List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Pick 1

• Finn O'Sullivan

• Sam Lalor

• Jagga Smith

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

1 and 6 is a bloody good hand. Gets us two of FOS, Lalor, Smith, Smillie, Draper, Langford.
Technically that's right. More accurately it gets us one of FOS and Lalor, and one of the other four.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/subscribe/news/1/?sourceCode=HSWEB_WRE170_a_GGL&dest=https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/afl-draft-2024-levi-ashcroft-on-motivation-big-moments-and-the-prospect-of-being-a-no-1-pick/news-story/a26080add1f088fa5bfa255bd9ff6b74&memtype=anonymous&mode=premium&v21=GROUPA-Segment-1-NOSCORE

Why would we entertain this unless there was a chance of him coming to us?

Could it be manager Shenanggans trying to strong-arm Richmond in delivering their client a number 1 pick. This mean deals and great PR for both Levi and the lions.

I would be dumb founded we bid on him at 1 given it says to Lalor or FOS we dont rate you as highly as Levi....
Maybe copy paste so we can see what it says

Maybe copy paste so we can see what it says
It's not worth reading. Essentially a puff piece on Levi Ashcroft.
We were going to speak to him at the draft combine apparently but he missed it due to shoulder issues.
They claim we want to talk to him in the event that we want to bid on him.

Nothing else interesting.

It's not worth reading. Essentially a puff piece on Levi Ashcroft.
We were going to speak to him at the draft combine apparently but he missed it due to shoulder issues.
They claim we want to talk to him in the event that we want to bid on him.

Nothing else interesting.
Just bid on him for being s d ~ck

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/subscribe/news/1/?sourceCode=HSWEB_WRE170_a_GGL&dest=https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/afl-draft-2024-levi-ashcroft-on-motivation-big-moments-and-the-prospect-of-being-a-no-1-pick/news-story/a26080add1f088fa5bfa255bd9ff6b74&memtype=anonymous&mode=premium&v21=GROUPA-Segment-1-NOSCORE

Could it be manager Shenanggans trying to strong-arm Richmond in delivering their client a number 1 pick. This mean deals and great PR for both Levi and the lions.

I would be dumb founded we bid on him at 1 given it says to Lalor or FOS we dont rate you as highly as Levi....
No chance we bid on Levi with pick 1. Pick 2 (if we have it) possibly, but still unlikely IMO.

Out of Interest How does NorF end up with #2 , #15 , #16 ?

There is no way on earth that GWS trade out #15 + #16 for NorF's F1
2 reasons and 1st is GWS actually are trying to move up the pick's they have into a top 10 pick
2nd Even if they do the F1 is only worth 1 of the 2 picks

* I would actually see what we could do with GWS as a trade for #10 for #15 + #16

Hello old friend

Just checking in to make sure you are ok.

The post above seems panicked.

It’s almost over 👍

Hello old friend

Just checking in to make sure you are ok.

The post above seems panicked.

It’s almost over 👍
Why panicked ?

We have 8 picks ...............

Im glad your around its more fun when we have visitors around to like our great ideas and variations with all the options we have this draft period.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/subscr...ous&mode=premium&v21=GROUPA-Segment-1-NOSCORE

We should bid on Ashcroft at pick 1 because he should be the highest rated player in this draft. He absolutely dominated the CTL finals and his very similar brother just won a Norm Smith. He is the lowest risk player with the best form.

We stupidly let Brisbane bend us over in the trade for pick 20 but now we have a chance to at least make them pay a fair price in the draft. A bid on Ashcroft at pick 1 almost certainly means they have to trade their future first or risk having it drop to late in the 2nd round when they match the Marshall bid.

On your last comment, I don’t think either Lalor or FOS have a right to expect to be pick 1. I’d be very concerned if a player was upset with not being taken at pick 1. Pick 1’s are notoriously under performers in the scheme of things and I’m not in the business of telling a kid we think you’re a superstar when they haven’t even touched the ball at AFL level. I also don’t care about the money joke for pick 1, if they’re good enough they’ll earn the money by simply being a club champion. That $10k will take about an hour to earn in Richmond merchandise sales once they become one of our stars.

I may be completely wrong but I believe if North bid on Daicos and/or Darcy at pick 1, JHF would still be a North player.

Still find it odd North would be so transparent that everyone supposedly knows they must have Tauru. A few months ago it was Trainor, and those concussion issues didn’t appear overnight

Maybe we’re all guessing.

Guess or not, they have too many midfielders so it is unlikely they would draft another at pick 2 with the only exception being Lalor. It could be part of the reason we are keen on Lalor at pick 1. If North know we’ll take Lalor they may be happier to trade out pick 2.

There seems to be a lot of very good players available at all of our picks in the 2024 draft. Damn.

So our default position should always be we take the picks this year. Having that default position makes us the house. If someone wants any of those picks, they need to be giving us clear reasons to pass up our favoured player and instead sell them the pick.

Because we are the house, clubs will be coming to us with clear reasons to hand them a valuable pick so they can get a player they really like into their club in 2024. Their are no fair deals here. That moment has passed. We have a virtual monopoly. We are the house. We take our 8 picks at the draft. Or we end up with a position that is clearly better than that. Those are the only two outcomes that should be possible here. Not maybe better, not a good chance to be better, IS better, end of. Don't bitch, don't grumble, don't negotiate. Pay the price we ask or say hello to the door. We are the house. :)
I just don't see club handing over the value you're expecting for our late R1 picks, which isn't a bad thing as well get quality players in that range. Where we can cash in is the picks in the 6-11 range, but it seems people are too scared to pull the trigger on doing that.
You really do have an issue with people having an opinion that is different to yours don't you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Back