Game Day 2024 Fantasy Round 17 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Missing V/C's and Captains has hurt last few weeks. Merret perhaps didn't hurt as much as it could have but why on earth did I think Collingwood might try and stop them a bit more...

Missing V/C's and Captains has hurt last few weeks. Merret perhaps didn't hurt as much as it could have but why on earth did I think Collingwood might try and stop them a bit more...
Collingwood games against the good sides tend to be pretty free flowing and stat friendly. Wanted to go Caldwell all week but after having a rough year with VC thought I’d go safer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want it on the record that I had Caldwell as vice until 30 minutes before the bounce. Staggered he wasn't a popular choice.

I had him locked in all week, and nearly talked myself out of it 5 mins before the bounce because it just felt weird to be giving him the VC despite his form and Collingwood being an easier team to score on. So glad I held steady!

5/577
Brought Sidebum in for rnd 10 after his move to the backline for $540k to get a rookie off the field and he's been pretty underwhelming. He was meant to be gone this week but had to deal with Fisher instead, first time for the year that the Fantasy gods have smiled on me.
Have Harrison's 60 on the bench and now wondering whether I should take that, keep Fisher and trade out Sexton instead?

I can't loop a rookie through Fisher. Who do you think out of Dowling, Humphries, and Schoenmaker will score the most points?
There is not a standout - Brisbane and Sydney are the hardest match-ups, though the Sydney game is at least under the roof in Melb. Geelong at Alphabet Stadium is never easy. I'd probably prefer Schoenmaker under the roof as he's a marking, kicking player, but if any get above 60 it will be a ✔️

5/577
Brought Sidebum in for rnd 10 after his move to the backline for $540k to get a rookie off the field and he's been pretty underwhelming. He was meant to be gone this week but had to deal with Fisher instead, first time for the year that the Fantasy gods have smiled on me.
Have Harrison's 60 on the bench and now wondering whether I should take that, keep Fisher and trade out Sexton instead?
Why would Sexton go below 60 is the question?

I had him locked in all week, and nearly talked myself out of it 5 mins before the bounce because it just felt weird to be giving him the VC despite his form and Collingwood being an easier team to score on. So glad I held steady!
Had Caldwell in my side last week until before the bounce and went Green instead. Wasn't going to miss him this week, his energy at the ball is second to none at the moment. Trades were set last Tuesday night and ignored all the noise so no changes, though I had a sneaky look 15 mins before the game - but held strong:tearsofjoy:

4/449
13 for super Saturday

Simpkin Touk Sexton Flanders (vc) Graham
Houston Rozee English Bont
Green Whitfield
Clark Young
Think 4/449 would be a huge sit right now across the comp! 40/20/60/20% owned foursome (roughly)

Brought in Caldwell finally this week.

Just got home from the game. Man Zerrett was immense. Frustrating some of his good play and pressure resulted in 0 points 😒
A Richmond supporter at a Collingwood vs Essendon game that has zero implications for the Tiger's season?!

That's true dedication to fantasy footy.

A Richmond supporter at a Collingwood vs Essendon game that has zero implications for the Tiger's season?!

That's true dedication to fantasy footy.
Missus is Collingwood and her sister thinks she's a jinx. What a great night. After 14 years I'm getting closer and closer to converting her 😁

Remove this Banner Ad

Back