Trades 2024 Fantasy Round 16 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
#eco lol

I'd say absolutely zero but its only Monday, we could get another 5 injuries this week :D
Mezzoculo - No game played on the weekend for the VFL Tiges - the week before comfortably beaten by the Hawks. Campbell Gray went OK, (9HO, a goal, 13d and 5m) but I hate to say it, coaches probably inclined to play Samson Ryan before Gray. Gray's tank needs work. That said, Ryan and Nank could end up poleaxing each other at training and Gray could then be next man up.

Mezzoculo - No game played on the weekend for the VFL Tiges - the week before comfortably beaten by the Hawks. Campbell Gray went OK, (9HO, a goal, 13d and 5m) but I hate to say it, coaches probably inclined to play Samson Ryan before Gray. Gray's tank needs work. That said, Ryan and Nank could end up poleaxing each other at training and Gray could then be next man up.
Cheers both. Might have to look elsewhere.

Bit surprised by this. There are now only three $1M+ players. The next most expensive is what surprised me:

1719222673359.png

I'm seeing a lot of people trading out Sexton given the potential role change, but who does this leave as your F6?

I think that most would agree that Zork, Heeney, Flanders, Fisher, Caldwell are F1-5, but someone needs to be at F6 and you can't have a rookie on field there at this time of year. Who is everyone's pick for next best?

Miers, after a big score following a few down weeks?
Matt Kennedy, betting on him continuing to notch up CBAs?
Liam Baker, hoping he continues to get mid minutes and isn't too distracted by contract talks?
Joe Daniher in a firing Brissy forward line?
Simpkin despite reverting back to the same role on the weekend that saw him averaging ~ 60 in the first half of the year?
Keep Sexton and hope he continues to get some half back time?

Genuinely think this is the BIG question for the remainder of the year, keen to hear people's thoughts

I dont think its worth trading out Sexton at all unless you have a completed squad.

His BE is still 66, and I after watching the game yesterday I dont know why theyd take Sexton out of the backline when Flanders is in there.

Take Flanders out, put him in his actual role in the midfield, I dont even know what hes doing in the backline tbh.
Flanders played mid in the last qtr and looked very good, Sexton might be just fine

I'm seeing a lot of people trading out Sexton given the potential role change, but who does this leave as your F6?

I think that most would agree that Zork, Heeney, Flanders, Fisher, Caldwell are F1-5, but someone needs to be at F6 and you can't have a rookie on field there at this time of year. Who is everyone's pick for next best?

Liam Baker, hoping he continues to get mid minutes and isn't too distracted by contract talks?
Simpkin despite reverting back to the same role on the weekend that saw him averaging ~ 60 in the first half of the year?

Genuinely think this is the BIG question for the remainder of the year, keen to hear people's thoughts
I dont think its worth trading out Sexton at all unless you have a completed squad.

His BE is still 66, and I after watching the game yesterday I dont know why theyd take Sexton out of the backline when Flanders is in there.

Take Flanders out, put him in his actual role in the midfield, I dont even know what hes doing in the backline tbh.
Flanders played mid in the last qtr and looked very good, Sexton might be just fine

Agreed, unless hes dropped im not going to yet, need atleast another week to see if they keep Flanders in the mids, if so then he might just stay back there like he did in the 4th.

Ton-runs.
Fail Run Over GIF

The dreaded 3 ton-run curse ended the ton-run for:

Max Gawn, Tristan Xerri, Toby Nankervis,
Gawn had his three ton-run broken with a 98
Xerri went 99, while Nank had a 96

The curse is in play now for:

Adam Treloar, Lachy Whitfield, Joe Daniher

Thumbing their nose at it are:

Gulden(5 tons), Flanders(4), Grundy(5), Merrett(4), Crisp(6).

I was eyeing off Miers but given he dropped a floor score recently I'm looking for someone with a good run. Daniher and McKay scare the shit out of me but both are putting up points consistently, Carlton has an amazing run home and Brisbane have hit their straps and should play finals from here. I can see one or both in my team at some point but they'll be my 23rd premo.

Turns out my trades aren't as straight forward as I thought

Wanting to turn Breville & Freijah into Evans & Rozee, but I have no way of doing it due to lack of DPP

Annoyingly 1K short of using Jhye Clark instead of Freijah, which would've worked with the DDP I have available

Don't have enough cash banked to get Tholstrup & Rozee and not overly keen on any of the other low 200K guys (Brown, Brain, Hutchinson, Cleary, Gruzewski)

Which leads me to thinking of splitting Ryan & Breville into Rozee and someone $807K or under (DEF or FWD);

Yeo
Sicily
Richards
McKercher
Rivers
W.Powell
Miers

Really stuck on who to choose. Any suggestions, including someone not on the list above?

