List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Pick 9, and big fishes Tom Campbell and Harry Sharp in 🎣🐟, ANB departs to the Crows for Pick 28 😢

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Alex Neal-Bullen (Traded to Adelaide)
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Lachie Hunter (Retired)
  • Adam Tomlinson (Delisted)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)
  • Future First (Traded to Essendon)
  • Future Third (Traded to Adelaide)
  • Picks 40, 54, 65 (Traded to Essendon)
  • Pick 49 (Traded to Brisbane)
Confirmed ins:
  • Tom Campbell (Free Agent from St Kilda)
  • Pick 9 (Traded from Essendon)
  • Harry Sharp (Traded from Brisbane)
  • Future Third (Traded from Brisbane)
On-traded:
  • Pick 28 (from Adelaide, to Essendon)
  • Pick 46 (from Adelaide, to Essendon)
  • Future Third (from Essendon, to Brisbane)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope we try and keep the powerful Brand Petracca management happy next year.

I believe the theory. Just shows how far out of hand this has become in regards to players having all the control.
Yeah it's interesting that outside of ANB we kept all the players who were reportedly looking to leave as well. Same as Petty last year. Maybe the money was an issue for too many clubs, so the managers couldn't really strong arm us like they could Port? I guess that's a form of security for the club in a sense despite the obvious cons.

Then again, we also couldn't attract many players to us either. While the club is a mess it's not surprising no one wants to come here, but if we've annoyed the manager mafia maybe they are warding players away from us as well?

Hope we try and keep the powerful Brand Petracca management happy next year.

I believe the theory. Just shows how far out of hand this has become in regards to players having all the control.
I would argue it is "anti-competitive" behaviour.

Essentially giving the smaller and weaker clubs no chance and makes a mockery of the stronger draft hands that have been designed to even out the competition.

AFL should be having a close look at the way players are nominating clubs when contracted.
  • If your not a FA then you cannot nominate a club.
  • If you have compelling personal reasons i.e. Go home to family.
    • Then allow them to submit an application to the AFL and if approved then they can nominated a state (not a club).
    • Trade offers from all clubs in state can submit their offers with AFL oversight

I would argue it is "anti-competitive" behaviour.

Essentially giving the smaller and weaker clubs no chance and makes a mockery of the stronger draft hands that have been designed to even out the competition.

AFL should be having a close look at the way players are nominating clubs when contracted.
  • If your not a FA then you cannot nominate a club.
  • If you have compelling personal reasons i.e. Go home to family.
    • Then allow them to submit an application to the AFL and if approved then they can nominated a state (not a club).
    • Trade offers from all clubs in state can submit their offers with AFL oversight
Nup **** that. If they need to go home they can retire and get another job. You're either open to playing AFL anywhere or not at all

While I'm glad we didn't blow high picks on him, this is absolutely hilarious.

Such a basket case of a club that someone who was genuinely keen to come here did a 180 and wanted nothing to do with us.
It's awesome. We dodge a bullet trading our future away and the club got embarrassed for being a shambles. Change can't come fast enough.

Nothing new was well reported he changed his mind cause of the mess the club is in. There would of been away we could of got him in and still had a 1st rounder. Can't believe some supporters didn't want him he would have been a great fit for us.

Nothing new was well reported he changed his mind cause of the mess the club is in. There would of been away we could of got him in and still had a 1st rounder. Can't believe some supporters didn't want him he would have been a great fit for us.
I prefer 5 and 9.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While I'm glad we didn't blow high picks on him, this is absolutely hilarious.

Such a basket case of a club that someone who was genuinely keen to come here did a 180 and wanted nothing to do with us.
Na na, the media are just making things up, players love being here.

We were probably offering far more money than he ended up signing with Collingwood too. Money is not even enough to con players to come here with, if Goodwin, Pert and nuffy Green stay we'll end up like the Saints and North with a useless warchest.

No doubt the MFC is a mess, but when Houston was talking to us mid-year, and the talk was two first-round picks would need to be involved, our 2024 R1 was looking to be more like 10-12, not pick 5.

I reckon we'd have thought a lot more carefully about trading pick 5. Either way, 5 and 9 is a great result.

Trac saves the club from disaster. Lamb would have coughed up 5 and 2025 F1 too.

Yeah nothing new I guess. Was obvious he went cold when the Trac stuff went public. Now he has to play alongside Maynard. F* him

We were probably offering far more money than he ended up signing with Collingwood too. Money is not even enough to con players to come here with, if Goodwin, Pert and nuffy Green stay we'll end up like the Saints and North with a useless warchest.
I dunno. I mean Collingwood are paying Perryman 900k a season.

Love that Mich is still hung up on 2012 Nathan Jones. 😂

I hate the appointment but his early career kicking has absolutely nothing to do with any of it. I hate it coz it's more cringe "bringing back Melbourne people" in the same vein as Brad Green. He's mates with the coach and won't rock the boat despite the reports of him talking about ball movement at the meeting, what a load of shite, as if Goody is going to listen to a first time coach like Jones if he wouldn't with McQualter.
Feels very essendon, they hate outsiders over there.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Pick 9, and big fishes Tom Campbell and Harry Sharp in 🎣🐟, ANB departs to the Crows for Pick 28 😢

Remove this Banner Ad

Back