma (good mates) have made it patently obvious that they want experience injected into their sides, they've either said it or intimated it many times. I have a feeling that Clarko demanded that his recruiters get Darling, Parker and Daniel, nothing else makes sense. You could probably throw McQualter in with this lot too, why else would WCE split pick 3?

Draper is dynamite , want him at 2 , his burst out of stoppages and run and carry is what we need desperately, don't know why we aren't into him
He won't go past the crows pick at 4 imo.
Agreed. As a pure mid he’s as good as anyone.
Ticks all the boxes apart from not being a Vic
As a 17 yr old tested and ran a 2.9 20m . Debuted in the SANFL . Was an AA.
24 was an interrupted season for him. But still blitzed at SANFL level on heavy grounds that didn’t necessarily suit his game.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Back