Fantasy 2024 - Empire League - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh no. The Dees completely off the profile :oops:
Never hated a team more in more in my life than my own team. Can handle losing but this boring ****ing style has me done til the coach is gone. manureid 2.0

Never hated a team more in more in my life than my own team. Can handle losing but this boring ****ing style has me done til the coach is gone. manureid 2.0
At least your coach won a flag.

Wish he never dd honestly, its been the catalyst for everything I currently hate about the Melbourne Football Club.
I think we might need an Alldat Support group fellas, time to pitch in.

I feel for ya A11dAtP0w3R - reminds me of the darkest days of the Freo shambles under Drum, the Petracca injury stuff just takes the cake. As other have said, at least you got to win a premiership though.

Also, on a (hopefully) unrelated note, it the MFL site just down for maintenance or am I missing something?

Or is Goodwin also running the MFL site in his spare time?

I think we might need an Alldat Support group fellas, time to pitch in.

I feel for ya A11dAtP0w3R - reminds me of the darkest days of the Freo shambles under Drum, the Petracca injury stuff just takes the cake. As other have said, at least you got to win a premiership though.

Also, on a (hopefully) unrelated note, it the MFL site just down for maintenance or am I missing something?

Or is Goodwin also running the MFL site in his spare time?
Ive never hated football more than I have right now, Melbourne are just disgusting to watch even in wins. I think as a supporter you should be entitled to entertainment, winning and losing means very little if you cant enjoy a sport.

MFL site working fine for me.

So many exciting players still on the board. Cant miss out Exe Gesis
I think this is potentially the least excited I have ever seen Exe Gesis in any NFL draft comp ever.

Weird, with so many QBs going so early in the real NFL draft I thought GG would be all fired up to get creative.

Instead I have a feeling he wants to pick over the roster cutdowns in late August and September.

Delayed excitement perhaps ey GG??

"A record six quarterbacks were selected in the first round — Caleb Williams, Jayden Daniels, Drake Maye, Michael Penix Jr., J. J. McCarthy, and Bo Nix — tying the amount in 1983. The six quarterbacks were within the first 12 picks, with five in the top 10.

Conversely, for the first time since the 1970 AFL–NFL merger, no quarterbacks would be selected in the second through fourth rounds.

A record seven wide receivers were also selected in the first round, tying the number from 2004.

In total, a record 23 offensive players were selected in the first round, including 14 consecutive to start the draft."

Ive never hated football more than I have right now, Melbourne are just disgusting to watch even in wins. I think as a supporter you should be entitled to entertainment, winning and losing means very little if you cant enjoy a sport.

MFL site working fine for me.
Thanks, I will check again now on the site.

And yes I know what you mean, hard to watch some wins, the Saints game on the weekend was a good example - 51 points wins it, in an game played in a stadium with a roof??

Hang in there, once Goodwin goes there will be a list a management shakeup, you still have lots of good players like Trac to build around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And yeah, sending a player back out on the field with 4 broken ribs, a severed spleen, internal bleeding was just about the final straw. What a bunch of campaigners. They dont deserve Trac.
That was unbelievable..looked to everyone else like he had a serious injury. Wonder what pressure Goodwin applied

Thanks, I will check again now on the site.

And yes I know what you mean, hard to watch some wins, the Saints game on the weekend was a good example - 51 points wins it, in an game played in a stadium with a roof??

Hang in there, once Goodwin goes there will be a list a management shakeup, you still have lots of good players like Trac to build around.
Board gave him a new contract right before finals last year and another straight sets exit, unbelievable incompetence. Highly doubt hes going anywhere unless he falls on his own sword. Feels more and more like Goodwin is going to ride this list into the turf and piss off to Adelaide ala Hardwick at Richmond to Gold Coast, probably right when Tasmania come in to make a rebuild impossible.

That was unbelievable..looked to everyone else like he had a serious injury. Wonder what pressure Goodwin applied
Played Steven May a week and a half after broken ribs and a cracked vertebrae vs Adelaide earlier the year when clearly still sore jabbed up to his eyes balls in a protective vest. Shameful. Thinks its an admission that he has run out of ideas/been found out as a coach and needs his stars to win him games.

I think this is potentially the least excited I have ever seen Exe Gesis in any NFL draft comp ever.

Weird, with so many QBs going so early in the real NFL draft I thought GG would be all fired up to get creative.

Instead I have a feeling he wants to pick over the roster cutdowns in late August and September.

Delayed excitement perhaps ey GG??

"A record six quarterbacks were selected in the first round — Caleb Williams, Jayden Daniels, Drake Maye, Michael Penix Jr., J. J. McCarthy, and Bo Nix — tying the amount in 1983. The six quarterbacks were within the first 12 picks, with five in the top 10.
Conversely, for the first time since the 1970 AFL–NFL merger, no quarterbacks would be selected in the second through fourth rounds.
A record seven wide receivers were also selected in the first round, tying the number from 2004.
In total, a record 23 offensive players were selected in the first round, including 14 consecutive to start the draft."
I ended up with Jayden Daniels via trade, remember. I liked him and Maye the most of the tip rated QBs.

I ended up with Jayden Daniels via trade, remember. I liked him and Maye the most of the tip rated QBs.
I know, but I expected you to execute a seven person, 19 player, 14 pick swap trade deal that extended over three years.

Instead you just did it with a simple boring trade. Disappointed was I, muchly!!

I dont need 18 qbs tho

middle finger GIF

Played Steven May a week and a half after broken ribs and a cracked vertebrae vs Adelaide earlier the year when clearly still sore jabbed up to his eyes balls in a protective vest. Shameful. Thinks its an admission that he has run out of ideas/been found out as a coach and needs his stars to win him games.
Indeed, while he has always annoyed me, until today I hadn't realised how bad Goodwin had been in terms of injury approaches - this thing with Trac isn't a one off.

Just came across this from one of your Melbourne mods - very honest assessment, reminds me of Freo's medical department back in the bad old days...

Goodwin and our medical team have a long history of exposed form, so we're just as—or more—pissed as everbody else.
  • Goodwin running a doctor out of the club because he dared to make an argument for holding injured players out.
  • Spargo missing all of this summer with an Achilles injury, being rushed back for R0 with no preseason, re-injuring his Achilles and being 'indefinite' since.
  • May playing the GF with a significant hamstring tear (this luckily ended up OK, and was when Burgess was in charge).
  • Petracca playing in the 2022 SF with a broken leg.
  • Oliver playing this year despite being incredibly out of shape and at one stage carrying three separate injuries (one of which required surgery)
  • The management of Joel Smith's concussions over numerous years.
  • Rushing Petty back from a Lisfranc injury this year. Has looked a shadow of himself since.
  • Rushing Fritsch back from a broken foot last year, which he hurt again in his first game back.
There's plenty more instances, that's just off the top of my head (Gawn has been rushed back early on numerous occasions too). There was also that time we nearly drowned Petracca during a preseason lol.

It's all about Goodwin and his self-preservation. Doesn't help that he's surrounded by a bunch of enablers from the board level down (just look at the offseason controversies and his own behaviour) – there's no accountability whatsoever at the club at the moment.

I actually avoid the Melbourne board for the most part because of the Melbourne bitching and whining.

Now I have to cop it here too, great
Being the massive Goodwin backer that you have been it must be tough rn. :tearsofjoy:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back