List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Pick 1

• Finn O'Sullivan

• Sam Lalor

• Jagga Smith

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the club reckon Smillie is just as good a chance to make it as FOS .

SO if that is true, why give up a first round draft pick ?
Exactly and why risk trading 11 into a very compromised academy draft next year, where we could be getting the 6-7th player and not the 3rd-4th, the picks around the 20 are the only ones I’d consider going into next year. Our pick 11 this year will be playing from round one almost and we’d lose a year of development and a chance at a player who may slide also.

There's only 4 teams holding picks in the range that will tempt a trade out for a Dons F1

GWS: 15,16,21 (covered above)
Dogs: 17 (it's their only pick and highly unlikely to trade out)
Swans: 19, 22 (reckon they'd be trying to bundle and trade up, not move a pick out)
Tigers: 18, 20, 23, 24 ( the only club that could offer a pick before GWS's 21)

Now you've made me want to trade out pick 10 for Swans 19&22 so we can get prime time tiggy time for the punt rd
Watch party.

Have 18,19,20,22,23,24... take the full 5 mins for each pick, eat some monte carlos and maybe ask for an extension on 1 or 2 picks 😂😂😂

It's all about needs at Tigerland. While the best draft pick playa is nice sometimes we have to be smarter...
Need mids that are big and strong and extract the footy for our first use.
Need mids that are big and strong and can offer a contest at that first bounce of the footy.
Lalor and Smillie...

why risk trading 11 into a very compromised academy draft next year
Because the pick we get will be within the top 5... Plus pick 1 or 2 that we will get for our finishing position. It might just be me but I'd prefer if we are selecting players from the pointy end of a draft.

If it's HR doing the training, you skip through til the end then pick answers to the quiz. Then see which ones you got wrong and redo it until you get 100%. Then submit your final score and watch the system fail. Do it all again and snip the final score then watch it fail again. Then send in the snip to HR for them to ignore.

Rinse and repeat until training is complete.

If it is face to face, good luck. Bring a pillow and lose your critical facilities. (Although I did an indigenous course that was really good. Because the instructor was great). If it is based on positive psychology accept that you can ignore reality and just make things better by smiling and wishing the crap away.

Enjoy your 6 week break and try to accept that modern day work behaviours are like the old ones, just with more passive aggression and jargon.
It was a gag I'm just on normal every day 6 week holiday

We'd just use these great picks in a deep draft in that case. We are in a no lose situation. Someone will offer overs though. Only takes 1 club to fall in love with 1 player.
Dodson might just be that player
crows may come calling big time

I think the club reckon Smillie is just as good a chance to make it as FOS .

SO if that is true, why give up a first round draft pick ?
In our position, wouldn't you just prefer we picked the top 2 players we have on our draft board? Why are we happy to compromise for someone that may not be as good?
Why leave it up to chance?

If we have a clear-cut 1-2 (e.g O’Sullivan Lalor) then trading up makes complete sense. But what if we, for example, have a clear no.1 followed by a very even rating of the next bunch. In that case it’d make sense to keep our current hand and package some of our latter picks to the highest bidder; perhaps Essendon as they hold the Dees future 1st along with their own. North could easily finish around the same mark as the Dees, Dons next year. Anyway I guess the depth of the draft will be determined by what clubs are willing to pay to buy in. In any scenario I’d be surprised if we traded out 10 or 11 as Blair in his most recent presser reiterated how even this draft is. Gonna be fascinating to see how it pans out
Bolded part.
On our draft board there's still going to be someone sitting in that number 2 spot so why are we willing to compromise on a lesser player?
We finished last. We lost our best 2 players who had the most X factor and star quality but yet you are willing to compromise for someone who we don't rate at pick 2 just because it might be "close"?

Talk me through it because I flat out just don't understand.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we have a clear-cut 1-2 (e.g O’Sullivan Lalor) then trading up makes complete sense. But what if we, for example, have a clear no.1 followed by a very even rating of the next bunch. In that case it’d make sense to keep our current hand and package some of our latter picks to the highest bidder; perhaps Essendon as they hold the Dees future 1st along with their own. North could easily finish around the same mark as the Dees, Dons next year. Anyway I guess the depth of the draft will be determined by what clubs are willing to pay to buy in. In any scenario I’d be surprised if we traded out 10 or 11 as Blair in his most recent presser reiterated how even this draft is. Gonna be fascinating to see how it pans out
This is 100% spot on and in reality none of us here know what we will do. But as ive mentioned before we are in a ****ing good spot. If we think its worth it to trade up and nab FOS aswell then we feel its worth it. If we dont and stick at 6 it tells you we think that its that even we are happy with who we get at 6.

