Fantasy 2024 - Empire League - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I offered a second for Foles also when he signed with the Jags. Wasn't enough. Your greed has saved me twice. Blessed. 🙌
Saved is a relative term my son.
Not like you've won anything yet even with all the extra picks I could have extorted from you...

At least you are well set this year, so far you are one of my two highest ranked teams in Empire (on top of my own of course).

Please Dixie Flatline let's get this thing done so we can move to waivers, as I'll need to give everyone a weeks notice before that can start.

I know there's no rush, but if we can get something done that's in it's final phase we should. Only sixth round now, and most everyone has a pre-draft list selected for dart throws.

So, what do you think ...if Dixie loga onto bigfooty and then back out tonight, and hasnt made a pick, start skipping?
Yeah 48 hours is ample time once a draft has gone this far. It’s very late picks so I’m sure he won’t mind

Skipped Dixies pick 6.02, the predraft selections for BPG and TGBB were made (Liufau and Bullock), putting Dixie on the clock for his second pick 6.05....but, skipping his 6.02 meant that pick was lost for him. So reverted the draft back to 6.02, made a pick for Dixie (some 3rd DE -- seeing as he had a roster spot open for a DE -- rather than giving him a top-rated DE). Then re-picked for BPG and TGBB the two players they originally drafted via predraft list.

I'll do this in future rather than skip.

Because....he logged into BF tonight then logged out and no puck made for 6.02.

So, Dixie Flatline you have 24-48 hrs to a) ask me to change pick 6.02 to someone you wanted who's still on the board rather than the player I drafted for you, or keep as is, and, b) to make your own pick for 6.05 before I again select someone for you that you may not want. At that time tho, no asking me to change which player(s) i selected for you.

Na, if he's going to take that long just skip him and he can pick when he gets around to it. If everyone picks before he does stiff shit.
I mean if skip his pick, he cannot make a pick again, the pick is lost....all he can do is ask me later to change it to someone else, as I CAN do that as commish. Change it to someone else.

Actually thats better than giving him someone, even a 3rd stringer, as someone may have wanted that player i guess.

So ill re-re-change it so that Dixies pick is skipped....re-choose the two players BPG and TGBB selected, Dixie still can choose his own plauer for 6.05 which is on the clock, but he has to ask me to choose someone for 6.02 that is still available.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just by some weird glitch, when i changed the pick i made for Dixie at 6.02 to noone, but left the two picks that BPG and TGBB made for 6.03 and 6.04.....Dixie can now still make a pick for 6.02 and 6.05. So I'll leave it like that.

Dixie is on the clock for 6.02, and then weirdly 6.05 is next pick on the clock after. Everything normal again after that.

Skip him for 6.05 too, hes been on the clock for both as auto were set behind him.
Just let drd23 pick/put him on the clock, you can add Dixie's players when he posts them here
Yeah ill skip 6.02 and 6.05 and put drd23 and everyone else on the clock....and Dixie can post here whenever what two players he wants commish to draft him that are only still available at the time.

Honestly it's only ****ing june. Take a chill pill. Who cares if it takes him a week we are in the last round.
If he can log onto big footy and post tweets he can pick.. Would be a different story if he hasn't been round but he has been. **** him

Honestly it's only ****ing june. Take a chill pill. Who cares if it takes him a week we are in the last round.
My pov is....

Yeah theres no rush. Its not that a day or two has passed. It's more that they've been actively on BF thruout that time, ignored the tags, ignored the MFL email telling them theyre on the clock....and the question then.....why ignore and drag it out unnecessarily?

Especially as it's ONLY the 6th round where it's just dart throws on guys who are at the back of depth charts. It doesnt really matter who you pick (kinda). Just make a pick, take a stab.

First two rounds...elite offensive rookies and IDP starters
Next two rounds....talented IDPs and offensive backups.
Last two rounds.... deep sleepers, special teamers, dart throws on players who often dont make NFL rosters

So....kinda should be a rush or hurry up in the 5th/6th rounds. It's not as important or less likely to make a worthwhile selection.

Another potential issue with it....the longer you allow someone to sit on a pick at the end of a draft, the more chance of some breaking news or training camp report that some rookie is climbing the depth chart or an injury to a starter that opens the door.

Not so much in Empire, but in Alpha/Omega or other leagues where people start the drafts in July in the thick of actual training camp, there could be that advantage in sitting on a late round pick for 2-7 days ("no rush, its only July" talk).

June 16 is a lot different to July 16. ;)
Yes, that was more an example for a league that drafts in July.

In this case, it's not that two or three days went by...but ignoring the tags, the MFL email, all while still active on BF. No reason to delay, just get it over and done with (6th round darts).

If someone hasnt been online for days, busy work/children, unable to be reached, allowance for sure is given.

Even guys on overseas holidays have had the thoughtfulness to either PM me and say "take so and so for my pick", or filled out pre-draft lists

A lot of people in this draft have known their pick might come up soon and filled out pre draft lists in case they werent around for hours or a couple of days. Thats the spirit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Fantasy 2024 - Empire League - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back