List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Early Draft Poll Added

Who do you want with Pick 5 (6)?

• Luke Trainor (194cm, Key Defender, Sandringham Dragons)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bo Allan (191cm, Midfielder/Defender, Peel Thunder)

• Tobie Travaglia (187cm, Defender, Bendigo Pioneers)

• Taj Hotton (182cm, Forward/Midfielder, Sandringham Dragons)

• Alix Tauru (191cm, Key Defender, Gippsland Power)

• Trade the pick (let Lamb burn the place to the ground)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Lachie Hunter (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited by a moderator:
We haven’t even spent the Jackson cash yet, let alone Brayshaw, B Brown, Harmes, Hibberd and ANB cash. Then you got Tmac and Melksham cash next year with possibly May cash not long after.

Wtf are we going to do with another 1.5m a year when we can’t spend what we already got.
I agree with your point about clearing cap space with Oliver but that's not really how it works. You have to pay 90% of the cap every year.

We would have a bit of cap space to play with at the moment but it wouldn't be enormous. If we moved Oliver on and didn't have anyone coming in we would end up overpaying other players to make up the difference. After a while that that payrise just becomes what those players expect going forward and you don't end up in a much better position anyway.

Why the **** would we pay degrading blokes in there 30s more than we did when they were in there prime?

Edit: Tim Lamb that’s why.
Because the players have all the leverage, the club is a mess and refuses to admit they need a clean out from top to bottom so the players can demand what they want.

I remember when we used to have to pay Nathan Jones ridiculous coin because our team was so shit we had no one else to give it to. Bloke bled red and blue but he probably would’ve been a fringe player at a bunch of other clubs with his disposal.

I remember when we used to have to pay Nathan Jones ridiculous coin because our team was so shit we had no one else to give it to. Bloke bled red and blue but he probably would’ve been a fringe player at a bunch of other clubs with his disposal.
Demons should be targeting Melican and Campbell from Swans.

Would have thought St Kilda might be the best chance for an Oliver trade.

They’ve got salary cap and some draft capital. Ross Lyon on record as stating he needs more talent on the list to take them up the ladder.

I am almost certain Oliver will be at Melbourne next year though.
what do you think your club would be looking for pick wise? hard to put a value on him when it's all scuttlebut... like is he operating dog fighting rings? running drugs across state lines? how bad can it be

what do you think your club would be looking for pick wise? hard to put a value on him when it's all scuttlebut... like is he operating dog fighting rings? running drugs across state lines? how bad can it be
Invaded Russia in wintertime the dirty dog.

Why the **** would we pay degrading blokes in there 30s more than we did when they were in there prime?

Edit: Tim Lamb that’s why.

this Tim Lamb chap seems to have veto over all of our trade and contract decisions….

If Oliver did want to leave we’d be entitled to only agree to the trade if he agreed to a reduction in his contract terms that ensured we got a fair trade return.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree. I’m not a massive watcher of draft footage etc. but follow it as close as I can. Reid does seem a touch slow for someone of his size.
Pendlebury was never quick but a player like him with high IQ and the skills to back it up is worth more than speed. It's just a matter of does he have the high IQ and skills to match? Hard to tell how that will translate to senior AFL,but he looks to have that at his current level. I'm happy with pretty much any of those top 7 or 8 kids. It looks to be an even spread of quality talent. I trust JT

Pendlebury was never quick but a player like him with high IQ and the skills to back it up is worth more than speed. It's just a matter of does he have the high IQ and skills to match? Hard to tell how that will translate to senior AFL,but he looks to have that at his current level. I'm happy with pretty much any of those top 7 or 8 kids. It looks to be an even spread of quality talent. I trust JT
One thing about pendles is that he is a 6’3. I reckon if you’re a little slower that makes a difference. I’ll back in JT if he picks Reid. He’s pretty good at nailing talent.

One thing about pendles is that he is a 6’3. I reckon if you’re a little slower that makes a difference. I’ll back in JT if he picks Reid. He’s pretty good at nailing talent.
Lachie Neale is only 177cm. While height can be handy, it's not a necessity to be a gun midfielder. Neale isn't speedy, and from what I've seen of Reid, while not quick, he doesn't need to be when he can find space and set blokes up. I'd be more than comfortable taking him. Especially with Windsor as that break away from stoppage player already on our list. McVee is quick, Koz, Riv isn't too bad. I think we need a bloke with great foot skills and high IQ (something really lacking in our midfield for so long) over a tall speedy kid(which we picked up in the draft last year).

Lachie Neale is only 177cm. While height can be handy, it's not a necessity to be a gun midfielder. Neale isn't speedy, and from what I've seen of Reid, while not quick, he doesn't need to be when he can find space and set blokes up. I'd be more than comfortable taking him. Especially with Windsor as that break away from stoppage player already on our list. McVee is quick, Koz, Riv isn't too bad. I think we need a bloke with great foot skills and high IQ (something really lacking in our midfield for so long) over a tall speedy kid(which we picked up in the draft last year).
Totally agree with the point your making but his perceived limitations are a big risk to unraveling his strengths.

Neale is an absolute nugget, powerful contested beast where his low centre of gravity helps him. His first couple of steps are also pretty zippy. As pointed out already, pendles is huge but you forget due to the way he moves.

Reid needs to be the PhD of footy IQ or the sweetest kick to ever grace the game if he is to be a superstar with both size and speed limitations.

The AFL scrapheap is littered with players who are smart, creative and good kicks but didn't have the size, strength or speed to actual use it.

No doubt guys like Neale exist but he’s probably more the exception. He’s a contested beast too.

Wouldn't surprise me if we got Ollie Lord and/or Leek Aleer. Seems like a Tim Lame move.
Getting two young players who have shown a bit but been starved of opportunity is exactly the sort of thing we should be doing imo.

Oh no you're not getting away that easy
Imacelebrityau GIF by I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! Australia

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Early Draft Poll Added

Back