List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Pick 9, and big fishes Tom Campbell and Harry Sharp in 🎣🐟, ANB departs to the Crows for Pick 28 😢

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Alex Neal-Bullen (Traded to Adelaide)
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Lachie Hunter (Retired)
  • Adam Tomlinson (Delisted)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)
  • Future First (Traded to Essendon)
  • Future Third (Traded to Adelaide)
  • Picks 40, 54, 65 (Traded to Essendon)
  • Pick 49 (Traded to Brisbane)
Confirmed ins:
  • Tom Campbell (Free Agent from St Kilda)
  • Pick 9 (Traded from Essendon)
  • Harry Sharp (Traded from Brisbane)
  • Future Third (Traded from Brisbane)
On-traded:
  • Pick 28 (from Adelaide, to Essendon)
  • Pick 46 (from Adelaide, to Essendon)
  • Future Third (from Essendon, to Brisbane)

Last edited by a moderator:
Only way trading F1 might work - and I'm not saying it will but...

• Soft draw from finishing bottom 6
  • Ultra defensive teams have a habit of grinding out wins they don't deserve
  • Gawn, Trac and Koz can have those out of the box games
  • We haven't had a proper long preseason for 4 years, may snag a few games early and momentum can help a lot
  • Pick 13 in a draft this deep could be equal to top 10 pick next season
  • Faster we freshen up the list the better - I need something to keep me remotely interested but also FA interested in coming
  • Perennial basket case teams above and below us that always find a way to underperform
I would be way more interested in one of the saints picks or suns first pick but can't see that happening.

I could see us dropping back a few picks to essendons as they want to get ahead of Kako bid.

CROW MOVES CONTINUE

ADELAIDE'S acquisition of Alex Neal-Bullen is still on track to be completed early in the Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period, with a future selection expected to be tabled for Giants midfielder James Peatling.

Melbourne premiership player Neal-Bullen will return to South Australia for family reasons, with the Crows set to part with pick 28 to land the half-forward, who is contracted for two more years with the Demons.

That deal is expected to be one of the early transactions of this year's trade period, potentially done as early as Monday when the trade gates open.

Adelaide's next picks in this year's draft are No.45 and 63, leaving the Crows expected to use a future second-round pick to attain Peatling, who this week requested a trade from Greater Western Sydney to Adelaide.

CROW MOVES CONTINUE

ADELAIDE'S acquisition of Alex Neal-Bullen is still on track to be completed early in the Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period, with a future selection expected to be tabled for Giants midfielder James Peatling.

Melbourne premiership player Neal-Bullen will return to South Australia for family reasons, with the Crows set to part with pick 28 to land the half-forward, who is contracted for two more years with the Demons.

That deal is expected to be one of the early transactions of this year's trade period, potentially done as early as Monday when the trade gates open.

Adelaide's next picks in this year's draft are No.45 and 63, leaving the Crows expected to use a future second-round pick to attain Peatling, who this week requested a trade from Greater Western Sydney to Adelaide.

So originally pick 25, will probably turn into pick 31 or 32 lol. The AFL draft is wild.

don't hate the idea of trading our F1 if this year's draft is as stacked as people say, even though I think we'll be giving up a top 4 pick next year.
Yeah it's a gamble but it all depends on how who we rate.

don't hate the idea of trading our F1 if this year's draft is as stacked as people say, even though I think we'll be giving up a top 4 pick next year.
Just trade back if its as deep as people say

Opinions on a draft class change all the time. People weren't that keen on this draft class not that long ago, now its this epic deep draft. When people say its deep I dont think its coz there is more talent, i think its more a case of there not being clear standouts at the top unlike in other years.

Just trade back if its as deep as people say
Yeah don't trade out of next year. Leaves the next coach with nothing to work with next year after Goody goes and puts the new coach under massive pressure to not finish low because we won't have a pick

Opinions on a draft class change all the time. People weren't that keen on this draft class not that long ago, now its this epic deep draft. When people say its deep I dont think its coz there is more talent, i think its more a case of there not being clear standouts at the top unlike in other years.

I think is because the mids started out strong and then a bunch of KPPs stepped it up in the last half a year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah don't trade out of next year. Leaves the next coach with nothing to work with next year after Goody goes and puts the new coach under massive pressure to not finish low because we won't have a pick
If we have a year bad enough to get Goodwin sacked there will definitely be some picks coming in from players leaving.

If we have a year bad enough to get Goodwin sacked there will definitely be some picks coming in from players leaving.
As I said yesterday. Maybe the players stay on when they see that they wont have to play boring football. If I was a player and Goodwin left id be more inclined to stay than if he was here for 2026.

As I said yesterday. Maybe the players stay on when they see that they wont have to play boring football. If I was a player and Goodwin left id be more inclined to stay than if he was here for 2026.
Petracca will be 30, I don't think we're selling him a rebuild even if we're playing attacking footy.

Id honestly be fine with trading back to 8-13 and adding a future first (potentially more). If you wanted to use that teams future first to get back into this draft id be fine with that. Just not interested at trading our own.

Yeah but that's not a positive if we get pick 13 for Kozzy leaving or pick 25 for Rivers leaving. Giving up a potential top 5 pick to get pick 14 this year seems stupid to me

Forgot about that. You'd think 9 would get it done?
9 seems low for a player of Bolton's quality. Would you be happy with 9 for Pickett?

Petracca will be 30, I don't think we're selling him a rebuild even if we're playing attacking footy.
Collingwood went thru the same thing when McRae took over with their vets. They are probably more an outlier but you never know.

9 seems low for a player of Bolton's quality. Would you be happy with 9 for Pickett?
Dunno, with player power these days and if they are going to a state with only two teams its hard to get a fair value most of the time I think.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Pick 9, and big fishes Tom Campbell and Harry Sharp in 🎣🐟, ANB departs to the Crows for Pick 28 😢

Remove this Banner Ad

Back