List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Pick 9 & big fish Tom Campbell in 🎣🐟, ANB departs to the Crows for Pick 28 😢

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Alex Neal-Bullen (Traded to Adelaide)
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Lachie Hunter (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)
  • Future First (Traded to Essendon)
  • Future Third (Traded to Adelaide)
  • Picks 40, 54, 65 (Traded to Essendon)
Confirmed ins:
  • Tom Campbell (Free Agent from St Kilda)
  • Pick 9 (Traded from Essendon)
  • Future Third (Traded from Essendon)
On-traded:
  • Pick 28 (from Adelaide, to Essendon)
  • Pick 46 (from Adelaide, to Essendon)

Last edited:
At the end of the day though, Baker is a 27-year-old role player (a good one, but a role player nonetheless) – he should never be part of discussions regarding Pick 3.

West Coast need more high-end talent, because outside of Reid, Allen and maybe Waterman, it's still pretty grim. Their fans are still reeling from splitting Pick 3 in 2022 (Sheezel) for Picks 9 (Ginbey) and 14 (Hewett), so I get the angst.

Reeks of a ex-Richmond list manager and ex-Richmond coach playing favourites to the detriment of the overall list.
Big question marks on Hewetts body especially his sesamoiditis. Has had issues since draft year and missed all of this year with it which unfortunately required surgery.

I’m glad Carlton got in before us if we were interested as I really wanted to take both picks to draft we need to get more top end talent on our list. Would love another top 20 pick but can’t see how we get one now.

It's an even draft, but there's still a fair gap between Pick 3 and 12, especially since 12 will be 15/16 by the time they make the pick.
Will be interesting to see how it all plays out. FWIW Im still a fan of Hewett if he can get on the park, think he can be a very good player.

Baker is out of contract and could be walked to the preseason draft. Trading pick 3 for what will end up 15 and 17 is nuts. Absolutely nuts.

If they wanted to split 3 they could have gotten a much better deal. Baker is a pick in the mid to late teens at best.

Oh how I wish Clayton was from WA 😔

Baker is out of contract and could be walked to the preseason draft. Trading pick 3 for what will end up 15 and 17 is nuts. Absolutely nuts.

If they wanted to split 3 they could have gotten a much better deal. Baker is a pick in the mid to late teens at best.

Oh how I wish Clayton was from WA 😔
Speaking of Clarry, we might need to trade him.

I'm hoping North keep pick 2 and reach for Tauru, I wonder if this is really on the cards? Means we can get one of Smith, O'Sullivan, Draper, Lalor who from what I can tell do seem to constitute a kind of top tier. Smith/Draper at 5 (assuming the rumours about Richmond taking wanting Lalor and Carlton wanting O'Sullivan are true), and Reid at 9 sounds ideal to me. I also don't think I'd hate Smillie at 9, or Armstrong if he can be a mobile tall a la Jeremy Cameron.

I'm hoping North keep pick 2 and reach for Tauru, I wonder if this is really on the cards? Means we can get one of Smith, O'Sullivan, Draper, Lalor who from what I can tell do seem to constitute a kind of top tier. Smith/Draper at 5 (assuming the rumours about Richmond taking wanting Lalor and Carlton wanting O'Sullivan are true), and Reid at 9 sounds ideal to me. I also don't think I'd hate Smillie at 9, or Armstrong if he can be a mobile tall a la Jeremy Cameron.

Think they might try swap with Adelaide’s 4th for some change. Otherwise I can see them taking a bigger body mid like Langford at 2.

Looking promising we end up with Jagga

Tigs keen on Tauru at 6 apparently.

St Kilda keen on mids Reid and Smillie

Pick 9 will be between Armstrong, Lindsey or Berry is my guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Same. Think hes comfortably the better player actually.
I'd have Rioli as on the same tier as ANB. Ridiculous they are going to con a top 10 pick for him.

I saw a Richmond supporter saying non Richmond people underrated Rioli and clearly didn't watch him play. Then immediately mentioned he was a 3xPremiership player to back up that argument.

Never felt so comfortable in my assessment of a player in my life.

Last edited:
I thought Houston definitely would have been worth more than Rioli. But Gold Coast pay a kings ransom for everything, just look at Lachie Weller.
I get that they have so many talented kids that they need more senior players so those high picks aren't as valuable to them but I feel like they could have gotten so much more for what they're paying.

I'd have Rioli as on the same tier as ANB. Ridiculous they are going to con a top 10 pick for him.

I saw a Richmond supporters saying non Richmond people underrated Rioli and clearly didn't watch him play. Then immediately mentioned he was a 3xPremiership player to back up that argument.

Never felt so comfortable in my assessment of a player in my life.
Yeah, said it before, I absolutely cringe when people use "premiership player" as an argument for why someone is good.

Yeah, said it before, I absolutely cringe when people use "premiership player" as an argument for why someone is good.
Jason Castagna has 3 flags and got delisted when he was 26.

I thought Houston definitely would have been worth more than Rioli. But Gold Coast pay a kings ransom for everything, just look at Lachie Weller.
Weller at least had the skills, hes a ****ing beautiful kick, I can understand them paying heavily somewhat. People have overrated Rioli his entire career, youre paying for the name.

James Jordan and James Harmes "premiership players". Now ANB. We really need to up our trading game! Getting fleeced.
With ANB youre getting some epic intangibles unlike with Harmes and Jordon. Understandable why he went for the most out of the 3 of them.

I also love how they throw in how Rioli won the best and fairest this year.

He won because he played all 23 games in a year with nearly everyone else missed a bunch of games and they blooded a heap of kids.

They were also dogshit this year and got to see plenty of the ball playing in defense.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Pick 9 & big fish Tom Campbell in 🎣🐟, ANB departs to the Crows for Pick 28 😢

Remove this Banner Ad

Back