Wanting to turn Breville & Freijah into Evans & Rozee, but I have no way of doing it due to lack of DPP

Annoyingly 1K short of using Jhye Clark instead of Freijah, which would've worked with the DDP I have available

Don't have enough cash banked to get Tholstrup & Rozee and not overly keen on any of the other low 200K guys (Brown, Brain, Hutchinson, Cleary, Gruzewski)

Which leads me to thinking of splitting Ryan & Breville into Rozee and someone $807K or under (DEF or FWD);

Yeo
Sicily
Richards
McKercher
Rivers
W.Powell
Miers

Really stuck on who to choose. Any suggestions, including someone not on the list above?
I think Yeo is the best in terms of scoring, Mckercher if you want to make 100k+ on it and he count go at 95, Rankine as a POD, but if it was me id go Powell. Powell has either Sexton or Flanders role, which was pretty nice, and hes very cheap, I dont think his role will be as fruitful as Mckerchers role though

Yeo
Sicily
Richards
McKercher
Rivers
W.Powell
Miers

Really love the look of Richard’s and he’s a good POD. Bevo scares me though

At the moment i still have 1 rookie and powell on field. I can trade powell to rozee but I'm wondering if it's worth trying to get to Gulden as i don't have him yet.

Really i could only trade LDU or Luke Ryan to get him in... Is it worth trading to get Gulden?

Is Gulden a must have if it means 2 more weeks of rookies or hold out and complete the team?

Alternatively i could do something like butters and powell to rozee and caldwell?

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I already have him, but Moore is a decent shout. His ceiling is good and his run home is excellent (starting this week). I think running a Sexton/Moore loop each week (provided Sexton keeps the backline role) is a viable plan.

*Disclaimer: provider of this message not in running for the Hilux.

Yeo
Sicily
Richards
McKercher
Rivers
W.Powell
Miers

Looking at something very similar but can't get up to Sicily who would probably be my choice of that lot

Yeo probably the most potential to be the highest scorer of the rest but most risky with his body. Gives me $0 left if I get him so feels like it's meant to be

Not going near Richards (Bevo reasons), Rivers (Melbourne reasons). Don't know why as he's been great this year but Miers doesn't do it for me either, I'd rather take a flyer on Jeremy Cameron or someone personally.

Most likely to go to Powell or Mckercher just for the price and cash banked

Pre-bye against Freo, Richards played in the midfield with all Libba, Bont, Treloar, Sanders. Imo Richards is safe in the midfield for the rest of the season, he looks ridiculously good there.

The other thing was with Richards in the middle, Bramble took his HB role and played his best game for us.

The Bevo factor is always unclear, but I’d be seriously surprised if Ed doesn’t play the rest of the season in the midfield.

My team with no rookies and luxury trades to come:

1719273005114.png

Ranked 3k. I would say my team is better than last year at this point and rank is slightly worse. Game is getting harder.

Probably aiming to get Caldwell in for Sexton, someone? for Simpkin and Treloar/Taranto/Dunkley in for whichever premo mid is underperforming in future weeks. I've been holding out on Serong but he hasn't been that good.

A D6 in this week. Atm it's Richards. Would people go Trent Rivers instead? I have about 750k for that spot.

Last edited:

I think he could be a sneaky home run pick that not many will go. Since in the midfield he's gone 97, 141, 66 injured when he was BOG first half (44% of game time so was on track for 120) and 93.

I'd rather him in my defence in coming weeks than Luke Ryan for example. And probably Jordan Clark. Freo have stopped kicking the ball backwards as part of their game plan. I'd put him on par with Sinclair as a trade in

Rivers is tempting too with 80% CBA but it's only a 1 week sample size so tough call.

Bit surprised by this. There are now only three $1M+ players. The next most expensive is what surprised me:

View attachment 2029279
I'm missing the thorn in my side from this list... Max Gawn.

Don't know when i'll be able to pull the trigger. Has undoubtedly been the pick of the season and is probably the difference in my side and a thousand ranks or so at least.

It's a great point, I need a rookie on field this week regardless unfortunately so i'll take it at F6 given it's the best spot to be.

I can't comment with any insight onto most of these but would flag with Kennedy that he is only an Adam Cerra away from being stuck in the forward line, or subbed, or some other dimished role. And I think Cerra shouldn't be too far away. Would be very dangerous trading into Kennedy.

I'm missing the thorn in my side from this list... Max Gawn.

Don't know when i'll be able to pull the trigger. Has undoubtedly been the pick of the season and is probably the difference in my side and a thousand ranks or so at least.

At this point I think you keeping fade Gawn and hope his 32 year old body doesn't last the year. No upside to jumping onto a player everyone else has.

I own him but slightly concerned with what I saw on the weekend. He was really struggling and walking the whole 2nd half of the game and this is after the bye. Even to the point he didn't make it from across the ground it to numerous ruck contests so Melbourne had no ruck. First time I've seen that from him this year

Historically his scores drop in the 2nd half of seasons.

At this point I think you keeping fade Gawn and hope his 32 year old body doesn't last the year. No upside to jumping onto a player everyone else has.

I own him but slightly concerned with what I saw on the weekend. He was really struggling and walking the whole 2nd half of the game and this is after the bye. Even to the point he didn't make it from across the ground it to numerous ruck contests so Melbourne had no ruck. First time I've seen that from him this year

I hope so!

Gawn was slow and walking from the first bounce this year against English

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back