List Mgmt. 2024 Father Son watch MKIII. Operation Ashcroft jnr. Featuring various academy boys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I think if Morris is going to stay in the team we need either another super tall key forward or something to keep the point of difference between him and Hipwood.

If we were going after an Adelaide key forward at this point I would prefer Tilthorpe

Thilthorpe just extended until 2028. Fogarty is conspicuously still not contracted beyond next year, his free agent year.

Have you got some "inside" gossip you would like to share with us mp?:D

No inside gossip, just keep stating this as a fact and it might actually happen !
Remember he after all got himself suspended this year not wanting to play against us :D

Thilthorpe just extended until 2028. Fogarty is conspicuously still not contracted beyond next year, his free agent year.
Oh I agree I think we are no chance at Thilthorpe just he's the style of player I'd like more from the crows. Im not sure who else is like that going around

But what if what I want to believe is that 2+2=potato? Am I free to do this or am I not allowed to? I'm confused.
With pick 18 the Lions draft A. Potato.

For those playing along at home.

I went and watched this game and Morningside slaughtered the Magpies. Even first 10 minutes and then it was a bloodbath.

The young lad Troydan was completely unsighted. Magpies didn't really have aby good players. Highly rated Harrison up forward was a non factor. Only good players for Sherwood were #85 Romelo, #71 Preston and #24 Slater. There was also a lad with a booming left foot who kicked a set shot from well outside 50, but didn't catch his number.

Morningside on the other hand... Ben Lillico #19 did as he pleased - kid is a star. Mid sized forward called Lay #6 kicked a bag of 7, #13 Tanks was superb through the middle and #11 Seton is impressive. I assume the 15 year old being referred to was Hodge - non factor, but not bad playing u19s at 15..!

15 year old was Thomson, he's my young fella. Wasn't a good day for the Pies, he went ok and kicked a goal - but none of them exactly elevated their status in a dirty day.

14 x i50s to 4 in the first 15 minutes and the Panthers kicked 4 from 4, the boys heads dropped and it turned into one of those days.

he is 2025 draft, I think maybe a late birthdate though.

I'd estimate that he had 40+ disposals and kicked 3-4 goals with at least 10 clearances. He was dominant.

Morningside clearly did a better job of managing their young talent towards finals, I went along expecting to see Gilder, Gillet, Bridge, Meekin, Glass playing for Sherwood and none of them were, despite their Seniors not making finals.

Gilder has never played Colts football ever, went straight form u16s to Seniors and finished 4th in B&F at 16. Gillet, Glass and Meekin have all been playing VFL in last 2 years, playing them in Colts would be foolish. Bridge we should have qualified, but didn't work out and representative games caused interruptions

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the last 2 weeks The Lions have been linked to small forward's in Roasa and Martin I'm not how bad the injury is to McCarthy
I wouldn't worry too much, it's only been 4 months since the injury. One of the most professional guys out there and re-signed already for next year and I reckon he will be good to go early next season.

Re watched last years prelim final over the weekend and while Kai has done a good job that game showed what we are missing with Linc out.

Absolute gun who should come straight back into the team.

I wouldn't worry too much, it's only been 4 months since the injury. One of the most professional guys out there and re-signed already for next year and I reckon he will be good to go early next season.

Re watched last years prelim final over the weekend and while Kai has done a good job that game showed what we are missing with Linc out.

Absolute gun who should come straight back into the team.
Who would come out for Linc though, l think we have to keep Kai in - brings an energy to everyone with his style and is a hard matchup.

IMO AhChee doesn't come out due to age profile, flexibility and he has done some important tagging rolls this year as a forward (eg the lizard).

Not sure why the non love for Ah Chee - this year has been his best year to date. In any case injuries will ensure they will all get a go.
I'd drop him out but it's not due to lack of love - I just think Linc provides more impact, and there's no way I'm dropping Kai. Out of remaining players who primarily play the small forward role, it's then Charlie (yeah no) or Bailey (I still have him above Cal). Simply an unfortunate squeeze, and very dependent on Linc coming back at his top form which isn't a guarantee given the year off and starting to get into that 30+ age group where the end can come suddenly.

IMO AhChee doesn't come out due to age profile, flexibility and he has done some important tagging rolls this year as a forward (eg the lizard).
As per KissKiss
AhChee is the perfect sub due to his flexibility.

Ah Chee is a great sub, but his flexibility has made him vulnerable to being pigeonholed to play it.

I think he’s good enough to lock down a full time forward flank role, but given he can also go back he gets shifted around before he can prove his credentials over an extended run.

Ah Chee is a great sub, but his flexibility has made him vulnerable to being pigeonholed to play it.

I think he’s good enough to lock down a full time forward flank role, but given he can also go back he gets shifted around before he can prove his credentials over an extended run.
He has pretty much played forward/wing all year.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Father Son watch MKIII. Operation Ashcroft jnr. Featuring various academy boys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back