List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Pick 9, and big fishes Tom Campbell and Harry Sharp in 🎣🐟, ANB departs to the Crows for Pick 28 😢

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Alex Neal-Bullen (Traded to Adelaide)
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Lachie Hunter (Retired)
  • Adam Tomlinson (Delisted)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)
  • Future First (Traded to Essendon)
  • Future Third (Traded to Adelaide)
  • Picks 40, 54, 65 (Traded to Essendon)
  • Pick 49 (Traded to Brisbane)
Confirmed ins:
  • Tom Campbell (Free Agent from St Kilda)
  • Pick 9 (Traded from Essendon)
  • Harry Sharp (Traded from Brisbane)
  • Future Third (Traded from Brisbane)
On-traded:
  • Pick 28 (from Adelaide, to Essendon)
  • Pick 46 (from Adelaide, to Essendon)
  • Future Third (from Essendon, to Brisbane)

Last edited by a moderator:
Think walker might have been worth a stab last year but not next year. We may aswell give Jefferson a season see what he can do, Walker will just ruin his reputation further stinking it up for us. He's basically a taller version of Melk

Alex Davies has been brought up as gettable, I think a poster or two mentioned him here too. Fiorini is a pre-agent and was nearly traded previously too. Don't know him super well, but he's been playing more outside this year so could be handy? Thoughts?
I like Davies attributes as a tall well balanced mid. Still young but hasn't played much footy for a couple of years now and never really looked like a star in the making. Not sure what his VFL stats look like or if his development has stalled or he's been injured. Seems like you'd be lucky if he was more than a depth player (which we could use).

Fiorini seems like a good get. Seems a good role player. I expect Collingwood would still be super into him if he became available though. Probably worth an earlyish 2nd which the Suns would likely get in compo anyway so not sure if they'd bother trading him this year.

Also they didn't give up much for them
Thats why I said, if the cost and fit are there I dont mind it but priority number 1 is to keep/obtain picks in the first two rounds imo. It would need to be a Cross type scenario (free or a late pick) for a player of age.

Thats why I said, if the cost and fit are there I dont mind it but priority number 1 is to keep/obtain picks in the first two rounds imo. It would need to be a Cross type scenario (free or a late pick) for a player of age.
Yep if I'm in charge I'm trying to leave this year's draft with more in the first 2 rounds not less.

Yep if I'm in charge I'm trying to leave this year's draft with more in the first 2 rounds not less.
So, fly down from Canada, chloroform Tim Lamb, lock him in a cellar in a remote location(giving Riddler-type clues) and then take over as our list boss.

You can take it to the bank we’ll be looking at trading out of this draft. Purely just to add Houston. Seems he is almost certain to be with us next year.
The current people in charge of list management and Goody and Richo etc will want another premiership out of the current list. They will not all be around for the rebuild. So will not be interested in drafting young talent alone.
Just hoping we don’t hand over 2 firsts for Houston. Unless we are splitting our first but surely Port would rather just take pick 6-7 than 2 later firsts.

You can take it to the bank we’ll be looking at trading out of this draft. Purely just to add Houston. Seems he is almost certain to be with us next year.
The current people in charge of list management and Goody and Richo etc will want another premiership out of the current list.

Then it would be poor strategic management by the club. With what we have been through previously in the Bailey/Neeld eras I never want to get close to that ever again.

We have seen with West Coast and now Richmond (although they won 3) what the end results can be.

I think everyone here is forgetting one important fact.
The current crop don't want to have skinny first round kids added to the list, they want ready made players for one last tilt at another flag. Trac, Mayzy and Maxy wont be there in a few years if the club is thinking rebuild, players have huge influence over what happens on draft day, don't forget that.

The current crop don't want to have skinny first round kids added to the list, they want ready made players for one last tilt at another flag. Trac, Mayzy and Maxy wont be there in a few years if the club is thinking rebuild, players have huge influence over what happens on draft day, don't forget that.

Trac is contracted for another five years on big money, he can’t demand much as the club simply doesn’t have to move him.

That's crazy if that's a major consideration imo. Also means our younger players get shafted longer term to appease our veterans. I doubt Rivers, Kozzy, JVR, Windsor etc will want to be in the middle of a five year plan when they're hitting their prime.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many players can we delist this year?

Surely we can’t be giving away draft picks!
Maybe we’ll trade in. As we’ll potentially have a F/S and an NGA next season. But I guess it depends if White wants to come to us and if he and the NGA prospect are rated highly. We wouldn’t want to trade out of 2 years of first rounds if they aren’t going to be that good.

Maybe we’ll trade in. As we’ll potentially have a F/S and an NGA next season. But I guess it depends if White wants to come to us and if he and the NGA prospect are rated highly. We wouldn’t want to trade out of 2 years of first rounds if they aren’t going to be that good.
It doesn’t sound like White is rated particularly highly unfortunately, although hopefully that changes.

I just hope we don’t end up having to use a bunch of late picks to top the list up over the next 2 years.

It doesn’t sound like White is rated particularly highly unfortunately, although hopefully that changes.

I just hope we don’t end up having to use a bunch of late picks to top the list up over the next 2 years.
It does sound like White will more likely be a late or Rookie type pick. Heaps of potential with his attributes.
Sounds like Tairon Ah-Mu may be a decent player.

You have to admit it would be funny giving away 2 first round picks for Dan Houston, imagine how much abuse that campaigner would cop if we did it lol.

You have to admit it would be funny giving away 2 first round picks for Dan Houston, imagine how much abuse that campaigner would cop if we did it lol.
I wouldn't blame him, but bloody oath, the club would could cop some very choice words.

He is a monster that Ah Mu kid!

Pretty sure he is 2 years away though and so far it’s more his size that has everyone talking.
Turns 18 next year according to RookieMe

Both White and Ah Mu are playing in the trials for the AFL Futures match this weekend. There's a stream link for those who are particularly invested:

I wouldn't blame him.
I would. I'd blame him for everything.
Leaning over the barrier every time he gets the ball hurling vitriol and abuse at him, that type of blame.

I would. I'd blame him for everything.
Leaning over the barrier every time he gets the ball hurling vitriol and abuse at him, that type of blame.
Thats the Power supporter in you coming out there Toump.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Pick 9, and big fishes Tom Campbell and Harry Sharp in 🎣🐟, ANB departs to the Crows for Pick 28 😢

Remove this Banner Ad

Back