List Mgmt. 2024 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I think both should go. Keath is no longer in the best 22 and we have enough back up. JJ has played 28 games in 3 years, he's consistently injured and is 33 at the end of next year. It's time to move on.

Smith, Macrae, Garcia, Rypstra, Keath, JJ and Bedendo is 7. I think you could easily pay out one or both of Scott and Baker if there's a trade or free agency target as well. Neither would be on much. Really 7 list changes isn't many, we average 8. The league average is 9.

I think you could get a similar haul to the 2014 draft given the depth of this draft. We took 8 players in this draft. Didn't have a 1st round pick and ended up with 3 premiership players and 2 All Australians. Richmond had 5 premiership players in this draft all towards the back end of the draft as well. It can be done.
Sorry, I thought you meant main draft picks.

Personally, I'd rather keep JJ, and probably add in a trade/FA somewhere. I agree we need to invest heavily in draft-age prospects but I also think we need to keep adding readymade players. The issue with lacking depth youth because of Darcy/JUH/Sanders that we have now will quickly turn into a hole in critical age brackets if we don't address it.

Sorry, I thought you meant main draft picks.

Personally, I'd rather keep JJ, and probably add in a trade/FA somewhere. I agree we need to invest heavily in draft-age prospects but I also think we need to keep adding readymade players. The issue with lacking depth youth because of Darcy/JUH/Sanders that we have now will quickly turn into a hole in critical age brackets if we don't address it.

Totally agree we need some readymade players amongst that. This is where I think we should follow the Geelong model and look for readymade state league players through the draft that aren’t just from Footscray. I was keen on Mannagh and Clohesy last year. This year I like the look of Riley Bice as a half back option and we seem to be keen on Sam Davidson who I have no idea about.

Totally agree we need some readymade players amongst that. This is where I think we should follow the Geelong model and look for readymade state league players through the draft that aren’t just from Footscray. I was keen on Mannagh and Clohesy last year. This year I like the look of Riley Bice as a half back option and we seem to be keen on Sam Davidson who I have no idea about.
... that aren't just from Footscray, AND aren't undersized mids with no standout attributes. They're the two features that often describe our failed mature aged picks.

I hope we take more then 4 picks to the draft. It's a good draft, I want at least 5. Preferably 7.
Yeah I have always said, for all our positional gaps, this draft covers them. I want to stock pile as many inside the top 40 as possible. I'd even be okay with trading any of next years picks into this one if there is a player we like. Not all will be hits, but the more picks we have in that range, the higher odds we find a gem or so.

After another great game, Hannaford is rocketing up the draft board to be a top 15 pick. He played primarily midfield and had a great game against Ashcroft etc (game high tackles & inside 50s)

His burst speed and ability to break tackles is a highlight. That, on top of his prolific games as a small forward would have him high on Bulldogs’s white board.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back