List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Pick 1

• Finn O'Sullivan

• Sam Lalor

• Jagga Smith

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

There seems to be a lot of very good players available at all of our picks in the 2024 draft. Damn.

So our default position should always be we take the picks this year. Having that default position makes us the house. If someone wants any of those picks, they need to be giving us clear reasons to pass up our favoured player and instead sell them the pick.

Because we are the house, clubs will be coming to us with clear reasons to hand them a valuable pick so they can get a player they really like into their club in 2024. Their are no fair deals here. That moment has passed. We have a virtual monopoly. We are the house. We take our 8 picks at the draft. Or we end up with a position that is clearly better than that. Those are the only two outcomes that should be possible here. Not maybe better, not a good chance to be better, IS better, end of. Don't bitch, don't grumble, don't negotiate. Pay the price we ask or say hello to the door. We are the house. :)
1730104828450.gif

Lalor & Langford/Smillie/Jagga + whoever we pick at 11, maybe Xavier Lindsay?

If we could get Lalor, Langford and Lindsay, then fluckin "L"
I think we can get Lindsay with 12,13,14 via trades with Freo or West Coast or Port

Port is especially interesting

they have 13, 29 and 36

we could trade two of our twenty picks for 13 and 29 or 36 and say you have a pick likely to get Dobson while we get 13 and pick up a Lindsay or whoever that might be there

Saints being keen on Tauru really helps the pick swap with North. Would need to secure pick 6 if they want to trade down.
Yeah i lurked on their board and they want him at 9. Of course, their recruiters may see otherwise.

North are trying to have their cake and eat it too (getting two picks this year).

If that's what they want, they deal with us.

Chargers, vic country and academy and futures. Not sure about Xavier. But there is footage of him online buddy. I’m not concerned on 18 touches this year especially injury riddled. He’s a gun, he’s a hard worker can play outside/inside, major threat inside 50. Creates score involvements. Will take 1-2 years to get going but will be an extremely damaging midfielder. Think Isaac Heeney where every possession is crucial.
I agree with most of this especially the inside 50 threat but the question stands, name the game he was dominant at the centre bounce.
As you stated, there is footage of him online buddy.

And just for some clarity from my side, I've had FOS going at 1 from his U16 days as did most.

Just a little food for thought given you mentioned Heeney, what pick was he taken at?

Interesting that Dylan Alexander, who is clearly the best of the draft youtubers, points out in that video that Norf is in the weaker bargaining position re the pick 2 trade - basically what some of us have been saying. And he's a Norf supporter.

I agree with most of this especially the inside 50 threat but the question stands, name the game he was dominant at the centre bounce.
As you stated, there is footage of him online buddy.

And just for some clarity from my side, I've had FOS going at 1 from his U16 days as did most.

Just a little food for thought given you mentioned Heeney, what pick was he taken at?

His under 16 days and when he was 17 is the reason why he is so far up the board and the number 1 favourite. The season he had was just riddled with small injuries and playing with injuries to.

Isaac Heeney was pick 18 I think. But I dare say he would have been top 5 but since he was academy I don’t think any club dared to bid on him at the time.

I certainly do not feel convinced that we should be trading up into the draft at the expense of turning multiple early picks into one. The talented midfielders in this draft are plentiful; if we don't get one, we'll get another. With more early picks we have more chance of getting a great midfielder. Given the evenness of this draft and that there is not true standouts, we're just as likely to get a great midfielder at 6 as 2, plus we keep all our early picks.

I am happy to trade out our picks in the 20 for R1 picks next year but we shouldn't touch picks 1,6,10,11 or 18 imho.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Dees need mids and are keen on Langford.
I know there were other guys playing that day, but the game we sent half the club to watch Langford a ruse? Has to be in our thinking you’d reckon.

I still suspect the goal is 3 of the first 6 live picks, but precisely no mail on that

Are the saints really keen on Tauru though ?

If they aren’t they are going to leak they are, or not, maybe.

Be major posturing by clubs right now, leaking information to the draftees direct. Families, girlfriends or whoever listens will be blabbering left right and centre.

That’s why Twomeys draft a day before is all I’ll believe. Even then there will be games draft day.

Interesting that Dylan Alexander, who is clearly the best of the draft youtubers, points out in that video that Norf is in the weaker bargaining position re the pick 2 trade - basically what some of us have been saying. And he's a Norf supporter.

He also said he wished he was a Richmond supporter

Out of Interest How does NorF end up with #2 , #15 , #16 ?

There is no way on earth that GWS trade out #15 + #16 for NorF's F1
2 reasons and 1st is GWS actually are trying to move up the pick's they have into a top 10 pick
2nd Even if they do the F1 is only worth 1 of the 2 picks

* I would actually see what we could do with GWS as a trade for #10 for #15 + #16
You need a holiday

I know there were other guys playing that day, but the game we sent half the club to watch Langford a ruse? Has to be in our thinking you’d reckon.

I still suspect the goal is 3 of the first 6 live picks, but precisely no mail on that

If we wanted 3 of the first 6 we would have traded for WCE pick 3.

We may or may not go for 2, but any move to 2 is because we didn’t think who we wanted makes it to 3.

Yep, trashing a 21 year old kid is pretty poor form. He’s a Richmond listed player that surely we all want to see succeed? He’s got one more year left on his contract and I’m sure he knows he has to perform. From what I’ve read, he’s spending his off season training with Taranto, so that’s a positive already.
Don’t understand why fellow supporters have to be so dismissive and resort to ridiculing their own teams players.
I’m all for him having a good go this year but I do understand supporters being dismissive of him as he has not seemed to progress at an acceptable level. Players that promise a lot but fail to consistently deliver become identified as list cloggers. Probably his last year to have a breakout and he’ll need to get it done early.

Just because North have been shit for 5 years doesn't mean they remain shit. Every chance they climb out of the bottom 6 if they get on a run and don't cough up games like they did this year.
Bombers being waiting 20yrs to win a final.
5ys is nothing

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Back