List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Pick 1

• Finn O'Sullivan

• Sam Lalor

• Jagga Smith

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Pick 18 (21) is on the cusp of the top 2 tiers of players.
Top Tier 1-7 Lalor, FOS, Jagga, Draper, Langford, Ashcroft, Smillie
Second Tier 8-18 Reid, Lombard, Lindsay, Travaglia, Armstrong, Trainor, Kako, Berry, Hotton, Allan, Tauru

A group of players could land into the second tier based on how clubs rate them.
Hynes, Dobson, Shannahan, Dattoli, Jack Whitlock

Therefore picks 18/20/23 would have appeal for clubs after a particular player. Even pick 24 would have a lot of interest as is the first pick in night 2 of the draft.
Sure it will have appeal, but IMO it won't be to the point where clubs are throwing away possible top 10 picks next year

Sure it will have appeal, but IMO it won't be to the point where clubs are throwing away possible top 10 picks next year
We'd just use these great picks in a deep draft in that case. We are in a no lose situation. Someone will offer overs though. Only takes 1 club to fall in love with 1 player.

Also wouldn't hurt for people to remember we are the house. It is like when you want foreign currency at the airport. They are the house, so they set the exchange rate. Some imbecile like me always wants foreign currency.
Just because we're the house it doesn't mean that clubs will pay our asking price.

Can someone explain why the Roos would want to ditch pick one from next year? It makes no sense. On Dyl and friends pod someone mentioned next year is good for tall players (not sure if true?), why would they want to weaken themselves next year?

I can understand wanting to slide to pick 6 and pick up something between their first two picks but why would they trade F1?????

We'd just use these great picks in a deep draft in that case. We are in a no lose situation. Someone will offer overs though. Only takes 1 club to fall in love with 1 player.
I get that we can't lose, I just don't see other clubs coughing up what posters are wanting for our late picks.

Morro has filled the quota of dweebs with shit opinions already.
That's actually really mean.

Jack Black Hurt Feelings GIF by Disney+

Can someone explain why the Roos would want to ditch pick one from next year? It makes no sense. On Dyl and friends pod someone mentioned next year is good for tall players (not sure if true?), why would they want to weaken themselves next year?

I can understand wanting to slide to pick 6 and pick up something between their first two picks but why would they trade F1?????
Couple of rucks & a KPF, maybe a KPD. They may want to grab them now and kick start the development a year early given talls take time and they're already a couple of years in with their mids and LDU & Larkey are 25/26 already and will be 30ish by time a 2025 KPF starts to hit their straps.

Rumoured deal definitely feels like its missing a piece from our side though.

Makes no sense but no one wants out of this draft, and they want more 1st round picks. Pick 2 alone isn't going to do it, will only let them drop down the order and get a later pick but they aren't getting another top 10 pick for it no matter what their fans keep trying to tell us.

A F1st packaged with pick 2 maybe be enough to get them 2 decent picks in this draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just because we're the house it doesn't mean that clubs will pay our asking price.

When people are in the business of making apple pies, they gotta buy fresh apples. When you own most of the fresh apples, they gotta buy them from you, at your price. You are the house.

Different if there are loads of people selling fresh apples in the market and only one main buyer, then they would be the house.

We are the house, we control the market. If any club is in a hurry to cash in their flag window, they come to us. If any club is sick of being bottom 4 and wants players in & developing ASAP, they come to us. If any club rates a player who slides, they come to us. If someone thinks they have the next Max Holmes, they come to us. Because we are the house.

You just need to get used to the idea of being the house RT. ;)

When people are in the business of making apple pies, they gotta buy fresh apples. When you own most of the fresh apples, they gotta buy them from you, at your price. You are the house.

Different if there are loads of people selling fresh apples in the market and only one main buyer, then they would be the house.

We are the house, we control the market. If any club is in a hurry to cash in their flag window, they come to us. If any club is sick of being bottom 4 and wants players in & developing ASAP, they come to us. If any club rates a player who slides, they come to us. If someone thinks they have the next Max Holmes, they come to us. Because we are the house.

I reckon we'll end up with quite a different draft hand that what we have now. Hopefully good picks this year, and F1s and F2s next year.

End up with more good picks over a couple of years.

Then we can buy draft picks next year with $ and 2nd rounders.

lots of motivated buyers and one seller who needs to be motivated.

I reckon we'll end up with quite a different draft hand that what we have now. Hopefully good picks this year, and F1s and F2s next year.

End up with more good picks over a couple of years.

Then we can buy draft picks next year with $ and 2nd rounders.

lots of motivated buyers and one seller who needs to be motivated.

If we walk to the draft with picks 1, 2 & 10 then I'll be happy. Our later picks I don't mind what happens as long as we take at least 5 kids overall in this draft and have at least an extra first rounder for 2025.

What if they have an apple tree in their back yard ?
GC / GWS and NorF PP

If I had a penny for the amount of times I've seen someone say that this is a deep draft...
Pick 1 and 2 gives us control of our own destiny. I'm sure there will be someone there at 6 that we rate, I'm not disputing that. I've read hundreds of comments regarding this debate of whether to trade up or not but I've yet to see someone formulate a better argument than being able to take the top 2 names on our draft board whilst also having the flexibility to bid on an Ashcroft at 2 if we want to, to make sure Brisbane pay.

The top 2 names in all likelihood are Lalor and FOS who happen to be best mates and will never want to leave.
People also say "oh but pick 2 could end up being a flop". As could any other pick.

If this mooted deal with North is true, we could go two straight years having two picks within the top 5 which greatly increases our chances of snagging an absolute star or two.
If we have a clear-cut 1-2 (e.g O’Sullivan Lalor) then trading up makes complete sense. But what if we, for example, have a clear no.1 followed by a very even rating of the next bunch. In that case it’d make sense to keep our current hand and package some of our latter picks to the highest bidder; perhaps Essendon as they hold the Dees future 1st along with their own. North could easily finish around the same mark as the Dees, Dons next year. Anyway I guess the depth of the draft will be determined by what clubs are willing to pay to buy in. In any scenario I’d be surprised if we traded out 10 or 11 as Blair in his most recent presser reiterated how even this draft is. Gonna be fascinating to see how it pans out

If we have a clear-cut 1-2 (e.g O’Sullivan Lalor) then trading up makes complete sense. But what if we, for example, have a clear no.1 followed by a very even rating of the next bunch. In that case it’d make sense to keep our current hand and package some of our latter picks to the highest bidder; perhaps Essendon as they hold the Dees future 1st along with their own. North could easily finish around the same mark as the Dees, Dons next year. Anyway I guess the depth of the draft will be determined by what clubs are willing to pay to buy in. In any scenario I’d be surprised if we traded out 10 or 11 as Blair in his most recent presser reiterated how even this draft is. Gonna be fascinating to see how it pans out

I think the club reckon Smillie is just as good a chance to make it as FOS .

SO if that is true, why give up a first round draft pick ?

coz you cant fit 10 top 10 pick midfielders into 3 spots each week. PLus they need talls
I know full & well what North are after but if you believe the hype about FOS, they have him in the palm of their hand right now.
They can trade next years 1st on its own and still get a pick that gets them a good tall.

I do find it interesting that your reasoning has to do with North's midfield conundrum yet FOS plays more as a half forward which is where he is
most dangerous.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Back