List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Pick 9 & big fish Tom Campbell in 🎣🐟, ANB departs to the Crows for Pick 28 😢

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Alex Neal-Bullen (Traded to Adelaide)
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Lachie Hunter (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)
  • Future First (Traded to Essendon)
  • Future Third (Traded to Adelaide)
  • Picks 40, 54, 65 (Traded to Essendon)
Confirmed ins:
  • Tom Campbell (Free Agent from St Kilda)
  • Pick 9 (Traded from Essendon)
  • Future Third (Traded from Essendon)
On-traded:
  • Pick 28 (from Adelaide, to Essendon)
  • Pick 46 (from Adelaide, to Essendon)

Last edited:

As far as player movements are concerned, this period has been a bust. All the LMs are drunk off grappa or something.
Reality is the AFL industry is very timid in regards to trading compared to other sports. Same with sacking coaches. Clubs hold on way too long to a coach that's been unsuccessful. That's why clubs are signing players to ridiculous contracts because they are s* scared in losing players.

Would be happy to take any of those and get Reid with 9. Add in Riak Andrew and Noah Yze and it's a nice little draft haul.
Agree with everything, except Reid. Also you're forgetting Ricky Mentha.

Reality is the AFL industry is very timid in regards to trading compared to other sports. Same with sacking coaches. Clubs hold on way too long to a coach that's been unsuccessful. That's why clubs are signing players to ridiculous contracts because they are s* scared in losing players.
Too much "boys club" attitude,

I was surprised he is below average for that TBH. I get his disposals don’t achieve a lot but thought it was higher than 74% efficiency.
Disposal efficiency is the biggest wank stat of all time

noobermensch who do you reckon we'll be looking at with 9?
These are my talent tier groupings. Can't recall if I've posted them here before - I might have. Pick 9 by my reckoning will end up pick 11 and if I were in charge I'd be looking to pick from that tier 2 group depending on your most pressing need. Trainor if you want to take a dip at a potential replacement for May. Lindsay if you want a crafty half back flank with elite ball use who could transition into the midfield. Hotton if you want a dynamite small forward and don't mind being patient with him as he recuperates his knee. Langford if you want a future leader and don't mind taking the risk on his athleticism. Murphy Reid for that diminutive but super clever mid/forward who always finds space and time.

Tier 1 in any order:
Draper
Jagga
FOS
Levi

Tier 1.5 in any order:
Lalor
Lombard
Smillie

Tier 2 in any order:
Reid
Lindsay
Langford
Trainor
Hotton

Tier 3 in any order:
Kako
Hannaford
Travaglia
Allan
Tauru
Marshall

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What would be funny if we actually bid for Levi and Kako.
I'm an essendon fan, but you absolutely should bid for players that you would pick at those spots if they were available. I hate this back scratching bollocks that leads to academy and F/S tied players sliding later than they should go.

Disappointed? As a life long Melbourne supporter, I am completely unfamiliar with the concept.

Ryan Gosling Barbie GIF by Warner Bros. Pictures

I'm not big on the whole 'media narrative' thing, but Barrett really is pulling for Geelong this period, isn't he? Lol

The prospect of Bailey Smith being walked to the draft in November remains alive, with the Western Bulldogs and Geelong seemingly at an impasse.

The Cats have put forward pick 17 for Smith, but the Bulldogs want a better deal for the 23-year-old.

But with Smith uncontracted, the Cats have the option of simply not completing a deal during the trade period and instead picking up Smith in the draft next month.

"I still see a way, and I think it's at least a 50-50 chance, that it is through the mechanism of the draft," AFL.com.au's Damian Barrett said this morning on AFL Daily. "I don't see a way where it's even any worry for the Cats. They will get him, for nothing, through the draft.

"How hard can (Bulldogs list manager) Sam Power be? The option for Geelong is to just walk him."

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Pick 9 & big fish Tom Campbell in 🎣🐟, ANB departs to the Crows for Pick 28 😢

Remove this Banner Ad

Back