List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Pick 9, and big fishes Tom Campbell and Harry Sharp in 🎣🐟, ANB departs to the Crows for Pick 28 😢

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Alex Neal-Bullen (Traded to Adelaide)
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Lachie Hunter (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)
  • Future First (Traded to Essendon)
  • Future Third (Traded to Adelaide)
  • Picks 40, 54, 65 (Traded to Essendon)
  • Pick 49 (Traded to Brisbane)
Confirmed ins:
  • Tom Campbell (Free Agent from St Kilda)
  • Pick 9 (Traded from Essendon)
  • Harry Sharp (Traded from Brisbane)
  • Future Third (Traded from Brisbane)
On-traded:
  • Pick 28 (from Adelaide, to Essendon)
  • Pick 46 (from Adelaide, to Essendon)
  • Future Third (from Essendon, to Brisbane)

Last edited:
Whinging about this year's trade period lol.

Exactly what were people expecting when you have a very poor year? It was always evident that we were never going to attract any big name recruits.

Improved our draft hand and potential about to add two high quality end talent in one of the strongest drafts we've seen in years. Pretty much exact expectation I had going into this year's trade period.

Personally would have loved Peatling but then did 7 other clubs that were chasing him hard.

In regards to draft picks, regardless if you still have spots available you can still use late picks that are in the 80's and 90's etc. They obviously get pushed up further into the draft as more clubs start to pass.

On Noah Yze, it'd a big pass for me. Seen s couple of his Oakleigh Chargers game this year and it's a big no from me. If his last name wasn't Yze we wouldn't even be having this discussion. Bit to me he's simply not up to standard.

On the other hand I'm definitely in favour for Ricky Mantha and Riak Andrew. Both raw kids with some pretty high end potential with their speed and athletic profile. Andrew especially really hit some form in thr back end of the year especially when he completely shut down top prospect Harry Armstrong when they played each other in the preliminary final. Armstrong was pretty piss poor and lazy and Andrew wore him like a glove.
I'm really surprised to hear that about Yze. I'd been following his reports but I hadn't seem him play.

From all accounts, he was a hard runner who could play forward and back, with good hands and a reliable kick. But, he was thrown into the guts over the past few months to play on the likes of Smillie as a stopper, so maybe that didn't do him any favours.

I'm sad now. :(

Future 1st can be used to trade back in if any players slide.

Picking kids short term won’t help but it will long term. Holding Oliver won’t help either.

Also it would open up a best 22 spot to get games into someone else and clear some cap space, hopefully so we can focus on free agents in 2-3 years when Tas comes in and the draft is cooked by them.
Having two top 10 picks is a good starting point at least especially if we pick two quality elite Mids.

Now trade period is done can he reflect on how poor a decision it was to extend Jack Viney. We should have told him to explore the north Melbourne interest. Seeing what they overpaid for Caleb Daniel we could have easily got another pick in or more.
His best footy is way behind him and now and he is clogging our midfield for 4 more years (most likely at Casey after 2 years )
Viney just won our b&f. Outstanding clubman and trainer. Leads by example on and off the field. Im all for melting, but theres a hundred things ahead of this one. Good to keep him around as a senior leader with a bloke like ANB leaving. Might have extended him by a year too much, but who cares. Oliver is the one we should have traded. Viney plays better without him and we tend to function better without him. Plus his off field issues. I'd be melting over that way more than Viney being extended.

I'm really surprised to hear that about Yze. I'd been following his reports but I hadn't seem him play.

From all accounts, he was a hard runner who could play forward and back, with good hands and a reliable kick. But, he was thrown into the guts over the past few months to play on the likes of Smillie as a stopper, so maybe that didn't do him any favours.

I'm sad now. :(
His school footy form wasn't all that crash either. Usually if they're not doing much at Coates league level but dominate school footy level (Jayden Hunt), then recruiters will still use that as some leverage for form.

When he tagged Smillie in round 14 this year, Smillie had 26 disposals and a goal and was named close to BOG.

Plus now they want to bring back Nathan jones as an assistant coach. Seriously go get people that can improve our team and the players can learn off.
I don't understand people melting over Nathan Jones being an assistant coach lol.

For starters I'm sure he has plenty to offer. Who knows if he's any good at coaching. In fact, the general public probably has little to no idea who the good assistant coaches are or even what they do. Sounded like we were chasing Rory Sloane pretty hard. Would he make a better assistant than Jones? Who tf knows. Both have no experience. Wouldn't matter who we got while Goody is senior coach anyway. Jones hasn't even signed on yet. By the sound of it, most around here want us to fail, so if Jones is s* then that surely helps the doomsday nuffs get closer to what they want yeah?

I don't understand people melting over Nathan Jones being an assistant coach lol.

