List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Will they make him a Visy ambassador too? No idea how they can afford him.

I imagine Cripps, Curnow, Mckay, Weitering and Walsh are on good money and account for ~25% of the salary cap. And I recall they backed up the track to bring Saad over from the Bombers, but not sure if that deal is still running.

Hayward would be nice to have a free hit and no trade capital spent, but six years for a role player is lunacy.
Potentially totally hecks the market if true also, stars will be demanding 10 year contracts. Carlton ruin everything.

Hayward would be nice to have a free hit and no trade capital spent, but six years for a role player is lunacy.
Surely we can offer more $$ than Carlton. But no way would I be happy offering 6 years to Hayward. Good player, but 6 years us fn wild.

I think be’ll come good eventually this year but man petty has probably screwed himself out of a potential Adelaide deal. If he had a big year we might be tempted to move him as Adelaide would have to give up something good, but now he’s probably lost 100k off the contract offer and there’s no way in hell Adelaide offer something even remotely worth considering.

I think be’ll come good eventually this year but man petty has probably screwed himself out of a potential Adelaide deal. If he had a big year we might be tempted to move him as Adelaide would have to give up something good, but now he’s probably lost 100k off the contract offer and there’s no way in hell Adelaide offer something even remotely worth considering.
It's not like Petty didn't want to take the deal though.

If he was playing in defense (where Adelaide planned to use him) I think we'd be having an entirely different conversation. He hasn't screwed himself out of anything. If anything the Melbourne Football Club have screwed themselves.

Last edited:
If he was playing in defense (where Adelaide planned to use him) I think we'd be having an entirely different conversation. He hasn't screwed himself out of anything. If anything the Melbourne Football Club have screwed themselves.

I agree with a lot of your takes mate (More than @Topkents posts) but I think it’s rewriting history a bit to suggest he’d be way better as a defender now. I know he had a solid game against the hawks but his form was a defender was pretty bad 2022/2023. To be fair the injury would be ******* with him and I’m probably being harsh, it couldn’t have come at a worst time for him (Or us) last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly just think his first few weeks were totally hampered by his injury and he'll be fine. Wouldn't be surprised if hes back to his best from midseason onwards in which case Adelaide will still come hard for him.

I agree with a lot of your takes mate (More than @Topkents posts) but I think it’s rewriting history a bit to suggest he’d be way better as a defender now. I know he had a solid game against the hawks but his form was a defender was pretty bad 2022/2023. To be fair the injury would be ******* with him and I’m probably being harsh, it couldn’t have come at a worst time for him (Or us) last year.
Didn't even tag me right knackers

No one has a chance as a forward in our set up , we make everyone look bad. Not a doubt in my mind he could do what TMac has done in defence but better this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back