Having so many picks in a super deep draft just allows us to go an cherry pick who we want when. Draft night trading could go bonkers for us.

I want Lalor and FOS but am totally comfortable if they pass on FOS and go with whoever is available at 6

Happy days just wish the draft was closer already

In our position, wouldn't you just prefer we picked the top 2 players we have on our draft board? Why are we happy to compromise for someone that may not be as good?
Why leave it up to chance?
The player we might have rated 2 on our draft board could be Smillie / Reid

We are all automatically presuming its Lalor , FOS , Jagga , Draper at 1 - 2 - 3 - 4

the thing is this draft is a bit different with 4 tiers
1st tier 1-7 players
2nd tier 8 - 14/15
3rd 15- 30/35
4th 35+

Different teams could rate certain players very differently

What if they have an apple tree in their back yard ?
GC / GWS and NorF PP

If they don't want apples they can gagf. But they might need more apples, or different apples, or smaller denomination apples, or apples at a different date. In which case they come to you, because if you hold the biggest & most varied apple bank, you are the house. When you are the house you aim to satisfy your clientele....so long as they satisfy you. :moustache:

And right now, we are the house. :cool:

Because the pick we get will be within the top 5... Plus pick 1 or 2 that we will get for our finishing position. It might just be me but I'd prefer if we are selecting players from the pointy end of a draft.

Agree with this & what I think we will see happen.

1/ Trade up to Pick 2 and also receive North F1 (~2-6 next year). We will give up 6&11 and likely something else as a sweetener.

2/ Bid of Kako will come around 11-13 IMO. They'll match and then trade for our 18 which I think they'll use for Shanahan.

Leaves us with:
2024- Picks 1,2,10,20,23,24
2025- something like picks 1,5,9,19 (could realistically be 1,2,5)

10 players with 6x top 10 picks over the space of 2 years.

Hopefully that returns us; Lalor, FOS, Lindsay, Trainor, Faull, Hannaford

The player we might have rated 2 on our draft board could be Smillie / Reid

We are all automatically presuming its Lalor , FOS , Jagga , Draper at 1 - 2 - 3 - 4

the thing is this draft is a bit different with 4 tiers
1st tier 1-7 players
2nd tier 8 - 14/15
3rd 15- 30/35
4th 35+

Different teams could rate certain players very differently
You're 100% right but I'm willing to wager that it's not just a coincidence that FOS is being talked about as the player we would target if we traded up to 2.
If it's someone else come draft night, I'll go back in the thread and find your post and profusely apologise.

Pretty confident I won't have to though.

If they don't want apples they can gagf. But they might need more apples, or different apples, or smaller denomination apples, or apples at a different date. In which case they come to you, because if you hold the biggest & most varied apple bank, you are the house. When you are the house you aim to satisfy your clientele....so long as they satisfy you. :moustache:

But where can we store all these apples ?
They do rot and you could get stuck with Rotten Apples

6 & 18 for 2 & F2 and we all move on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’m offering 6 & 18 for 2 and a F1.

If they get a better offer, let them take it. We can get a future first rounder with our later picks.

Do we want Pick 2? Yeah it would be nice as we have two players rated so closely at Pick 1 & 2. So getting our best players on our board is lovely. But on our terms.

North have openly shown they are needing to get into this draft with more picks. Ideally, two first rounders.

As I’ve said. We lose 6 we need to maintain 10 & 11 due to talent at those selections. They are draft shaping picks. 1, 2, 10, 11, 20 & 23 at this draft and moving 24 to next year would give us three first rounders next year.

That’s ideal for us.

You're 100% right but I'm willing to wager that it's not just a coincidence that FOS is being talked about as the player we would target if we traded up to 2.
If it's someone else come draft night, I'll go back in the thread and find your post and profusely apologise.

Pretty confident I won't have to though.
There could be a chance this is media hype about FOS / LALOR that has just snow balled through the media and forums

Richmond may internally rate Langford Higher than FOS or Lalor ?
Richmond's board could easily look like
1.Jagga
2.Langford
3.FOS
4.Reid
5.Lalor
6.Armstrong

Who knows ?
But we are in a very very strong position

But where can we store all these apples ?
They do rot and you could get stuck with Rotten Apples

Not to worry Gun. If you get stuck with too many apples you just make your own apple pies & go into the apple pie business safe in the knowledge your main competitor doesn't have sufficient apples. Because they didn't buy apples from you, and you are the house.

Fank thuck you are not sitting in Blair's position. Blair knows how to be the house. :)

Ah yes, I remember now...these are The Cider House Rules right ?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Back