List Mgmt. 2024 Father Son watch MKIII. Operation Ashcroft jnr. Featuring various academy boys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Some more clips for Levi Ashcroft & Sam Marshall for Sandringham (white strip) in Coates League Round 19:

Levi Ashcroft #3 - another quiet one from Levi (there have been a few this year) - a lot less stoppage appearances than his VFL debut a few weeks ago though. Father/Son selection still a valid option, as he'd still be best available at our projected pick (even if we lose the Elimination Final)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sam Marshall #36 - An OK performance from him, but for me, still a "wait and see" where the bid comes in - if there were more preferred options still available at time of bid (especially KPD, KPP, or players with real speed) I would chance the odds of picking one up and not match (at this stage, still some time to impress)

Some more clips for Levi Ashcroft & Sam Marshall for Sandringham (white strip) in Coates League Round 19:

Levi Ashcroft #3 - another quiet one from Levi (there have been a few this year) - a lot less stoppage appearances than his VFL debut a few weeks ago though. Father/Son selection still a valid option, as he'd still be best available at our projected pick (even if we lose the Elimination Final)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sam Marshall #36 - An OK performance from him, but for me, still a "wait and see" where the bid comes in - if there were more preferred options still available at time of bid (especially KPD, KPP, or players with real speed) I would chance the odds of picking one up and not match (at this stage, still some time to impress)

We went tall in last year's draft knowing we have midfield draft in the next 2 years. doubt we'll pass on Marshall.

I think we'll take both Ashcroft and Marshall, as well as Annable next year.

We went tall in last year's draft knowing we have midfield draft in the next 2 years. doubt we'll pass on Marshall.

I think we'll take both Ashcroft and Marshall, as well as Annable next year.
I think Marshall presents an interesting dilemma for the Lions. Promising development talls most likely available at later picks. I have no idea how the club rate them. I think Gillard has shown enough to go in the draft, but players like Gilder and Gallop I think more likely to slip to the rookie draft if picked up at all. Also need to protect next years draft position given possible picks in 2025.

So at what point would we match on Marshall? Do we hold points (and list spots) for possible later matching? Will be a very interesting draft night.

Daniel Annable (2025 draft) getting some rave reviews on the draft board for his performance in a QAFL final on the weekend from Miller1971 & OnLooker1932 >

Annable was incredible in the QAFL Elimination final on the weekend.

23 disposals, 14 contested, 11 clearances and 7 tackles in a pretty red hot game.

Marshall is an important pick up, he's a genuine two way mid/wing option. Very important for our mid mix moving forward.

Harrison Arnold out of contract with the Swans, 25 and is ready to go. Maybe we could pick him up for KP depth.

Ashcroft, Marshall, a KPP, Gilder, Gillet as a minimum would be a decent haul. Would like to add a good pressure forward to that mix.

Daniel Annable (2025 draft) getting some rave reviews on the draft board for his performance in a QAFL final on the weekend from Miller1971 & OnLooker1932 >

23 disposals, 14 contested, 11 clearances and 7 tackles in a pretty red hot game.

Annable will be a single figure draft pick. He's way ahead of where Lombard was this time last year.

Marshall is an important pick up, he's a genuine two way mid/wing option. Very important for our mid mix moving forward.

Harrison Arnold out of contract with the Swans, 25 and is ready to go. Maybe we could pick him up for KP depth.

Ashcroft, Marshall, a KPP, Gilder, Gillet as a minimum would be a decent haul. Would like to add a good pressure forward to that mix.

Arnold is no good and the Lions obviously didn't rate him. Would take Gilder or Richardson over him, and in all honesty - think they probably go undrafted at this point.

Thanks for your input. Hard to pick Marshall’s two way running watching clips. Would be a very important attention to our mid field rotations.

Can't stay healthy. No point having depth if the depth is injured too.

More James Barrat (I know, not likely to be available now)
If he isn't making it to the end of the draft for us to take, might Clancy Dennis from WA be an option? I can't say I've watched him play much, but he did make the AA U18 team at CHB. Also a late year birthday, which we are known to like (as is Barrat, but Dennis is in the last few days of the year).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Daniel Annable #18 Redlands (red & black) - QAFL Elimination Final

Annable will be a single figure draft pick. He's way ahead of where Lombard was this time last year.

Arnold is no good and the Lions obviously didn't rate him. Would take Gilder or Richardson over him, and in all honesty - think they probably go undrafted at this point.
Annable is a great young kid playing QAFL but to say he is in way in front of Lombard who was playing VFL last season is a stretch.

Annable is a great young kid playing QAFL but to say he is in way in front of Lombard who was playing VFL last season is a stretch.

Thats merely a reflection of the two clubs development policies, as opposed to how well Annable is going or isn't going.

The Suns have been playing as many as 5-7 of their 16-17 year old academy kids in the VFL this year, the Lions have played 2 x 18 year olds and thats it.

Lombard last year was in the Allies and got limited game time and wasn't selected in multiple games.

Annable was just about the best mid in the Allies as a 17 year old and would have been very close to All-Australian u18 selection

Allies was obviously a strong team last year, but Annable basically had very similar output to Lombard as a teammate this year and is 2025 draft. If he was eligible, I recon he would be a Top 30 pick this year.

For what it's worth, from inside the club:

They rate Marshall so will do the work needed to get him

Whomever the tall bloke is that ppl have been talking about from the academy they do NOT rate. No aggression was the line used. Seems we have learnt from Schache and Fullarton? You just can't teach aggression i reckon!

Whomever the tall bloke is that ppl have been talking about from the academy they do NOT rate. No aggression was the line used. Seems we have learnt from Schache and Fullarton? You just can't teach aggression i reckon!
Tom Gillett, Ty Gallop?

Did they say anything about the kids for next year's draft?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Father Son watch MKIII. Operation Ashcroft jnr. Featuring various academy boys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back