For starters I'm sure he has plenty to offer. Who knows if he's any good at coaching. In fact, the general public probably has little to no idea who the good assistant coaches are or even what they do. Sounded like we were chasing Rory Sloane pretty hard. Would he make a better assistant than Jones? Who tf knows. Both have no experience. Wouldn't matter who we got while Goody is senior coach anyway. Jones hasn't even signed on yet. By the sound of it, most around here want us to fail, so if Jones is s* then that surely helps the doomsday nuffs get closer to what they want yeah?

Nathan Jones has no experience as a coach and has never even step foot into any other clubs.

Most players who become coaches would usually work in other environments or clubs to learn other systems and approaches before returning to share the knowledge.

Jones legit went to channel 7 and is coming back, what’s he going to bring? Crap he learnt from BT and Richo?

Would rather Daisy Pearce who at least spent time at Geelong and can articulate better than a teenager.

Imagine being a new recruit and coming in and the best we have to teach them is Nathan Jones, a bloke who doesn’t know what success is even if it punched him in the face.

We all know why we extended/caved to him and his manager, nothing but a feel good story for the nuffs to get excited about with the club in crisis. All the nuffs on demonland fell for it re: "But I thought everyone wants to leave???"
the nuffs on twitter tagging Morris/McLure etc saying I tHoUGht TrAc, CLaRrY & KoZZiE wErE lEaViNG.

****ing vomit inducing. What's worse is the club panders to these morons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nathan Jones has no experience as a coach and has never even step foot into any other clubs.

Most players who become coaches would usually work in other environments or clubs to learn other systems and approaches before returning to share the knowledge.

Jones legit went to channel 7 and is coming back, what’s he going to bring? Crap he learnt from BT and Richo?

Would rather Daisy Pearce who at least spent time at Geelong and can articulate better than a teenager.

Imagine being a new recruit and coming in and the best we have to teach them is Nathan Jones, a bloke who doesn’t know what success is even if it punched him in the face.
lol.

So you wouldn't want our kids to be around Jones because he wasn't successful? A bloke who got the absolute best out of himself in every way and became one of our longest serving captains and stayed loyal throughout some of our darkest days? Resilience? Persistence? How to get the best out of yourself? How to improve kicking? Aerobic capacity? The guy might not have won a flag or won a Brownlow, but don't go writing the guy off for being unsuccessful when he's been everything but. He has plenty to offer. Again, we were chasing Rory Sloane for this role. Would you be happier with him? Another unsuccessful player. we have no idea what Jones will be like as a coach, but he has plenty to offer.

lol.

So you wouldn't want our kids to be around Jones because he wasn't successful? A bloke who got the absolute best out of himself in every way and became one of our longest serving captains and stayed loyal throughout some of our darkest days? Resilience? Persistence? How to get the best out of yourself? How to improve kicking? Aerobic capacity? The guy might not have won a flag or won a Brownlow, but don't go writing the guy off for being unsuccessful when he's been everything but. He has plenty to offer. Again, we were chasing Rory Sloane for this role. Would you be happier with him? Another unsuccessful player. we have no idea what Jones will be like as a coach, but he has plenty to offer.

At least Sloane (while I wasn’t advocating for him) has had exposure to other environments and systems. Unlike Nathan “bomb it into 50” Jones.

I 100% endorse any bagging of Morris/Mclure. Mclure in particular.
Why? Sure they are both ****wits, but their job is to chase stories. Stories everywhere at Melbourne ATM and we deserve every bit of media flak that we cop. Point the finger at the club, not the journalists doing their job.

Why? Sure they are both ****wits, but their job is to chase stories. Stories everywhere at Melbourne ATM and we deserve every bit of media flak that we cop. Point the finger at the club, not the journalists doing their job.
Can't stand either of them. I find it crazy both have jobs in the industry tbh. Ask Jesse what he thinks of Morris. And Mclure putting his reputation on the line telling us all Oliver was still going to be traded up until deadline lol. Cmon mate. You get it wrong most of the time. Both don't just report on rumours, they are both front and centre on footy programs on radio and tv as well. Give them a segment where they can share what they've "heard", and then f* off and let actual people who play the game or have played the game discuss it. Like what that moron with glasses was doing on the footy show. I don't give two s* what either of them think on footy topics. I'm all for people calling them out. God knows people do it all the time on here.

I don't mind the two blokes on gettable. They tend to talk purely facts and they know their s*. Have respect for those blokes. Not the bin divers in Morris and Mclure. But hey, again, sounds like I'm in the minority around here and that's fine.

At least Sloane (while I wasn’t advocating for him) has had exposure to other environments and systems. Unlike Nathan “bomb it into 50” Jones.
I'd say that Jones was actually a pretty good kick in the latter part of his career. As far as 'bombing it into the 50' is concerned, he was nowhere near as bad as some of our other mids, especially Oliver.

You're right, **** Jones we should instead go after BT he was a pretty alright coach in the VFA back in the day. Got some good coaching experience

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Pick 9, and big fishes Tom Campbell and Harry Sharp in 🎣🐟, ANB departs to the Crows for Pick 28 😢

Remove this Banner Ad

Back